Topic

Where's Bruce?, Round the Third (Closed)

Welcome to the third installment in the under-recognized but still epically cool Where's Bruce projects!

Choose one of the following. It’s like a test. Only it doesn’t measure anything. And there are no grades. Unless you choose #7. Then you fail.

A. I already know what this is all about because I’m a returning victim, an observant lurker, or just a general know-it-all, and I want to participate in this latest totally cool project without having to read one of your interminable forum posts, which by the way are not as witty as you think they are.

b. I have no idea what’s going on but I’m awesome and I like to play and I want to do something fun and I can tell already I won’t mind your interminable forum post because it’s sure to be brilliant and hilarious.

π. I know about this and I want to be involved but the usual requirements are too much for me because I’m too busy, too shy, too lazy, or otherwise unable/unwilling to dress up in a totally ridiculous outfit and run all over tarnation taking humiliating pictures of myself.

IV. Sounds cool but I have a really short attention span and I don’t think it’s fair to make us wait a month to see the results.

∞. This looks cute and under other circumstances I might consider playing, but I am staff and this is probably beneath my dignity.

mc². I wish there were a FAQ. I sure do like FAQs. Is there a FAQ?

7. I think these “Where’s Bruce?” projects are cheap unoriginal copycat knockoffs of the real thing and I don’t know why people even bother because basically I find you kind of annoying and full of yourself.

NOTE: I’ve broken this post down and will be linking to replies rather than putting all the information here for three reasons: 1) to make it easier for you to read while giving the impression that I’m not longwinded; 2) to showcase my expertise at misusing forum posts while correctly using the “permalink” function; and 3) to trick people into thinking this is a hot topic by how quickly it has garnered so many replies. If you object to any of these things, please post a reply saying so. Which will make this topic seem even MORE popular. Win-win!

ALSO NOTE: In the interests of curbing my tendencies to publicly threaten the people who read my Bruce posts, I've removed the warning here about what I would've done to anyone who'd interfered with my reply formatting scheme by jumping in and commenting before I got all seven informational replies in.

Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4
  • •Information for Those Who Already Know the Drill•

You chose:

“I already know what this is all about because I’m a returning victim, an observant lurker, or just a general know-it-all, and I want to participate in this latest totally cool project without having to read one of your interminable forum posts, which by the way are not as witty as you think they are.”

Here ya go, short and sweet:

Here’s the look:

Control Image

Here’s the location:

Kristel Kaos.

Have fun!
  • •Step-by-Step Instructions for New Kids and Others Who Don’t Know the Drill•

You chose:

“I have no idea what’s going on but I’m awesome and I like to play and I want to do something fun and I can tell already I won’t mind your interminable forum post because it’s sure to be brilliant and hilarious. Tell me what to do!”

Okay, I don’t even care that you might be suck-uppily mocking me. I just put you on the “Possibly Not as Annoying as Most People” list. Now just trust me and follow these steps:

a. Take a look at this control image:
    Control Image

2. Go to the Wardrobe and Vanity pages and change your appearance to match the control image as much or as little as you like.
    NOTE: Change skin, hair, clothes, if you want, but keep your own facial features! Lots of people also keep their own hair styles, too. Whatever you want is fine, as long as you keep your own face.

iii. Once the changes have kicked in, go into the world of Ur and make your way to the super top-secret location of Kristel Kaos.
    NOTE: This location is a seam street and requires a key. If you’re brand new and want spoilers on how to find Kristel Kaos and/or how to find the right key, check out these pages of the Glitch wiki:

Kristel Kaos Page
    Key Info Page

You can also just approach some stranger Glitch on the street and ask her or him directly. Or you can reply here asking for help. Whatever works!

IV. Using the in-game snapshot feature, strike a pose, and then take and publish a snapshot or two of yourself (or, if you are b3achy, ELEVEN snapshots).
    NOTE: No filters! Smiling not required.

93757311919. Come back to this thread and say you’ve published a snapshot.
    NOTE: Since snapshots don’t always seem to show up on the locations pages in a timely way, this is an important step. It lets me know I need to go to your profile page and look at your snaps. Also, it adds replies to this thread, which helps sustain the illusion that it is a super popular event. This is important for my self-esteem. If you’re feeling really helpful, you can even give me links to the snaps themselves. People who give links go on the “Possibly Less Annoying than Most People” list! Now that’s incentive.

That’s it! Once you’ve done these steps you can use the iMG cloud menu in game to near-instantly go back to your usual appearance. As an added bonus, the game will save the Bruce look for you and if you don’t delete it, you will forevermore have the option of choosing to Brucefy yourself at a moment’s notice, which is cool because Bruce is cool and does too have great taste in clothes, dammit.
  • •Information for People Who Want to Play But Who for Whatever Reason Cannot Play All the Way•

You chose:

“I know about this and I want to be involved but the usual requirements are too much for me because I’m too busy, too shy, too lazy, or otherwise unable/unwilling to dress up in a totally ridiculous outfit and run all over tarnation taking humiliating pictures of myself.”

Follow the instructions for whichever statement fits you best:

a. I’m fine with temporarily changing my appearance even though, seriously? How do you pick out these outfits? — but the rest of it is too much.
    Okay. Change your appearance then use the in-game snapshot function to take a snapshot of yourself wherever it’s most convenient for you. Your house or backyard is fine if you don’t want to be seen in public wearing the Bruce outfit which by the way is totally classy even if you don’t have the fashion sense to realize it. Come back to this thread and post a link to the snapshot. You don’t have to publish it, but you do need to give me a link to it.

17. I guess it might be kind of cool to do this but I really don’t want to have to waste any of my time in the game on it and I certainly am not going to dress up in that horrible outfit. However I suppose I’m willing to spare 47 seconds to copy my player TSID for you and paste it as a reply on this thread.
    All right, don’t hurt yourself being too enthusiastic there. Just reply to this thread indicating you want to be involved and give me your player TSID. If you don’t know what that means, go to your profile page and copy the URL and come back here and paste that instead. I’ll take it from there. See? I’m reasonable.

•I don’t want to have to do anything but I still want the glory of having been a part of it.
    Well, you at least have the right instincts, however poor your follow-through might be. You can leave a reply on this thread to that effect and if I suddenly feel super accommodating or perhaps just desperate for sulky, non-Brucefied extras, I might include you. No promises though.

Note that anyone commenting on this thread for any reason is fair game. Even if you comment saying “Whatever you do, do NOT put me in this stupid thing!” Especially if you do that. In fact that will basically guarantee that I put you in.

Okay I don’t know if I just tried to reverse-psychology you or if I just ended up reverse-psychology-ing myself. *scowls*

Edited to add: As Zany publicly points out in her reply, rather than messaging me privately like a REAL friend would, I had a typo and wrote the word "thread" in the paragraph above as "threat." I have fixed it, but now plan to stalk all of Zany's posts for mistakes and then make a show of announcing them as replies in her threads. Oh, did that sound like a threat? Maybe it was just a typo.
  • •Information for Whiners•

You chose:

”Sounds cool but I have a really short attention span and I don’t think it’s fair to make us wait a month to see the results.”

Yeah. You should sit this one out.
  • •Information for Staff•

You chose:

“This looks cute and under other circumstances I might consider playing, but I am staff and this is probably beneath my dignity.”

Yes, it’s true. All staff who have opted to play in previous editions have done so via sprite sheets, whereupon I automatically chose the most undignified and unflattering pose available (i.e., teleportation pose). Any staff member who makes any comment whatsoever on this thread or in private communication with me about the matter will receive similar if not identical treatment.
  • *FAQ*

You chose:
    “I wish there were a FAQ. I sure do like FAQs. Is there a FAQ?”

Why yes, as a matter of fact, there is a FAQ! It’s your lucky day!

Can you tell me what this is all about without writing a damn book?
    Sure. People submit snapshots of themselves and I use them to make a cool picture.

Okay, can you give me just a little more information?
    Yep. In fact I can overload you with information.

Forum post seeking volunteers for first Bruce project, which no one knew was a Bruce project. Well, okay, I knew. Includes original FAQ! Yay!
    Forum post for results of first Bruce project.

Forum post seeking volunteers for the second Bruce project.
    Forum post for results of Where’s Bruce 2.

Seriously, I don’t want links to forum posts. How about just links to the final pictures.
    Hey, if you want to know what it’s all about, go read the other things. There are links there.

Why does Bruce always have to wear such stupid looking outfits?
    Shut up. Bruce is adorable. And this time it’s a color-coordinated outfit. Even the hair and skin match. What more do you want.

Why do I have to keep my own facial features?
    Because.

