Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 Next
  • "Enough mining, whistling, harvesting, scooping was done on your home street to net you 2503 iMG *and* this badge. There you go! You really CAN depend on the kindness of strangers."

GOT THE BADGE PEOPLE!  2610 iMG. Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink
  • who's next? I'd like to help
  • That is great to hear, IZA_C and Ninetails! So glad we could help and we also really appreciate your willingness to help others. Thank you :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Taztaboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to be able to get the badge before the end. Could you add me to the list somewhere? Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi, I just hit level 36 today, and I'd love to get the Kindness of Strangers badge if possible (but if you get loads of requests (especially with how close we are to the end) and don't have time to get around to me, then I totally understand).
    Posted 11 years ago by angelikitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm level 37, and I'd love to get this badge. Butler's loaded with Cloudberry Daquiris; piggies and chickens are attached to sticks, and the tower has a Purple Meditation Chamber for when all the harvesting gets to be too much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eris Lord Freedom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So... it looks like there are 2 more people that need help: angelikitten and Eris Lord Freedom. Let's schedule the iMG bombing.
  • Me please~ I'm level 41 and would love to get the badge.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hydok Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just made it to level 36, finally, would love to get the badge.  Also willing to help with others if I am online.
    Posted 11 years ago by reggieness Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have added Theremina Lute, angelikitten, Hydok, Eris Lord Freedom, and reggieness to the list :D
    Sorry for the wait, but we'll get them all done tomorrow!
  • I got my badge! I don't know if it was thanks to you guys, or thanks to the ton of glitchen who turned up when I offered free emblems in global, but thanks either way :)
    Posted 11 years ago by angelikitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 15th of Bruise iMG bombs:

Theremina Lute - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Eris Lord Freedom - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Sorry for the wait :) Have fun and bombs away!
  • Thank you, folks! I got an amazing 2403 IMG which, even though short of the badge, is a fantastic boost :)
  • Hi, is it too late to get help with the badge? Just hit 36 today and would love some iMG bombing if possible. Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh no! I'm sorry Theremina! Don't worry we will re-bomb you and get it for sure this time :D And buddhakitty, we would love to help you!
  • 22nd of Bruise iMG bombs:

Dykeblues - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVPIF7DD9C3LM1/

iamafelix - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVEOSI9J1V2A7E/

Congrats both of you for hitting level 36! As always, have fun and bombs away!
  • 23rd of Bruise iMG bombs:

Hydok - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

reggieness - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Bombs away!
  • so, did anyone that we bombed got the badge?
  • 3210 iMG and the badge! Thank you everyone!
    Posted 11 years ago by Hydok Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got the badge! Thanks all, Glitch community comes through! This makes The End of the World less bitter.
    Posted 11 years ago by reggieness Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to get the badge before Ze End of Ze World. I'm level 36. If you can get to it, thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by gRegorLove Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 27th of Bruise iMG bombs:

Theremina Lute - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Izaya Orihara - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Good luck :D
  • Congrats Hydok and reggieness! Great to hear :D

gRegorLove, we would love to help you!
  • I'd like some help getting the badge if possible, and would be happy to help others who need it! Thanks, Glitchen!
    Posted 11 years ago by MG Lalael Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got it! Thank you SO much, everyone!
  • May I please get help with the badge?

thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jugni Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there any reason people have to be level 36 or above to get help? I'd really love to get the badge but I'll never make it to 36 in time.
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, this is so awesome of you guys! If there's any time for you to squish me in before we reach World's End, that would be great. (I'm level 37.) I'm totally gonna join in the iMG-bombing of fellow Glitchen, I really like this idea.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Asazi, I believe you can only get the badge if you're level 36. You can still get a boost in iMG but you won't be able to get the badge. Not sure about the technicalities. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ... and just like my tower is named "Better Late Than Never", here I am having just squeaked in level 36 - I'd love to be bombed :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Jixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, I've gone through the posts and have made a list of those needing bombed. I'm sorry I haven't been on much over the last couple days, but I've been sick, horrible timing, I know :(
    But I'm back and we'll do our best to get these badges done :D

