Topic

Grand Temple of Great Lem now open

Lem has long been my favorite of the giants, so I decided to build my tower as a temple to Lem. It includes a shrine (built around a Lem icon) and some other fun stuff. Currently planning to expand it slowly to include more cool, Lem related stuff (as I both figure out what that is, collect the resources I'll need, and get my monthly subscription credits).

Has anyone else built a temple to a giant? I'd love to get some kind of giant temple network going between our home streets if you have.

Posted 12 years ago by gworley3 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I devoted my top floor of my tower to my fav Giant Spriggan. But it is not a temple. Just some icons nicely together. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Atlantis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's a Humbaba thing going on over at Humbabella's tower.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool stuff. Way more impressive than my little shrine. I've got a lot of work to do to do right by Lem.

Let me know if there are more. Added Atlantis and Humbabella as my neighbors.
  • I do. Currently it's on my tower's second floor, but it will go up as I add floors.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very cool. Added.
  • I second the idea of a Shrine Route. Some of them are just incredibly cool.
    Posted 12 years ago by Edith Anne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My tower is devoted to shrines to all of the Giants.
    Posted 12 years ago by Teem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The third floor of my tower is dedicated to Humbaba.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool stuff, guys!
  • Hey nice idea!
    Didn't get the chance to go there yet
    But maybe you'd like to join the cult of Lem?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actualy yes, its nice to know there are other priests too. i'm in the process of building a church of friendly, so far i have only two floors but im working on it :). Friends are welcome.
    Posted 12 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Speaking of priests, I've noticed that there are priest clothes for some of the giants, but not all of them. I'm hoping we get the rest of the set.
  • My tower is dedicated to Tii-right now still a WIP, it's only one floor furnished, but will hopefully be more in the future.

(still waiting for priestly robes for Tiites...or some furniture....)
    Posted 12 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool. Added you as a neighbor, Alyx.
  • All of you are ignoring the fact that the other giants are simply shadow-puppets Zille likes to cast when she's having a dinner party with herself (serving rock cakes, naturally).
    Posted 12 years ago by xLIFEx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cosma loves you and wants you to know that 12 Butterflies Shrine (my tower) has a Cosmic Temple on the top floor, as well as an Icon Room and Zen Meditation Lounge. 

I know this because she told me so.  Well, actually, a butterfly told me that she told him to tell you, but he was busy, so I should do it.  Or was it that I'm supposed to tell you to tell Cosma about it? 

Hmmmm.... maybe I wrote the exact message down somewhere.... I'll be right back. 

Either way, I also think a Shrines and Temples Route would be an awesome idea. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Grem Sketch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, wish I could add more than 5 neighbors!

Let's see if we can get at least one shrine or temple for every giant.

Who's willing to be part of a shrine route? Your tower must be a temple or shrine to a giant/giants to participate.

We can do a circular path of home streets. Once I get a few people I'll send out messages letting everyone know who they should be neighbors with and put up a note pole about.
  • My home street features the Temple (and Museum) of Alph.

http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVOVTSCJ1V2RBB/

You might also be interested in the fact that there is (or was) a group dedicated to the different Giants, the Hendarchy. It is not very active anymore at the moment, but that, of course, could be changed with the right people reviving it. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heya Louis! ^_^

I am just waiting for people to take an interest in it again. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mal'akh, Louis...I hear you! I think I joined the Hendarchy when everything was already going quiet...
    Posted 12 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Already added you friend, we need a list 
    Posted 12 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink