Topic

Museum of Glitchen Items - Underway and seeking donations

As a hobby I've filled my tower with SDBs and will curate an archive of items that can be stored for display.

The index is based on the Glitch Encyclopedia ( http://www.glitch.com/items ) . For example, Tools are first, displayed on Floor 8, then Food, and so on.   Check out my Snaps for recent inventory images.

So far I've either bought or made everything but would gladly accept donations.  Anything of value would never be sold and if a donation was made as a duplicate I would return to sender.

Occasionally I sell herbs from my garden as a source of income, but otherwise the tower is there simply for your viewing pleasure.   Thanks and please come and visit!!!

Posted 12 years ago by ZombieVegan Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• And of course you'll have to have a Glitchmas Yeti, a Senor Funpickle, an SB-1, a Plate of Beans, and a Dusty Stick, or it won't be complete!

;-D
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pascale, yes, indeed!  Some items will be, of course, more elusive than others :)   Some items might prove to be beyond my means to acquire, but persistence and perseverance is the plan.   
  • Cool idea! Curious about what happens if you run out of space to put enough SDBs for one of each item?
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TomC, by way of summing up all the storable items in the Items list, yes, I have enough SDBs to hold everything.   To account for goofs and new items I have space on each floor to add another column of SDBs. 
  • Ah, what was the total number of different items you ended up with?
  • 582 is an approximate tally.   There are some items included in that count I've since discovered can't be stored/contained in SDBs.   For example, I can put a hog-tied piggy in and SDB, but it will escape and walk the floor, or if I put a super high sell price it will stay but looks weird like it is floating outside the box.   

I may consider 'placing' things on furniture in such a way to keep it from being taken, but I would not want to obscure the view of the SDB items.   So the the SDB archive is really the main emphasis right now and will keep me busy for a long time :)
  • Ah neat! Have you included the 5 carved Zilloween Pumpkins and the 5 lit versions for a total of 10 Carved Pumpkins in the count? That is a pretty clever way of keeping hogtied piggies from escaping the SDB!
  • No, don't have those in my list.   Would they remain in an SDB after Zilloween was over?
  • Also be aware that placing is still buggy, as far as anyone knows.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • diave, yes, not going to place items until bugs are fixed
  • Yes they remain in SDB but if you click on it they transform. So as long as you don't click on it, it works!
  • What if anyone else clicked on them?  

I might try to find a way to fit them in next Zilloween, but I can see accidently clicking a SDB and losing one.
  • Hm I don't think other people's clicks can bring up a verb menu so they should be safe, but not confirmed.
  • Confirmed.
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the information.  

I'm working toward filling in the gaps now, mostly from top to bottom.   Now with top three floors filled.  I'm going to start posting specific items I'm looking to acquire... probably in the Marketplace for the things I can afford to buy.
  • Take a look at my snapshots. I'd already pretty much done exactly this in my house as an attempt to push the code as much as possible.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fauxfire π Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fauxfire, very cool!  I was heading this way inside house as well.   The addition of Towers shifted my time and resources toward maxing the tower and building SDBs.  I like the ability to display without the hassle of handing out keys :)

Now my house is tiny with hardly anything inside, lol 
  • Rearranging today, removing SDBs that were holding a spot for items I've learned can't be stored; hog-tied piggy; icons; elements.  (anything else non-storable?)

Question of ignorance - Are the Street Creator Trophy pieces something that can be traded.  I'm thinking not.. nor do I think the 'pieces' can be earned right now (correct?)
  • Pieces can be traded, but they can't be earned right now. 20 different pieces total.
  • TomC, can the pieces be stored and/or displayed before being put together?

General Museum update:  Most of the items are on display now.   I need to go back to currant collecting to fill in a few gaps with party packs and some cubicles.   The very rares will take longer of course.   Come visit one and all
  • ZV, the individual pieces can be displayed in SDBs.
    I had five pieces on display until yesterday.

I'll swing by next time I'm in game to check out your tower :)
    Sounds great!
    Posted 12 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You opened a Cubimal Series 2 Box. You got a Hell Bartender Cubimal! 

Thanks be to the Cubes!

Forging ahead on the handful of rares!
  • Deeply thankful to and grateful for those who saw me dreaming and wanted to paint a stroke of color on that canvas.

xombiekitty - donations made of three dolls; Ayn Rand, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ludwig Wittgenstein.

a lifted pixel - donated purple-red square key, blue-yellow circle key, green-white circle key, teal-red hexagon key,  and red-green triangle key
  • Winter Wingding Party Pack Taster donated by Soupie -hooray and thanks!
  • Ike Turner donated Scion of Purple Cubimal - thanks!!!
  • Got the new rare item vendor items?
    Posted 12 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • daniel, not yet.
  • Antique Spigot added to museum - donated by Ike Turner
  • Added Rube Potato after earning some currants for a spell.   (lots more to earn, lol)

If anyone wanted to negotiate to buy the GNG on the Auction right now and then sell it to me for the museum in a week or so, I should have about that much by then.  

Regardless, if you haven't had a chance to visit the Museum, please do !    :)
  • AwesomeCardinal2000 - donated Aquarius Party Pack & Val Holla Party Pack, thanks!