Why do I have to use the in-game snapshot feature?
    Because it’s how I make sure all the images are the same scale, and because I prefer to use in-game features rather than third-party or system-specific functions.

What if I don’t have snapshottery or a camera yet?
    Then you’re a special case! Say something on this thread to that effect and I guarantee one of the nice people who like to play this game will offer to help you out. Not me, though. I’m not nice.

When will we get to see the final results?
    When I’m done making the picture.

Days? Weeks? Months?
    Almost certainly not longer than a month from now.

That’s a long time!
    Yep. Think of it as a way of exercising your psyche to strengthen your ability to tolerate delayed gratification.

The other times I did this, I was all excited to find the real Bruce, and I was pretty sure I did, but then you never posted anywhere what the right answer was. That sucked.
    Yes, I’m sorry about that. The right answer for Bruce 1 is #75 and the right answer for Bruce 2 is #171. It will be better this time.

Why do the other titles on these replies have bullets and this one has asterisks?
    I just did that to be obnoxious.

Why is this stuck over here in the Announcements Forum? No one will ever see it.
    Because I’m being respectful of the categorization scheme that TS is trying to implement in the forums.

You could just post in General and pretend you didn’t know, or say if it’s in the wrong place a dev could move it for you or something. Way more people would see it if it were in General. And they didn’t move those other Bruce things over here. So you’d have plausible deniability.
    Don’t think I didn’t consider it. But I read the instructions about what to put where. I know this is an announcement about a game event, not a question or discussion about gameplay. I know this organizational scheme is still new, which means fewer people will see this. But I’m not going to do sneaky shit just to get a wider audience. I will, however, fart on command if it might get a wider audience. I have standards. Is the thing. *farts hopefully, just in case*

Why are you letting people play if all they do is make a comment here? I’m going through a lot of trouble to do this right and it seems wrong that they get to just sit there and do nothing and still be a part of it.
    Don’t worry, I’m going to put all those people in with squinty-eyed pose. Maybe they will even get a special “I Have Crappy Priorities” button or something. P.S. I just added you to the “People Who Can Always Find Something Stupid to Bitch About” list.

Are you going to have Bruce appear again with a certain object, like last time, how the real Bruce had to have a Rube Cubimal?
    Mmmmaaayyyyyybeeeee.

Ooh, can you at least give a hint?
    The object might be a game item that begins with the letter S. The first fifty people who submit snapshots of themselves with such a game item might receive a disappointing little prize.

Why are you hiding that information way down here in the FAQ? Nobody reads FAQs!
    It’s a special reward for reading the FAQ. Think of it this way: if you appear with an S-item, you will instantly be way cooler than anyone who doesn’t. Ooh, and maybe we should PUNISH the people who don’t! Okay, wait. I’m trying to curb the threats and scowls this time. Okay, no penalties for not reading the FAQ. Which, seriously. Clearly the FAQ is not actually providing any useful information whatsoever. Why are you still here?

Never mind that — what’s the item? Shovel? Spinach? Small shiny object with no intrinsic value? String? Secular Holiday Egg?
    It is top secret and if I told you, I’d have to kill you.

If I have other questions that your admittedly comprehensive and flawlessly-written FAQ didn’t cover, what should I do?
    I will answer any question you ask here.

Really? ANY question? What if I want to ask you about your age or your masturbatory habits, huh?
    Okay, almost any question. Anyone asking about my age and masturbatory habits will be summarily added to the “Nosy Pervert” list and will receive no disappointing little prize, even if she or he does appear with a game item that begins with the letter S.
  • Oops. Turns out I didn't need this one. So much for my perfectly-planned-out, reply-abusing formatting scheme. Hmph.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS. Move along now.

Edited to add:

Oh. I suppose this could be an appropriate place for apologizing about linking people to Don McLean.

*considers*

Nah. If you picked #7, you totally deserved it.
  • Entering with sprite-sheet:  http://c2.glitch.bz/avatars/2011-12-21/9e8cecfab02eeffe4b439a482a089b05_1324531531_base.png
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You have a typo. Once you said "threat" instead of "thread." Just to be annoying, I won't tell you where. 
    *stalks off to wardrobe*
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay, TomC! I know you are special needs in the changing-clothes department, and I know you will never Bruce yourself up or otherwise change your appearance, so I'm not going to tease you about how utterly you have failed to make yourself look even remotely like the control image. Instead I'm busy being impressed at your mad sprite-sheet skillz. Thanks for making it seventeen thousand times easier for me to put you in the picture.
  • Ow my eyes!  (Siren, don't put me on the annoying people list, I'll do it later.  But Jumping Jehosaphat that outfit.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So. Excited. To get my Bruce on! *prepares to bruce*
    ...yes, Siren. It is now a verb. You done made me verb that muufo!
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zany, I have fixed the typo, and given you special mention for finding it.

Fnibbit, I know you will look great in (every shade of) red.

Voluptua Sneezelips, even better is that you verbed "verb." *verbs happily*
  • I'm not entirely sure that I've done this right as I really do have a short attention span so it was really tempting to pick iv, but.

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PHF20O01HRC21FP/58130-942c28d815/

I'm still in Kristel Kaos so let me know if I should rebruce or something :P
    Also, I look alarmingly like a starter Glitch with a strange -- er, I mean, amazing, obviously -- taste in fashion with this hair and skin colour, haha.

(and PHF20O01HRC21FP is my number, whoops~)
    Posted 12 years ago by Moi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Come on, it would have been much less annoying if I had IM'd you privately. Plus, this way... more replies for your thread, so it looks more popular!  =D
  • YAY YAY YAY

lem.to/p/5m4K
    lem.to/p/wHow
    lem.to/p/nRDz
    lem.to/p/I3WA

I even brought out my pickle and made a TP face just for you, Sirentist. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Melismata Rookwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Moi, that is perfectly perfect and look at you with an S-item and everything! Yay!
  • I did another slightly more interesting one just in case you'd rather have that, haha.

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PHF20O01HRC21FP/58136-72bf876f92/

Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Posted 12 years ago by Moi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh just noticed the thread title is Round the Third, just like Shrek the Third? (bad at making connections).
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay, Zany, that is a fair point and in light of it I have gone back and added in several typos for you to find so we can conspire to falsely pad this thread with replies.

And yay, Melismata Rookwood! I LOVE TP FACE SO MUCH. Someday I'll do a Bruce where everyone has to have TP face.

Yay, Moi, thanks for both of them! It's always better when I have options, especially since things can get pretty crowded. Although maybe not this time. It will be interesting to see what the turnout is (or isn't), what with this being tucked away here in this forum.

TomC, I am way too socially inept to make cultural references like that. It's just me messing around and doing vaguely bad things to grammar on purpose because I am a giant dork and I find it amusing, as in general I am super self-entertaining and have an overly positive regard for my own humor.

*cracks self up*
    *AGAIN*

Edited to add:

Okay, I lied about going back and putting in typos. But I'm gone to include a mistake in every one of my replies to this thread from now on. Just to keep Zany happy. Because I'm a good friend that way.
  • Here you go, the link. I did 2 pics, but this, the 2nd, I like better. Whatever.
  • Ah, will definitely enter later. These are fun.

Although I have to say that the impact of your option number 7 is a bit reduced by the fact that when I click the link, all the video does is show a Youtube notification informing me that the video is unavailable in my country because it contains music by EMI, and the intellectual rights mafia here hasn't granted the right to play it. ;-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Not a Princess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, no, Not a Princess! How anticlimactic! 

Although it's probably just as well. I mean, it's just the song by Don McLean that goes, "Everybody loves me baby ... what's the matter with you?" Its pretty much my go-to song for those extremely obnoxious narcissistic moments. Well. I'm also prone to suddenly start singing it during episodes of anxiousness, like when I've been caught red-handed in the act of trying to get away with something. Sometimes the song, sometimes a fear fart. Sometimes both at once! I'm a joy to have as a housemate.
  • I'm pretty sure I screwed up the skin/hair colour but done! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by spotlightgirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You did it perfectly, spotlightgirl. 

And there's no way to screw anything up -- honest! I mean, look at TomC. He's not wearing one bit of plaid or polka-dots or anything. You really couldn't look less like Bruce then TomC does. 

Okay I'm going to stop replying to every single comment here because it seems pathetic and a bit too desperate, even to me. I prefer my manipulations to be slightly less transparent, thank you very much.

*scowls*

Edited to add:

Also, it is KILLING me to purposefully insert a mistake into every one of my replies here. 
  • lem.to/p/8tGX
    lem.to/p/xTLK
    lem.to/p/ZgaD
    lem.to/p/ucLS
    lem.to/p/abFI
    Posted 12 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh dear - I tried - lol
    Posted 12 years ago by Amelia-Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amelia-Fae, thats awesome -- in a groaning pun sort of way -- and I'd love to use it, but I'm only just good enough at this to manage unfiltered snaps, and yours was taken with the Chilliwack Filter. Care to try again?
  • did two. not particularly creative, but i fit the guidelines :D

lem.to/p/kL2C
    lem.to/p/4MPb
    Posted 12 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.glitch.com/snaps/PHV8PQ...

yep.. more bears
    Posted 12 years ago by Puzz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I gave it a go:

lem.to/p/Clz3
    lem.to/p/k5kR
    lem.to/p/FbM4
    Posted 12 years ago by Shiola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a question!
    *raises hand, waves wildly*
    *\o
    Its says use "your face", but I change my face all the time.  So Im confused.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • and 3., I have published a snap entitled something similar to "finally Bruce", here is what I think is a link to it: http://lem.to/p/vdVE
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was Bruce-for-a-day. I hadn't been to KK in 190 days, so that was fun. I took a couple of snapshots. Bruce's hair is rather fun, there.

lem.to/p/ZguD
    lem.to/p/aPJA
    Posted 12 years ago by MicklePickle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lem.to/p/ghzh
    lem.to/p/94hz

and a double bruce
    lem.to/p/D4qY
    Posted 12 years ago by Karpathia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gadzooks, I guess if you change your facial features all the time, and you don't have a set of features that you feel are the "real" you, it would make the most sense for you to just go with whatever you've been using most recently.

Also, since it's no fun to make mistakes without Zany here to mock me, I'm done with putting intentional errors into my replies now. *scowls*
  • I took a great many Bruce pictures in an attempt to come to terms with the horrid pinkness. I'm kind of attached to it now. Here's the last of eight of them.
    Posted 12 years ago by karibean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it was my first time in Kristel Kaos :) i took 2 snaps, here : 
    lem.to/p/aklR  and lem.to/p/Ax8G
    Posted 12 years ago by Geometrico Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello Sci - I did it without a filter - HERE xxxxxxxxx
    Posted 12 years ago by Amelia-Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For the lazy, these are the clothes used in the reference picture:

www.glitch.com/wardrobe/#!p...
    www.glitch.com/wardrobe/#!s...
    www.glitch.com/wardrobe/#!s...
    Posted 12 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gah, this better be worth the public humiliation I had to go through to get these pictures

lem.to/p/5KpP
    lem.to/p/dOhE
    Posted 12 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yo
    Where's
    Bruce?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ooola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flying
    Looking over my shoulder
    Scratching my butt
    Posted 12 years ago by Candy Warhol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A bunch of Bruce (Bruces? Bruci?)

lem.to/p/5j6q
    lem.to/p/lHFb
    lem.to/p/weJj
    lem.to/p/gnlL
    lem.to/p/KNIi
    Posted 12 years ago by Ama Gad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay, here's mine!

Wheeee!

Also, thanks for choosing a location that I haven't been to in forever!  226 days!  :O  It was fun visiting it again, hehe.  :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Boniferous Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't been to Kristel Kaos for ages, either!

Here are my Bruce pics:

www.glitch.com/snaps/PHVAI4...

Hope some of these make it in!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You will never be able to use all my Brucey shots. :) (On profile.)
    Posted 12 years ago by DanteAmaya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chicken Lady Bruce here, some with DanteBruce

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVVN5TSFLH2BB8/59112-716e6a947c/
    http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVVN5TSFLH2BB8/59173-0b600fe683/
    http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVVN5TSFLH2BB8/59175-c44d5c7327/
    http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVVN5TSFLH2BB8/59128-262d0f9801/

DanteAmaya asked me to take this one - http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVVN5TSFLH2BB8/59177-22c7fe51b8/
    Posted 12 years ago by Reida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OH. MY. GOSH. This is truly the funniest damn thread I have read in a long LONG time. My face hurts, my nose is running, and I just almost barely didnt' literally pee my pants. Siren, I don't know WHO doesn't think you are funny, but they need their sense of humor serviced is all I can say as the tears still run down my face. Oh Lord! But yes, the outfit... well, I shall refrain from making an ass out of myself after having such a monumentously outstanding laugh to the point of pain. I'm going in. Bruce me, closet!!! :'D
    Posted 12 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lem.to/p/2lMJ
    lem.to/p/Aggc
    lem.to/p/FdHG
    lem.to/p/FY7h

That was fun! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4