@Asazi, you do have to be level 36 for the KoS badge, but I see that you don't have the one below it, Raking in the iMG, so we'll try for that one :D
  • 29th of Bruise iMG bombs:

Jixel - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

MG Lalael - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

I plan on doing two bombs per game day til the end if we have to :D Just enjoy, have fun, and savor these last few days, and of course bombs away!
  • I got my badge, thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by MG Lalael Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 40th of Bruise iMG bombs:

Jugni - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Vani - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Everybody is doing so great, thank you for all of your wonderful help :D
    Bombs away!
  • Hello, it's the latest in under the wire Glitchen here, well I hope at least. Hit lvl 36 on Vani's street up there, and have spruced up the outside for anyone who cares to visit. If you kill the wood trees by accident I won't cry, I'm leaving out some fertilizer to help with that.

Thank you all!
    Posted 11 years ago by Gak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all tons! Kinda hilariously, I ended up 3 iMG away from the badge, but I got the one before it, which I hadn't been able to reach before - and honestly I feel like I got the badge in spirit. The kindness of strangers indeed :D. (Yayyy, you guys helped my finish my baby tower! Thank you!!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Vani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finally got to 36!
    Posted 11 years ago by magnadoodle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone, you're all awesome ! Got Raking and Kindness when I woke up today :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Jixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • JUST reached level 36! Would really like some help to get the badge!
    Thank you in advance for helping <3 <3 <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Maria Diatorre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just hit level 37, and even though this is cutting it close, I would love some help if you're willing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Elyiethe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know it's really close, but I don't have the badge yet. If there's still some time and you're not out drinking at the end of the world, please hit up my street. Thanks, and I understand if you can't.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eustacia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've gone through the post again and here is the list I have, so that if I'm not on, everyone can still know who to bomb :) 

magnadoodle
    Mamma MJ
    buddhakitty
    Gak
    Elyiethe
    Eustacia
    Vani (re-bomb, 3iMG short!)
    Maria Diatorre
    Asazi (Raking in the iMG badge)
    wickedsharp

thanks everyone :D Have fun! 
  • I *just* hit lvl 36. If anyone has the time/inclination to visit my street, I'd love to get this badge. If not, I totally understand :D
    Posted 11 years ago by wickedsharp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 45th of Bruise iMG bombs

Mamma MJ - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVOS1F5O3V2S8C/

magnadoodle - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Bombs away!!!
  • wicked, I added you to the list :D We will do our best to complete this list!
  • 46th of Bruise iMG bombs:

buddhakitty - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Gak - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

magnadoodle - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Mamma MJ - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

edit* I'm adding magnadoodle and Mamma MJ onto today's list because they unfortunately didn't get it last game day :(

Everyone is doing a wonderful job :D Thank you and bombs away!
  • 2610 achieved, badge earned! Thank you so much!

EEEEEEEE I'm going to miss so many of you nice people, I only hope whatever they do next will allow people to be as social!
    Posted 11 years ago by Gak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!! Glad we could help :D

47th of Bruis iMG bombs:

Elyiethe - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Eustacia - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Vani - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Vani is a re-bomb because they were only missing 3 iMG to get the badge :( Hopefully we can get it this time!

Bombs away!
  • 2610 iMG! I got it! Thanks so much to everyone who came by for the iMG bombing. It was the last achievement I was going for before the closing.
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Truly, this is the last call for this...any takers before we're de-imagined?
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I apologize to those we didn't bomb before the end :(  I truly wish we could have gotten everyone the badge. I hope that everyone has a great life and finds new and wonderful places to congregate. The iMG bombing has been a great honor to help with and I have met so many fabulous glitchen in the process of it. I am grateful for every opportunity that Glitch and Civility has given me. It has helped me be a better person in game and out. Thank you everyone :D
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 Next