Topic

Photoshop contest! (winners announced!)

Hi! I'd like to host a photoshop contest :)  If it goes well then I might have other phases (such as "silly" or "use your own snap") but for now, I'd like to see non-silly (more in this type of style) edits of this snap.  (Further details have been moved here.)

Entries and Winners!!
Multiple winners in a single category are ordered alphabetically.

Grandish prize:

Amelia-Fae
i.imgur.com/WZmEJ.jpg

I was immediately struck by how natural the scene looked as a whole. The style of the TARDIS drawing fits in really well with the visual style of the snap and the placement of it fit in well with the scenery. I also love the flowers on the tree - the color of them is nice as it brings in the yellow from the chicken, and the placement is nice because when looking from the unretouched image to this, it gives the eye something else new besides the Tardis and placed as it does it leads my eye through the image in a nice way. (Also, wow, can I say again how stunned I am that the TARDIS looks so *right* sitting there?) 

Congrats Amelia-Fae!!

Less grand prize:

Kookaburra
kookabura.smugmug.com/Carto...
I'd love to see something like this as a decoration for home streets!

PANsy
i1223.photobucket.com/album...
I love the pastel colors and how there's so much to look at without being overwhelming.

Siam
thaiwonders.com/documents/g...
A very moody feel, and what I like most about it is the sense of dimension from the birds coming in at different angles.

Wee prize:

DUG1138
i.imgur.com/8vf7x.jpg
I like that instead of a human just being plopped down into Glitch with no connection, he's holding a friend for the tree-chicken. Gives me neat thoughts about jumping into my computer.

Fly
twitpic.com/amovhi/full
So much neat stuff going on - I especially love the pig's expression, as if he's finally glad he's able to look down on us instead of up.

I Need Help !
imageshack.us/a/img696/9321...
I like the creativity of using the text bubbles, and I really like the choice of font and colors for the caption.

NightDraconis
i1197.photobucket.com/album...
So great to see an abstract interpretation, and I like the blend of colors.

Sheepy
dl.dropbox.com/u/5570547/gr...
I like that instead of just adding a rain effect, there's a "glowy" feel around the tree and a color change - really makes it a moody interpretation.

Weebonus prize:

Splendora
i.imgur.com/ytSkO.jpg
This one made me think in a good way! Because when I'm wandering around Glitch and appreciating the artwork, so much of that experience for me is colors, repeating patterns, and the like. This image strips that away and brings the image down to the basic shapes and I love that because it's still so very recognizable as "Glitchy" - I can look at that and see the shape elements and know immediately that it's the game I love. I'm not sure why this had such an impact on me, but I guess it's that it helped me look at the game a bit differently from how I'd ever looked at it before. Thanks Splendora!

Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Details:
    *Edit this snap.  You can crop, add text, add overlays, etc - just please make sure that if you use someone else's images/overlays/etc in the image, the provider of that content has said it's okay to use.  You may be disqualified if not.
    *Submit your edited picture by mailing me a link to your picture and then replying here to say you've submitted.  (I sometimes like creative contests where you do your own thing without influencing or being influenced by other entries, while posting a note here will help me keep track of the entries.)
    *You can upload your images to somewhere like tinypic but if you make the image public it'd be neat (I think) to put a watermark that says glitch.com on it, for glitch-promoting awesomes!
    *I'll judge the snaps based on my own personal preferences and standards of "pretty" and will do so when there are at least ten entries.
    *After the judging, I will share a list of links to the entries and include which were my top pics, so we can all share in the pretty.
    *I will send a prize to the top two or three winners.  Prizes will be arbitrary based on what I have in my inventory at the time or can find in my house.  However, it is likely that they might be one of these things: stacks of musicblocks or gems, wine of the dead, keepable upgrade cards.
  • (placeholder) (unused for now but may be used later if there are more categories)
  • (placeholder)
  • Wish I was better (or at least mildly proficient) at Photoshop.  Looking forward to seeing what's submitted!
    Posted 12 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • submitted
    Posted 12 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hm, with only one submission at this point, should I open it up to both "pretty" and "silly"?
  • nobody reads Announcements
    did I win all prizes:)?
  • I submitted something just now ... sorry Fly ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!
  • I wanna play! Whens the deadline?
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One more is on the way... just giving it some final touches. :)

Edit: finished, and sent just now. ^_^
    Posted 12 years ago by Siam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finished one and will be sending you a link as soon as I get in game.  This was fun :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Deadline is whenever I get enough entries to judge (at least 10) - there are currently 4 in my mailbox.
  • Still plenty of spaces left - even if you don't think your photo manip skills are awesome I'd love to see what you do with the image :)
  • I'll do this ;D
    Posted 12 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! :D
  • I've just sent you a link to an image. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 6 so far :)
  • Woot, just a few more!

