Topic

If you have joined Glitch since early August please read this for upcoming Zilloween celebration

Hi new-ish Glitches.  A seasonal event is about to start, called Zilloween.  It runs 25th through the 37th of the month of Remember, which coincides with September 22 1p EST.

What's Zilloween?  It's candy and pumpkin time!  You can perform actions, grow certain crops, and make certain items for a short window of real life time.

Here's a link to the Glitch Strategy Guide for details:  www.glitch-strategy.com/wik...

The most common Ur location for finding Glitches to give candy to is Cebarkul, located in Uralia.  Here's the link:  www.glitch.com/locations/LI...

As a matter of etiquette, many Glitches go to Cebarkul to die and then be mourned.  Please do not bestow Random Kindness on this street.

One thing for new-ish glitches to consider is keeping a spreadsheet of the players you give your candy to.  The badges for candy giving don't care if you give 1 or 100 to a single player.  What counts is the # of unique players you give candy to.  (edit to add this paragrpah)

Apologies to old timers who know all about this.

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Good post. I completely missed Zilloween when I first joined (a long time ago).
    And a kind warning about Cearkul :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Patricia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great post, FE. Even for us old timers and older times, this is still a great refresher. *hugs* :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *Has fond memories of Zilloween parties over at Somewhat Sump...*
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You know... the better place to candy swap is/was Somewhat Sump in Shimla Mirch, because it is easier to access by subway and left people to visit Cebarkul in peace.
    Also, not sure the dates are entirely correct for the start of Zilloween. I seem to remember it being closer to 3 RL days.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wandering Confusion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Real life Zillioween dates and times

http://glitchium.com/data/zilloween-dates/

September 22, 2012 10:00 am to September 24, 2012 1:59 pm
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Going by what's in Glitchium:  glitchium.com/data/zillowee...
    And you're right, Somewhat Sump is another great location. :-)
  • I have a feeling Madhur Hathur will be big this time around too :) There's usually a nice crowd there for sharding.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sondi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I joined to Glitch a few days before Recurse of the year 23...
    However I was reading the wiki up to 1 year before my join! :P.
    Posted 12 years ago by Arthur13 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • --Additional tip-there are badges for *giving* candy and eating it...when people are pelting you with candy it'd be nice to throw a few back :)

The 1st Zilleoween was like 4-5 days due to Halloween irl. 

It was at Somewhat Sump...even though that was considered a bad idea because it was a subway street and people would unknowingly get off the subway and insta-crash due to all the glitchen. At the time there was talk of moving the party to a dead-end street but then unlaunch left the matter moot.

The only issue with Madhur Hathur is that it's far from a subway stop, so for our newer glitchen who are still hoofing it lotsa loading screens.  Though separating a large crowd vertically would be great.

I'm guessing, even with invites, we are far far below the active player count of 1st Zilleoween ...so it doesn't really matter where people congregate this time. Maybe next Zilleoween will be during 2nd launch (Last Launch?) :o
    Posted 12 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "At the time there was talk of moving the party to a dead-end street but then unlaunch left the matter moot."

If I remember correctly the first Zilloween occurred after unlaunch? I had been playing for a few weeks and signed up on september 28 or something. 
    All you could see at Somewhat Sump were 'see through' Glitchen and the lag was horrible but it was so much fun!
  • For those of you NOT on the WEST COAST the above times ^^ posted by Irenic are WEST COAST time. Please remember to adjust for your own personal time zones so you don't miss anything.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are so many fun events and badges to be had during Zilloweentime. Something for everyone (gardening, cooking, creating, gifting, drinking, pranking... well, in a good-hearted way of course)!

Also, consider a costume. Always popular is the "Dress like your favorite Glitchen or Tiny Speck" (and, yes, Kukubee has a huge following of clones no matter what the day of the year).

Thanks, FE, for the reminder. I would have let another Zilloween fly by without stuffing my Glitchen full of as much sugar as her little system can handle.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds like fun... looking forward to it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lolly Lives Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have only one question. Why no Random Kindness? I'm sure it affects death or morning, etc. Just wondering.
    Posted 12 years ago by Switchmode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Switchmode, many glitches have a habit of going to Cebarkul to die, knowing that most often other glitches are present so that they can be mourned/celebrated.  If you RK them, esp close to end of a game day, you might hinder their efforts to die.  Thanks for asking!
  • To add to what FE said, many WANT to die because there are badges for it. Plus some people just enjoy the scenery of Hell. Plus there are badges for being mourned as well.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not to mention the cool freebies down there. :P

Thanks for the heads-up, FE! Last Zilloween caught me by surprise, but this time I'll be more prepared. Candy-shower time! ^_^

Posted 12 years ago by Siam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @WeavingTheWeb--Unlaunch was the last week of November 2011. The game was live Sept through Nov. I was under the impression that the Zilleoween which occurred over Halloween was the 1st...though I wasn't part of 1st beta.

And yes Zilleoween is fun :) I'll def get in on the madness this time around. Only reason those ol' gardens are still up.
    Posted 12 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol but i just realised the first zilloween started on my birthday. 

:D
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just found my snaps of last Zilloween. Time to break out the pumpkin head!
    *happy pumpkinheaded dance*
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyn Frog, Esq Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok... Im going to be a real stupid blonde (not saying blondes r stupid! Dont be affended!!!) but what is Ur that everyone keeps saying???
    Posted 12 years ago by LadyA Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ur is the world in which Glitch happens :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyn Frog, Esq Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Metra, yes of course you're correct, this Glitchen is getting old, lol
  • Ah, I remember the first Zilloween, I only got to enjoy it for a short time though. I do remember it was on Somewhat Sump, and in another gathering it got moved to another part of the bogs but I can't recall the name of the street.

Needless to say, because people often hit up Cebarkul to sell things or die in a communal area, I'd love to ask if Glitches as a collective can come up with a better place to trade candy other than Cebarkul.

Also, I'd like to point out that rolling dice or using Sneeze powder, Sparkle powder (which doesn't work after so many Glitches are on a street, but still needs to be brought up) in the collective group can lag and crash Glitches. I'd like to propose that Glitchen either ask for other Glitches willing to help you with those badges to follow you onto another street momentarily or leave those items at home.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe the first one, the Halloween concurrent one, was much more than 4 or 5 days.  I had no electricity for five days during that period, but I had time to make each lantern first and got power back just before they turned into pies. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My first Zilloween is going to be on my birthday weekend... score! :D
    I'm looking forward to all the candy-pelting... and I'll probably be eating all my birthday chocolates at the same time, lol. :P

I hope my internet can handle the sheer awesomeness this year, see y'all in a few days!
    Posted 12 years ago by Incendas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The candy pelting is my fave! Nothing like standing there watching new glitchen walk in and go, "AGH! Now I know what being a piñata feels like!"
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's a tip for getting the candy giving badges: Watch local chat. The names of new arrivals appear here, and you can click on the new name, then "give." You can give out candy this way so you don't accidentally give the same person more than one. This also prevents you from accidentally dropping a stack of candy while trying to drag the candy icon to a user's avatar. I used this technique during the first Zilloween before we realized the event would repeat and the badges would be cumulative, and it worked great.

It also helps to bring ingredients and other stuff to do while waiting for new Glitchen to arrive in Cebarkul. You can also work on your death badges if you bring a lot of no-no or wine of the dead with you since there will be tons of folks to mourn/celebrate you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zilloween is getting closer and closer...
    Posted 12 years ago by Arthur13 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the heads up (and the bump up) if I weren't forum lurking about I wouldn't know what to expect - Yay, I'm exciteded!  
    Posted 12 years ago by mightywench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tada, Zilloween has started, have fun everyone!