Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13
  • Oh. My Giants!!! I just got 3,565 iMG and the "Kindness of Strangers" badge!!  I am gobsmacked by the awesomeness of all you people. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • PS - Do I WANT to know what you did on my street to garner that much iMG?
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is absolutely great to hear, kastlin! So glad we could help. And in response to your PS; we will never bomb and tell Lmao :P 

Mog, we would love to come visit and help you get the badge :D See you soon!

PEKES, you are sooo close to  being able to get the badge. You must be level 36 to be able to achieve the minimum required iMG for the badge. Let us know as soon as you hit level 36 and we'll be more than happy to bomb you :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Taztaboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!!! Nice to know people still got the badge whilst we were grieving. iMG bombing is the best! :) FE's comment that Civility will continue to iMG bomb people totally made my day and helped me accept that we must continue to be Glitchy and be Civility even when the game is ending!
    Posted 11 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Posting a bit early :)
    4th of Widdershins iMG bomb:

The Mog - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Thanks everyone, this program wouldn't be possible without all you wonderful people :D
    Bombs away!
  • Glitch may be ending, but we're still gonna do what we can to help others get their Kindness of Strangers badge. So if you or someone you know is at least a level 36, then let us know!
    We'll be more than happy to come by and bomb you :D
  • Thanks to ricepapergirl and talaria wingfoot for visiting me, unfortunately it wasn't enough to get me the badge.  Thanks for trying though and thanks if you helped with my tower. :) <3
    Posted 11 years ago by The Mog Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Today's iMG bomb...for the win...The Mog!  second time's the charm :-)

10th of Widdershins
    www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Today's 11th of Widdershin's iMG bomb is

Everybody:  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • Thank you everyone who bombed me for the 2nd time. :)  I got the badge.  Whee!
    Posted 11 years ago by The Mog Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i got the badge!
    Posted 11 years ago by woman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • woohoo! That's great to hear Mog and woman :D
  • 22nd of Widdershins iMG bomb: We'll get the badge this time :D

Everybody - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHV6EH4N03V27H4/

Posting this a bit early so it will be here at new day :)
  • I need the badge! I'm level 36!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hee, this could be a new record...Kurtie got level 36 at 8:29p EST...the iMG bomb is on!!!!

25th of Widdershins

• Bump :)
  • I finally reach lvl 36 and would love to have my humble abode smothered in kindness.  I am excited to think I might get that badge. :)   Maybe after the feat, everyone seems a bit busy playing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Amp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • congrats Amp! and we'd love to bomb you :D 
  • *sigh* I was about the right level before the switch from xp to img, but then it all got reset and I took a six week vacation and since then i've been busy with homework. Guess I should have procrastinated more :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Emblemofrook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 41st of Widdershins iMG bomb:

Amp - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVOOOJHQK93OJM/

Have fun!
  • Hi! I just turned level 36 last night! I'd love to get the badge if possible. (After you guys img bomb the lovely Amp). <3
    Posted 11 years ago by tofuchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 42nd of Widdershins iMG bomb:

Amp - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVOOOJHQK93OJM/

Doing it again just in case. Not sure if enough people were able to do it :)

Bombs away!
  • Badge received -- thank you kind ma'amsirs!  This included, but were not limited to, said my kindly butler:  VoodooRhythmGuy, Reserved One, girlhacker, Faolan, Icesphere, strawberry fields, tofuchan, Lemon_Tree, adrex, BizzyDitch, Smoreso, Gwaihiril, chaz mania, Nezzie, Cotterpin, Sellybeth, Ishtar, Zinthane, grahamcoxon and Elkian. I think there were more, but that's all I can remember.

YAY!  Going to miss all of you so very much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Amp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's awesome Amp! 

Anyone else need help getting KoS before the EotW, just let us know!
  • 6th of Eleventy iMG bomb:

tofuchan - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHV3NS0MHV9317Q/

As always, have fun and bombs away!
  • Thank you all the lovely glitchen who bombed my street yesterday: awesome sauce01, Mishina, xTinkyx, SellySalad, TorChula, Alala, Rutger, Planarian, MystrCoffee, Sharmy Knope, mimi maoam, Sewer, scroobienoob, Ambien Vixen, Fawnie, Chuck D, Erudo, Zinthane, WynterzPhyre and Zussanna (and possibly more but the butler has limited memory space).

I love you all! <3
    Posted 11 years ago by tofuchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great to hear, tofuchan! Glad we were able to help get the badge :D
  • Don't forget that even though Glitch is closing, we are still here for a bit longer. So if you're at least level 36 and would like to get the Kindness of Strangers badge, let us know!
  • Help, help, help!! I would very much like the Kindness of Strangers badge! I'm Pointy Sticks, and I'm level 55... please come visit me? 
    Posted 11 years ago by Pointy Sticks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need help please! <3 
    Posted 11 years ago by NutMeg Botwin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! We'd love to help Pointy and Nutmeg :D We'll see you both soon!
  • iMG bomb recipients for the 5th of Primuary:

Pointy Stick

Nutmeg Botwin
  • Got it! Thank you guys!! :-D
    Posted 11 years ago by Pointy Sticks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whoot! Great to hear Pointy :D
  • Well since no one is requesting, we have decided to open up the program a bit to include the Raking in the iMG badge also :) So for today, 13th of Primuary we are bombing:

Lanaloo - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVMTBQM7GC37EP/

Bombs away!
  • Bah, just missed my chance to help out by a few minutes or so while I was poking around at the earlier pages of the thread, but I'm visiting regardless. Anyway, I've just reached level 24 and I think I'm qualified for Raking in the iMG? (I haven't managed to get 503 in a day yet either, but I went and picked up a QQ and it was 270, my mood was over 80 but under 90.) My street is fairly useful -- it's about half trees (one of each type, I'm a devotee of Spriggan, yo) and half Dullite with plenty of animals and a full set of machines -- and I might manage to put some goodies up for cheap in my tower if I have a little warning.
    Posted 11 years ago by akatonbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • akatonbo, we'd be happy to bomb you :D I'm not sure if you qualify for the 2nd badge, but at the very least, we can definitely get you the 1st!
  • 14th of Primuary iMG bomb:

akatonbo - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVH21T8SCC3GF7/

We'd like to try for the Raking in the iMG if possible, so bombs away!
  • YAY! I had 14 visitors and 1350 iMG, so I snagged both badges. I'll be stopping by everyone's streets before bed, thank you all!
    Posted 11 years ago by akatonbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woohoo! That's great akatonbo :D
  • Posting a half hour early :)
    23rd of Primuary iMG bombs:

Goodbye Glitch - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Dzeintra - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Both don't qualify for the KoS badge, but still need Raking in the iMG badge :D
    Have fun and bombs away!
  • Yay!! Civility's own Lanaloo has hit level 36 and is today's iMG bomb :D

Lanaloo - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVMTBQM7GC37EP/

Have fun and bombs away!
  • I just made level 36. Would you help with the badge please?
    Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would love to help, IZA_C :) We'll see you soon!
  • I'm level 38. I'd love the badge help, if possible!
    Posted 11 years ago by Izaya Orihara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm level 36 and would love to get the badge before Glitch closes! Many thanks, and I'm happy to help return the favor!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ninetails Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Izaya and Ninetails, I've added you both to the list :) 
  • 1st of Bruise iMG bombs:

IZA_C - http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHV7TMRL96V2C5U/

Ninetails - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Both are KoS bombings :D Have fun!
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will follow along with the list for the remaining days and add my visits to other people's streets.

You guys are the bestest! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Ninetails Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13