Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
  • Me please! I'm level 39, I've had a few times I thought I'd get it but I wasn't close enough and perhaps need a little bit of help.

:)
    Posted 12 years ago by spotlightgirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww, I'd love it if you guys came and img bombed my street! Both for the badge and because it gives me a nice list to work with when I want to go wandering around other people's streets for a while. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by karibean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love the help with that badge! And if you let me know when you iMG bombing others, I'd be happy to help others get it too!
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Direct Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh and I'm level 41, by the way. Sorry I forgot to add that to my reply.
  • Be kind! Please?
    Posted 12 years ago by Von B Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you very much Civility Group!!
    Posted 12 years ago by spotlightgirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why, that's a mighty fine initiative! Add me to the list, please, and if the plot succeeds, I'll try to come up with a poem for you. Or some short narrative. Or java code. Or swordplay choreography. You never know what strikes my fancy at a given moment, but I'll try to be creative! ;)

Name: Asthner
    Level: the universal answer + 1

P.S. In case I come up with a poetic narrative generated via java code written in the sand by the point of my katana, please attend my funeral, as this would probably be too awesome to survive completing...
    Posted 12 years ago by Asthner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to get help with this badge.  I'm at level 46.  And now, I'm off to the street of the person currently on the list.  It'll be fun to check back in and help others :)
    Posted 12 years ago by LadyUtena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Level 43er here still waiting on the kindness of strangers badge. Pretty please? :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Level 38, and I would love the help!
    Posted 12 years ago by MikkiO Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Count me in! I'm level 44, and would be happy to help in return. I've got lots of barnacles in a murky setting, with some fireflies to light the way. What could be more fun to swarm? Thanks for organising this. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lolly Lives Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As a dedicated badge whore, I am not above begging for badges.

I'd also be happy to join the swarm and help others, since badges are for getting and therefore must be gotten.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biff Beefbat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Neat idea.  I'd love some help.  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by WaxandFeathers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh! I could use some help. :) The most I usually get is around 1100-1200.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm  a level 43 and would love some help. You guys are awesome :)!
    Posted 12 years ago by Alexabury Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooow, I'd love to join this group, to be iMG bombed, as well as participating with the bombing!
    Posted 12 years ago by Duck Bill Platty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm level 40!! please help!! i'm also willing to help with other people's streets - Civility is the one doing this?
    Posted 12 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love a Glitchy flashmob on my home street!

Level 56 and more than willing to return the favor.
    Posted 12 years ago by MoxieMolly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow a Glitchy BOMB on my street heaven on earth - oh please BOMB away  I need the img and would love the badge..................you are thoughtful thank you.  No hurry no doubt you have many requests. THANK YOU
    Posted 12 years ago by Caj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm level 44 and would love to be imagination-bombed! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Intrepia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Squeezing in at level 36! I will also happily help out. :D Just let me know day & time!
    Posted 12 years ago by Asperity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much to everyone who helped me get the badge! I logged on today to find 3210 iMG and I plan to stop by everyone who visited when I get a chance - so thanks again!
  • Woohoo, got the badge. 3450 iMG from all you kind folk. Thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by Von B Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, a special thanks to whichever kind souls a) got me a permit for my tower and b) donated all the animals. I had tons of fun naming them, and if any of you are fans of PG Wodehouse you might want to stop by again and be amused ;)
  • Huzzah, Von B!

This activity is one of my most fave in the Civility group. Nothing like seeing a crowd of your friends, meeting new people by accident (the chicken-butt-dial IM having been invented during one of these very forays), giving out Random Kindness and imagining the joy of the street-owner at the next game day!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Squee  I say to all of you....this is what makes Glitch the game it is...TS giving us social whimsy and glitches making it all come true.  :-)  Chicken-butt-dial...hee MoF.
  • I'd love the help, thanks! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Bellerophon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me, too, please! I'm at Level 41 and was totally unaware of this badge.
    I promise to do payback visits to everyone who helps, as well as the others in this thread.
    Yay - more places to visit on purpose :)

Edit: I have all 4 machines on my street. i don't think they count for iMG, but you're welcome to use them :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Patricia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it! 3450 img, no less! :]
    Now to think of something fun to give back to you guys... :]
    Posted 12 years ago by Asthner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't need no iMG! I'll be more than happy than to help iMG bomb someone. (So, what type of bomb are we using, instant-Mega-Gore, or indestructibe-Metal-Giant?)
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still a lowly 34 but want to help with any iMG bombing!
    Posted 12 years ago by Edith Anne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • level 52, I'd love to help with that badge Please, Thanks!:-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Of Pink Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh yes please, level 37 - great idea and happy to return the help anytime!
    Posted 12 years ago by Melfra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • emdot
    level 44

*love this* I would love to help, too. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what an amazing offer!!. thank you and would love to join you in the festivities. 

level 60.

btw, can you please do this when i am online and give me the house party badges too???
    Posted 12 years ago by attila the hun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is 3450 iMG the max amount someone can get? Or can it go higher?
    Posted 12 years ago by Hunab Ku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder if we should do separate house party sessions, where we can gather sufficient people and travel house to house? Not everyone harvests the street at one time, so takes a lot more organisation than the iMG bomb.
    Posted 12 years ago by Artistech Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just to add to the above, that's just my opinion of course, YMMV. I always seem to have ended up waiting around for that elusive 'last' person when people have tried to get the house party badge!

Also, Hunab Ku, I think it's related to level. It's impossible to get 2500 until you're level 36, and the 3 people who got 3450 are all level 43. I suspect we'll see the max when we bomb attila the hun :)
  • Level 39 - I don't need the badge but would LOVE to help - sounds adorably Glitchy x
    Posted 12 years ago by Slippy (Throb) Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very willing to help iMG bomb

How do I know who and which day?

I have this badge so don't need adding to the list but if you do something similar for the House Party badges than please count me in
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hunab Ku:
    What you receive is related to your level. The iMG you receive from visitors is capped at 5 times your Qurazy Quoin value (at 80% mood),  which is why a level 35 or below can't achieve it 

Full explanation here

http://mathemaglitch.blogspot.ca/p/street-imagination.html
  • Hello, I'm xLifex, I'm Level 39, and my fun fact is I changed my name to this because I like to give people lemons :3
    Posted 12 years ago by xLIFEx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awww, i just read the FAQ. I didn't realise one had to be EXACTLY level 36 :(
  • No, i'm still totally confused. Does it matter if one is /above/ 36?
  • @xLIFEx It's level 36 and above :)
  • xLIFEx wroteAwww, i just read the FAQ. I didn't realise one had to be EXACTLY level 36 :(

Not sure how you read that into it. You need to be level 36 or above. It's just not achievable until you reach level 36 because your QQ's are not big enough
  • Ahhh, the bit i misread was listing the 3 minimum levels for the 3 badges
  • Hey everyone, just so's you know I update the header post as names are added, glitches are bombed (hic, hooch!), and include the date/time of last edit EST (as I'm in Detroit).  I'm on mostly during the day EST, so we tend to do 2 bombing runs a day, 9a-1p and 1p-5p est. 
  • just a bit more till Lv 36 for me
    Posted 12 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lets us know when u are level 36, will add you to the list then.

We are bombing Lady Utena today:  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    if you want to help. :-)
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13