Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13
  • we're working on little miss giggles this game day.

Gizgaz, you're level 34, so let us know when you're level 36 and we'll be happy to help.  same for you rainbow, you're level 24.
  • Hi!  I'd love a visit from your group. I am level 44.  I would also love to join your group.  
    I try to help any glitch I can (especially the noobs). I just helped a noobish glitch complete her Last Egg quest and I made a new friend!  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Misty Dawn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi guys! I need help with that badge. I am at level 48. Thanks a lot!
    Posted 12 years ago by hatis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lvl 43 and I would love the help, thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by lazulisong Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm. Another visit goes by and still no effect. But then, my butler does not show that many visits. So, just thinking....
    there is another attila the hun at level 25............
    Posted 12 years ago by attila the hun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all so much! I got it with 4,170 iMG! That's incredible!

I think I'm going to have to do a lot of return visiting over the next few evenings as I have time. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ermagherd!

Me, I'm on level 37 and would love the kindness of stergers berdge!

:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Merry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love the help! Also to help if you need it
    Posted 12 years ago by Vastra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The next street belongs to Duck Bill Platty, not Duck Bill Patty
    Posted 12 years ago by Dead Sk8r Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been bombing streets in groups of 3. I've noticed a few contain mostly respawnable resources. If multiple Glitch arrive at the same time immediately after a street has been harvested, there won't be anything to interract with for a few minutes. At best, that wastes time. At worst, some impatient Glitches leave, perhaps meaning to return later, perhaps not.

Proposed Solution:
    Glitchs on the todo list could help by temporarily replacing their respawnable resources with non-respawnable resources, such as trees, bogs, and dirt piles. That would allow every Glitch to interract as soon as they arrive, without having to wait for resources to respawn.
  • Thanks for catching the typo Sk8r Dave.  If a street doesn't have lots on it, we bring in lots of animals, especially butterflies so no need for people to re-vamp their streets.
  • Hmm...since Singing to Butterflies offers the greatest (potentially) amt of iMG harvested, is it worth investigating if it also has the greatest return towards the badge as well? I usually get +607 iMG, and the occasional +1207 iMG! May be either level 60 related, or 10K energy tank related.
  • Ah yes please, level 40 here :)  It'd be a great way to celebrate hitting level 40. <3  As for whimsical, I'm currently making myself a pirate queen coat.  Because I want it.
    Posted 12 years ago by knitmeapony Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooo this is cool! I'd love to be added to the list. And I'll do my best to try to remember to check in on this thread & come help out with the others. Sounds fun :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sk8r Dave wrote: Hmm...since Singing to Butterflies offers the greatest (potentially) amt of iMG harvested, is it worth investigating if it also has the greatest return towards the badge as well?

No. Singing to a butterfly earns the street owner nothing.
    http://mathemaglitch.blogspot.ca/p/street-imagination.html .
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • IrenicRhonda, thanks for the info here; http://mathemaglitch.blogspot.ca/p/street-imagination.html. Singing does not count towards the badge.

Butterfly Massaging or Milking 4 Chicken Squeezing 4 Piggy Nibbling or Petting 4
    This is relevant for FlatEarther and fellow bombers, as he stated "...If a street doesn't have lots on it, we bring in lots of animals, especially butterflies so no need for people to re-vamp their streets.".  So, bringing butterflies to respawn-laden streets has no extra benefit. Same as Chickens or Piggies.
  • Thank you so much for everyone's help!!! I got it today with 3450 :).
    Posted 12 years ago by Alexabury Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to be added :) I'll be visiting the names on the list, and hope others do the same when it's my turn! I'm currently Level 51, and enjoy splanking random AFKers.
    Posted 12 years ago by Catatafish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sk8r Dave: So, bringing butterflies to respawn-laden streets has no extra benefit. Same as Chickens or Piggies.

Sure it does... many of the bombers have the ability to squeeze chickens multiple times.  I think I alone can squeeze 5 times and I'm not among the highest level folks that do the bombing.  So for each chicken on someone's street, that's 20 img. 

I can pet and nibble each piggy twice, so that's another 16 img per piggy.

I can massage and milk each butterfly twice, so that's another 16 for each butterfly on the street.

So let's say there are 20 pigs on the street.  That's 320 img per person that hits the street if they do everything they can do.  Even more if there are chickens... and of course if there are more than 20 animals.  Doesn't take many of us to hit 2503 img at that rate... especially when you figure there are also trees and mining and jellisacs and barnacles and everything else you can think of.

Just because the singing doesn't count, doesn't mean nothing counts.

(edited for accurate chicken squeezing abilities) 
    Posted 12 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Took Caj off the list, not yet level 36.
  • Hi I'm Lexus (level 37) and my talkative bubble trees would love to be attack-hugged-blitzed.  They pretend they don't like it but they're just playing hard to get.  Thank you and I'm happy to return the favour if I can be of help :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Lexus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Magic Rock:  My observations today have resulted in 5130 iMG.

Yippee!!  Thanks so much!!
    Posted 12 years ago by MoxieMolly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • spacekadt, I did not say Butterflies don't count, I said they're not special, they're same as Chickens and Pigs. I disagreed with FlatEarther's observation "... especially butterflies...". They're not special, so no need to represent them as such. It's misleading, that's all.

