Topic

Help Wanted! Needed! for A Vera Strange Tower

Hey all!

I have a big crazy idea for my tower, but my imagination is running dry. I would love it if you could use some of yours. No, I'm not talking about iMG - I have plenty of that. I'm talking about real life brain sweat.

Here's the deal. My tower is a sort of apartment building with 8 different residents. A puzzling little story will play out among them and folks will have the opportunity to discover more about the residents and uncover a bit more of their history in Ur over the course of a few months. My problem? I'm stuck on a few of their names and could use your help figuring out what those names are... or were. As all will become clear later.

If you come up with a name and I use it, you will get the credit you deserve as well as a little something something (not sure what - it won't be *huge* but maybe a bag of beans or something not entirely trivial)

Without giving away too much, but giving you enough to start sweating some imagination,.. Each resident is affiliated with a giant or two (and where there are two giants represented, I'm not opposed to roommates or twins or something). They tend to personify that giant in their decor and talents. I have a few already named & fleshed out.

Annie Molliver - a sweet young Humbaban
Beau Nappateet - a rather ecclectic and slightly arrogant Potian (Pothead?)
Greg Areus - the life of the party & everyone's favorite Friend
Tim Burr - a very devout Spriggot
Levi Tate - a big thinker devoted to Cosma & Lem (if you have a name that better combines Cosma & Lem, I'm all ears!)

So, I'm looking for punny names that fit with their giant & personality. Here are the residents that I have not yet named.

1) A girl (hopefully, I'm short on girls) who is a devotee of Grendaline
2) A devotee of Zille & Alph. Originally, these were separate and I had Cliff Stone as a Zillot. Perhaps these are roommates or siblings? 
3) A witch doctor or mad scientist devoted to Tii & Mab. Or, maybe, a married couple (a Ti'ite & Mabbite)

I hate to ask, but I'm running low on credits and giving all these folks wardrobes & furniture is pushing the limit of what I can spend. If anyone wants to gift me some credits or, equally, credits they'd like to donate to the cause for furniture upgrades, I'd be most appreciative! And, of course, credit will be given! (I so don't expect this, but it can't hurt to ask?)

For those that are short on credits or imagination, no worries! What I'll need most of all is for you to come to the Vera Strange Unveiling of a Vera Strange Building and to enjoy yourselves. The current hope/plan is to unveil the tower the weekend of my not so strange birthday - October 12. (though real life celebrations & travel may push this out a couple of weeks)

oh! and if you see me running around looking like, say, a crazy Spriggot or a sweet little Humbaban and taking pictures. shhh. don't spoil the surprises ;)

Posted 12 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• As a Voyager of the Scion of Purple, I'd donate if you could throw us in a little love. We are small, but we are full of FEELS.
    I'd understand logistically if that wouldn't work though <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Saruko Sto Helit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For the girl, you could do Flo Brook
    Posted 12 years ago by The Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha! The Rook! How could I forget Brooke (which may or may not be my real name).
  • :3 I love the name, so it was the first thing on my mind!
    Posted 12 years ago by The Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For cosma and let do 'Coslem' :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Hersche Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You could have Cliff Stone sharing his digs with Minnie Tools.

Whatever you decide, I'm looking forward to the unveiling of the Vera Strange Building.
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hey Brooke was my idea. i just couldn't think of something to go with it... lol
    Posted 12 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this!  I think your Ti'ite should be Tim Turing.  His wife could be... Vera Gandle?  It works when she puts her last name first on a form, anyway.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • creation = genesis = Jenna Sis

mountain = alp, butte, Eminence, Pike, Sierra, volcano = Val Kano
    Posted 12 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow! I'm hugely thrilled (and a bit overwhelmed) by all the curiosity & excitement I've gotten over this, both in the thread and elsewhere. I'm getting a bunch of the same questions, so I figure I should probably elaborate a bit more. I don't want to say too much because a) I don't want to destroy any surprises and b) who knows exactly how it'll come together over the next several weeks. While I have some fairly solid ideas, nothing is set in stone yet. 

The basic idea is something that I'm calling URcheology. The narrative background is that through exploring the world and talking to various Glitches far and wide, I've uncovered some evidence of these people and their lives. Of course, while I'm utterly brilliant in the real world (ha!), I'm struggling to put it all together in the Ur world. So I need your help. The evidence will be something like the game Clue (while not being anything at all like that, but it's the best general analogy that I can think of). So, it will all start off with these little bits of evidence that you can put together for me (because I'm clueless). This will create a bit of a story. Over time, if anyone is feeling creative, they can add to it. Maybe they'll remember some folk tale they heard when they were just a wee level 2 glitch back in year 17 or, perhaps, while mining in the Deeps, they found an old pick used by someone. Honestly, I have no idea how far this will go. Maybe it'll die after a couple weeks (though my tower and website will remain and I'll probably add to it over time) or maybe it'll take off and expand into other people's towers. It's all a bit of an experiment, but I think it could be loads of fun.

When it launches, there will be notes around my tower (and a few things spread throughout Ur) that will start off the story. Each floor will, if I'm successful, have it's own personality that brings to life the person who inhabits it while also providing a few clues and such for those that want to dig deeper. There will be a section on my website devoted to all of this. This will include snaps and evidence and the like. You can get as involved in it as you'd like. Maybe you just want to come see the decorated tower. Or maybe you want to come see the tower and read the little character bios. Maybe you'll be so enamored by one (or more) of the story bits that you flesh it out more in your own tower or send me something to add to the museum. Maybe you don't have anything to add but are curious about what others have added. 

Basically, I've been hugely inspired by some of the museum-esque towers and the mythologies people are writing. Like many folks, I need a starting point to build from and I've wanted a narrative pretext to create some scavenger hunts. Basically, I'm killing off a couple birds with one stone... I'm providing a narrative starting point for people that want to build off of it (including myself) while also giving me a "reason" to create a few scavenger hunts.