Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
  • 2850 :D Thank you so much everyone
    Posted 11 years ago by Zenitha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's awesome, Zenitha :D Congrats on the badge!

max, you're on the list :)

And on that note, we have no one else on the list to bomb :( Have we really bombed so many that most of the glitchens who can have the KoS badge have it? No way, there has to be more. So, spread the word and if you or someone you know are at least level 36 and still need the badge, let us know! We love to visit new homestreets and meet new friends :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Taztaboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 38th of Fever iMG bomb:

max_champlin - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHV98U18J1V23E6/

*by they way max is my husband and when I told him we had no one left to bomb, he figured he'd ask for help for it too :)
  • Please can I go on the list? Pretty please?! I need your lovely help because I am a Billy-no-mates :)
    Posted 11 years ago by eviljen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! We would love to help you, eviljen :) You are added, so we'll see you soon!
  • :) Thank you!
  • What a nice idea! I'm level 36, if you guys could visit my street, that would be great! :) 
    Posted 11 years ago by Chelyria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm level 41, and would love to be added to the list!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mysterious Hermit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm happy to add both of you to the list, Chelyria and Mysterious Hermit! 
  • I got the first badge!
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome Misty! Congrats :)
  • 2766 iMG - yay! \o/

Thanks, everyone!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mysterious Hermit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I could use some help. I'm trying to get more stuff on my lane to attract more people. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by BerylCrest Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BerylCrest, we can't help you with the Kindness of Strangers badge yet because you need to be at least level 36 to get it. But you are welcome to help out if you like and as soon as you reach level 36 let us know! We will be more than happy to bomb you :D

Mysterious Hermit, that is really great to hear! We can't take credit however lol. It looks like you got the badge before we could even bomb you :D
  • Bumpety Bump Bump lol
  • Well dang! Thanks for the info! And of course I'll help out, I'll keep my eye on this thread! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by BerylCrest Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh what a lovely group, thank you for the offer  - please could I be img bombed one day :)

Thanking you muchly 
    Posted 11 years ago by Drysfa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • today 49th of Fever we're visiting

eviljen - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Chelyria - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you FE for posting the links :) 

Drysfa, I've added you to the list and we'll see you  very soon :D
  • 50th of Fever iMG bomb:

Only one today, but still a lot of fun :D

Drysfa - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Bombs away!
  • Got it! Thanks very much to all who came! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Chelyria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My name is Gruff McGruff level 51. I am not really gruff and would love the badge. I almost had it this week during a feat.....just that close it left me wishing. Thanks for the offer!

Gruff
    Posted 11 years ago by Gruff McGruff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great to hear, Chelyria! We're glad to be able to help :D

Gruff, good to know you're not really gruff lol. We'll be happy to add you to the list and get you that elusive badge!
  • Thank you to everyone who came - I didn't quite get the badge but thanks for all the presents x x x
  • 2850 IMG! Thanks so much to everyone in Civility for the help - I'd never have been able to do this without you :)
  • Oh No!! I'm sorry Drysfa :( Don't worry, we'll try again. I think the new region distracted everyone.

Awesome eviljen! You are quite welcome :) We always have fun with the bombing.
  • Miki Takahashi - I am level 37 and would love the help to get this achivement
    Posted 11 years ago by Miki Takahashi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello Miki! You are added to the list :)
  • Good morning (or evening lol) everyone! Posting this an hour early just in case I'm not home in time. 
    55th of Fever iMG bombs:

*Unfortunately, Drysfa did not get the badge on the first try, so we're trying again :( But I know that this time will be successful for sure :)

Drysfa - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Gruff McGruff - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Have fun!
  • Amazing people - you all are - I got it this time - thank you all very much :) 
  • Thank u Taz!
  • I came home today to find my place had been hit with the kindness of strangers. Thanks to all of you I have the badge!  Hugs All!

Gruff
  • Woohoo! That is great to hear Drysfa and Gruff :D So glad you two got the badge.
  • Finally made level 36!  I am so ready! 

And I've done my best to make the most engaging street possible.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bleppo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Today 61st of Fever we're visiting Bleppo:  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    and Moz art : www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Come be kind and strange with us!
  • Wow!  I can't believe that your turnaround time is to 12 hours!  Yes, I have the badge and you all are amazing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Bleppo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got the badge! Thanks so much Civvies! You're the best :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Moz Art Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congrats to both of you!  As of Fever 63 we are caught up.  Please, if you know anyone level 36 and above who doesn't have KoS, please send them our way!
  • Hello everyone :)
    I'd like to say I'm sorry that I haven't been on  much the last few days. FE has been awesome and has been posting for me even though I had taken responsibility for it. I've been having a lot of issues at home am trying hard to work through them. 
    That said, I am posting the next game day's iMG bomb a little early so that I know that it won't be skipped on accident.. There is no one else on the list at last check so there is only one to do :)
    67th of Fever iMG bomb:

Miki Takahashi - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVMB16LT3A32PT/?visited=1

Thanks everyone for doing such an amazing job at helping our fellow glitchens earn this badge and in turn making new friends every day :D
  • Bump :D
  • Doh, we're on it Taz!
  • 69th of Fever

Smashley:  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • Heyyy! Thanks so much for pitching in for my badge! High fives all around!!!! And super duper thanks for making my smashmasing towerrrrr!!! I named it Little Shop of Hoarders! Even if that's been done already, it's super awesome and so are you guys!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Smashley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome, Smashley! Love the tower name lol :D 
  • Our list is empty again! What are we to do? If you or a friend are at least level 36 and still need the Kindness of Strangers badge, let us know :D We'd be happy to help!
  • ive just woken up to find that you guys are awesome and that i have gotten the achievement so thank you so much :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Miki Takahashi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Glad to hear, Miki :D 
  • 2nd of Junuary iMG bomb:

Today Wendy - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVFCAMKEKV2RQU/?visited=1

We decided to go through our group list for those missing the badge lol. So here we go!
    Bombs away :D
  • 7th of Junuary iMG bombs:

Yay! Two new Civility members without the badge :)

Slippy (Throb) - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVCE5L8J1V2DV9/?visited=1

Miloo - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVKJHJU0C835UC/?visited=1

Have fun!
  • Posted these this morning but wasn't able to log on to let people know, so I'm re-posting just in case :)
    Slippy (Throb) - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVCE5L8J1V2DV9/?visited=1

Miloo - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVKJHJU0C835UC/?visited=1
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13