Anywho, I have been singing to 'em all on the Bombing streets anyway, 'cause 5 to 10K extra iMG per street is good for *me*, not the *Bombee* :)
  • Moxie, outstanding!  That's a great total!  1 more hour for Intrepia, then hiatus until tomorrow.
  • I now admit my butterfly statement could be misinterpreted. I was not clear, sorry. I meant they were no better than other animals, implying they are worth as much as other animals, no more, no less. I did paste a snippet from a table showing how much they were all worth, but the table formatting was stripped out, and it posted as "Butterfly Massaging or Milking 4 Chicken Squeezing 4 Piggy Nibbling or Petting 4". I now feel I should blame Tiny Speck, since the table snippet formatting was visible when I composed my reply, but not after.
  • Gotchya - that makes more sense :)

But yeah, I'm with you on the butterflies not being any  more special than any of the others.  Personally, I prefer chickens around a chicken stick and/or free range piggies.  Chasing down the butterflies (especially when they aren't named) is crazy.  At least the others are easy enough to spam enter and tell at a glance with a mouseover if there's another action or two left for that animal.
    Posted 12 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it with 3690 img! Thanks so much, Civility!

I shall endeavor to pay it forward by helping with some of the upcoming img bombs. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Intrepia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The community spirit of Glitch is wonderful!  I will gladly help img bomb others, and please add me to the list to receive a bombing of my own.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gaalen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a cap on iMG from bombing? Looks like MoxieMollie is in the lead thus far, with 5130. Who'll be the first to get 10K? :)
  • When we get to our first level 60 glitch who needs it we'll find out. :-)
  • Miss Lilith level 50
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Lilith Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG! There is sooooooo much stuff on Princess of Pink's Home Street! Took me almost 20 minutes to harvest everything!

BTW, I'm a 60, hopefully there's another higher on the list than me. I'm impatient to know :)
  • Yes the amount you earn from visitors is capped at 5X your QQ value, plus you will still get your daily stipend. The cap uses your base QQ value, that is at 80% mood, not full mood. It is because of this cap that level 35s and below cannot earn the badge

Again, full explanation b y Humbabella here

http://mathemaglitch.blogspot.ca/p/street-imagination.html
  • a note on butterflies... Civility is not implying that butterflies will earn any more iMG for anyone but that they are a signature animal of the Civility Group. They bring a single instant of happy by their appearance and they are often left behind as a present to streetowners (who may wish to keep them or set them free at their whim).

Playing Glitch is much more than a grind of badges and actions for so very many players. The Civ Group aims to make it friendly and make it fun. That is it in a nutshell.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just an add on to what MoF said....let's please keep this thread to who needs it, who we're working on, who has put their hand up to ask for it, and celebrations of success and take the "nuts and bolts" discussions to another thread.  Thanks!
  • IrenicRhonda, does that mean 6588 is the limit (for a level 60)?

Mistress*of*Fishies, butterflies are the prettiest animal, and the most fun to watch, but of all the animals, they're also the most challenging to interact with. Since this thread is about getting a badge, I think aesthetics are superfluous to that end. That being said, I hold no grudge against butterflies :)
  • Flat, OK. Sorry :(
  • Removed

Apparently answering questions (and asking them) is not appreciated
  • Bomb?  Like having a "kindness to strangers badge" is the Bomb! LOL!
    Joy : )  Im level 51
    Posted 12 years ago by Joy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi to all my friends in Civility!
    Posted 12 years ago by Joy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow CIVILITY  how  refreshing !   I would be proud to be part of your elite group. Always room to help others and I do try even with no thank yous, still more of a giver than a taker.  Please include me in this illustrious group. TY
    Posted 12 years ago by Caj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, great idea! I need the badge too, so I'd be happy to be added on the list! ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Drykern Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3570! Thanks, you guys! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Bellerophon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, my goodness! I'm next!
    Please make sure to get a gift from my butler.
    If you see that I'm "In the World", please IM me if he runs out of......what he has.
    Posted 12 years ago by Patricia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just got to 36 and would love to be mobbed!  PS I do have gifts :-)
    Posted 12 years ago by MsAvatar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I enjoy helping in this 'bomb'.

As a request: could you also specify the time in the GLITCH DAY as said on calendar.
    This would help me a lot.

Thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Hunab Ku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • got it - ty all :) after my pc crashed and i have had to buy new one - so sorry for this late reply :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Lechat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 2730 img! Thank you thank you everyone! ❤❤❤❤❤
    Posted 12 years ago by Asperity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3330 iMG! Thank you to all!

I had to close my session off and lost most of my butler's list.
    I have FlatEarther, Hedlin, Tat2, Glondor, Lynkl-Hyliadz, Firedaemon, Heliodor, Charlie the Awesome (excuse me if the spelling is off- my scratchy notes)
    Please, if I don't have your name - IM me in game. I want to visit everyone who helped.
    Posted 12 years ago by Patricia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me please, I am always so close but not close enough :) I like what you do and maybe I can help with the other streets too. You and Civility are awesome! (oh and level 46)
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13