Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
  • Could I be added please? Also, very happy to help out too! (level 41)
    Posted 12 years ago by Idalia Dahlia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bombing Melfra this game day 9/27 9a-1p est (12th of widdershins)
  • Yay - got the badge with 2730 - thanks to everyone who visited!! You are the best community ever! Hugs
    Posted 12 years ago by Melfra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My dearest Civility group. How do I love thee? Let me count the 6024 iMG ways. :) I'm not sure if all of that was done on the day you designated, or if some of it started earlier on the previous day... but if I add up the two, that is what I got. And it was a lot. And you totally made my little Glitchen heart beat beat beat. Thank you! (Last game day = 2454; this game day = 3570; I've never gotten 2454 before which is why I think I got some kind of Civility Group early visits). 

You guys are awesome. And so civil. Three cheers!
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow, that's so cool!  Congrats Emdot!  This has been such a fun process!
  • Ooh nice group, i just turned lvl 36 and would love the badge. Please count me in :)
    Ill check out wich house you guys gonna bombard after i get back from work and help some to !
    Posted 12 years ago by Mokta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Current img bomb locations:

Lei Lei - 1-5p est 9/28
    Persephone Pear 1-5p est 9/28
  • Just hit 36, and would love the help with this as well!
    This is such a great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Door Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lei Lei is still at level 35, so although she's scheduled for iMG bombing this gameday she won't get the badge no matter how much we do on her street.

Lei Lei, let us know when you reach level 36?
    Posted 12 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it with 2970!

You guys are so lovely, thank you so much!

ETA: I was about to do return visits for all of you, but I accidentally closed my butler's IM.  I'll say thank you instead by keeping my eyes posted here to kindness bomb others.  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm at Level 39 and would love the help. I'm getting a few visitors but I don't think they're doing very much on my street.

This is great idea, I'm going to join the Civility group and help out!

Thank you so much!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by KatyaR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just got the badge after you guys came by, with 3330 img!

Thanks a lot to everyone, I really appreciate it!
    Posted 12 years ago by SarcasMage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aaaaah! I am so tickled, TY TY TY all!

Got it with 4890iMG. =D
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to be added.  I'm a level 40 and came VERY close to getting this badge, alas it still eludes me.  
    Posted 12 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am Skarlet and my level is (FINALLY) level 38...got it today!! I would love to have y'all come and visit my street so I can get the badge...I get a few visitors but just a couple at a time so I would appreciate this very much and would love to go with y'all on the img visits. I will watch the thread and see if I can catch the day/time that this will be happening and tag along ;)
    Thanks for doing this!! It is quite Glitchy of y'all!
    Posted 12 years ago by Skarlet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 'ello lovelies. The name is Lelaine, and I happen to be level 37. I would rather appreciate some img bombing on my street. 
    My favorite flavor of tea is white rose.
    I like bubbles, slinkies, tea, and poetry. Also, you. Yes, you. Hi, I like you. ^_^
    Posted 11 years ago by Rain ≈♥≈ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi all, I would love your help with getting this badge (level 38).  Please add me to your list.  I would be willing to help out 'in game', anyway I can too.
    Thank you.
    :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Ac0rn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, I'd love to get this badge, and also I would love to visit some of these other people's streets and help them get the badge as well!!

My current level is 41.
    Thanks for this fun thing!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chicalet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good Morning Glitches, was afk from game most of weekend so apologies this didn't move along.  We'll pick things back up at the 9a-1p est slot today with

Ferozstein
    LinkHyliadz
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now img bombing A-Hill and Zai during the 1p-5p est slot 10/1
  • GOT IT :D thanks ALL!!!! 3450 :D
    Posted 11 years ago by LinkHyliadz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woot, congrats Link!
  • It's Zoi, not Zai :-)

And thank you in advance! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3570! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Miau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just turned 36! (yay finally!)
    Please help me with this badge, and include me in helping others get their badges too!
    Thanks much <3

FYI: The bombing everyone did on Sept 28 did help me to get the Raking in the iMG badge! So Thank you everyone! I love you!
    Posted 11 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it!   Thanks FlatEarther and the Civility Group!
    Posted 11 years ago by A-Hill Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3930! You guys rock, thank you so much! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For me, level 36 is right around the corner. I've almost got the level needed! Either way, I'm interested in the help. I can post back in here once I've leveled up. I just wanted to put my name out there now! Thank you for being so helpful and kind!
    Posted 11 years ago by MaeBerry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • we're bombing TimeLord and Glondor Glitch this game day 42nd of Widdershins
  • we're bombing Sk8r Dave and babi this game day 43rd of Widdershins
  • I'm at level 42 and have come close a few times to getting this badge but, alas, it still eludes me.
    A little help would be truly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Posted 11 years ago by Averill Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me, please! (level 37).  I'm in the Civility group and would be more than happy to help others, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tradescantia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My rock says 5490 iMG, but the Achievement hasn't shown up yet. Does it lag too?
    Posted 11 years ago by Dead Sk8r Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK, took about 3 minutes to show up, but I got it :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Dead Sk8r Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I (level 40) would appreciate it, and will enjoy discovering new people/streets to roam when visiting in return!
    Posted 11 years ago by Gloopy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hi, i'm a level 40, and i would like to be img bombed, please :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zeezah Leelou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Boaz Jachin - img bomb 1st of eleventy
    Charlie the Awesome - img bomb first of eleventy
  • Evadrepus Terramere - img bomb 2nd of eleventy
    Dru Id - img bomb 2nd of eleventy
  • Hello, I'm level 49 and i'd love to be IMG bombed :) My garden has an army of gnomes waiting to welcome you, some pretty trees and some magic sparkly
    Posted 11 years ago by Miyoko Magic in SL Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kat65 - img bombing this game day 3rd of eleventy
    Porcelain - img bombing thie game day 3rd of eleventy
  • hiya! i'm a 40. i have trees, barnacles and jellisacs. bomb me, please!!
    Posted 11 years ago by drimble wedge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • img bombing _lhyzz_ and fuzzbuzz this game day the 7th of eleventy
  • Wow!  When you all bomb, you REALLY bomb!  I got 3852iMG from your trip.  Thank you SO much.  I got my badge!!!  :-)  Sending out big squeezy (((HUGS)))
    Posted 11 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks a lots really I hadnt too much time to stay on line lately (RL suscks a lot)  but today I had the best suprise ever :) I got the 3690 img from your visit
    thank you all so much
    hugs 
    Posted 11 years ago by babi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lorgle and jarkwoman are img bombing recipients today the 8th of eleventy
  • Oooh, I'd really like to sign up for this!  Level 39 at the moment, but will be 40 soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by emilisha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Got the badge - many, many thanks to all glitchen who helped score 4410 iMG! And a great way to visit home streets I wouldn't have seen otherwise during taking part in other img bombings! Thanks FlatEarther for organising all this so efficiently, much appreciated!
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got mine with 4050img. Thanks everyone!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Charlie the Awesome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3210img, I got it guys and thank you SO MUCH! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • holy moly, thanks!  4050 - got it!  excellent end to a long day.
    Posted 11 years ago by lorgle Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13