Can't wait to see the other contributions. :)
  • Just read this. How much time is left to get something into the contest?
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whenever I get four more entries I'll judge.
  • Bumptastic!
  • More bump!
  • picmonkey.com ?
  • To help get to 10, would you consider allowing multiple entries?  (Though with the new forum structure maybe that won't be necessary.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If it's allowed, count me in for another one as well. :-)
  • I'll try a couple days with the new forum structure and if not I'll allow multiple entries.

Thanks for waiting, everyone!
  • I'm in.
    Posted 12 years ago by DUG1138 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Entered!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Two more to judge, I think?
  • The new layout seems to be effective, so far. :-)
  • So far I have entries from:

DUG1138
    Fly
    Kookaburra
    NightDraconis
    PANsy
    Siam
    Sheepy
    Splendora

That should be everyone so far, but if you sent me something and I overlooked your entry - sorry, and please send me a mail again.

Two more entries to go so submit now! :)
  • I will try  diaveborn ♥  , but work is taking up too much of my time lately. Hopefully I can make it into one of the last two entries by this weekend.
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll post here when I start judging, which will be at *at least* 10 entries - that means if there's already ten but I haven't caught up with the thread yet, go ahead and submit 'cause I won't mind having more than 10.  (I would wait but submitters have been waiting a while already, so whenever I do see at least 10 I will go ahead.)
  • Ah, diaveborn, you don't have to wait for me. Was just expressing my interest 'cos I love this idea. I will do this fair n square :) If I am lucky enough to get some time off I'll put something up. Good luck to everyone else!
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have absolutely no skill in this area, but I would love to see the entries after the winners are announced :D
    Posted 12 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hurry and speedy.....     ... and made with Paint.NET 3.5 (windows 7 come with this program).
    http://imageshack.us/a/img696/9321/glichtwonderboy.png
    I made a humour scene (but it would be nice if it was true)
    my avatar name is "I Need help !"  (without quotes, of course)
    http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PUVE5GECPK93FF5/
    I joined to glitch yesterday, sorry if I made mistakes (I forgot put the link to image the first time XD).
    Posted 12 years ago by I Need Help ! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do not like tinypic.com (it have ads a little annoying)
    but if your prefer I added a mirror in: http://i49.tinypic.com/2mm8d3m.png
    my avatar name is "I Need help !"  (without quotes, of course)
    http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PUVE5GECPK93FF5/
  • is this still open to do?
    Posted 12 years ago by Amelia-Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have emailed you a submission for the competition.
  • Entries are closed and I will be posting results soon!
  • The main post has now been updated with entries/winners!

The entries should all be attributed to the right person (if they're not let me know and I will be very sorry and will change it!) and everyone who participated should get something in their mailbox in the next day or two.

Thank you everyone! I had a lot of fun seeing the different interpretations everyone came up with.  If I do another one sometime in the future it should be much easier with the new forum set-up; thanks everyone for being patient to see the results.

:)
  • Yay! :)

Some awesome entries there - I especially like the butterfly tree!
    Pretty cool too that each entry got a comment, and that everyone is a winner, like in a feat.

Congrats to all, and thank you Diaveborn for this fun contest! ^_^
  • Thanks for you comment diaveborn.
  • Amelia that was brilliant well done! :) xx
    Posted 12 years ago by Pippette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awws great work everyone- many congratulations! I had a bit of a play but didn't think much of it..anyway- Life's Glitch Tapestry...  http://imgur.com/3QCDp
    Posted 12 years ago by Elfers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh My Freakin Giants the grandish Prize winner pic is so awesome!!!!!!! I love it so much that I now have it set as my desktop background!!  >_<
    Posted 12 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, that's awesome :D
    I also really like PANsy's :O
  • Congrats to all! I really liked seeing all the different submissions, great job everyone and fun contest diaveborn.
    Posted 12 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow!!! YAYAY thank you!!

I am honoured thank you so much!

xxxxxxx
  • Thank you so much Diaveborn for this fun contest!  And congrats to Amelia-Fae for a well deserved win.  It was hard not seeing the entries until the contest was over but well worth the wait.  Some very creative Glitchen here!

Thank you for the prize too!  Very generous of you to not only organize the contest but to award your own stuff as prizes!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yay! thank you:)
  • I loved looking at all the winners, big and less big and wee and everything.  Great work, everyone!
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink