Topic

"DRESS LIKE A BEATLES SONG" contest: Revisited!

There was another Beatles anniversary this week which reminded me about this thread. People who haven't yet seen the fab entries might enjoy a look.
Creating this contest actually had unexpected impact on my life - strange for something that was a spur of the moment idea and where the creative input came from others, not myself. But two seeds were planted here. The first blossomed into a beautiful, intangible love which brought me more joy than seems strictly fair. The second grew stealthily into an ugly, creeping envy which caused much pain and destruction. Not long ago, I realised both these situations began here and wondered if it would have been better never to have posted this at all, but if you add my joy from the first relationship to the joy of everyone who took part, then that surely has to beat the negativity of the second seed. Follow your own bliss everyone - don't try to muscle in on someone else's! And spread the joy!

___________________________________________________________________________________

50 years ago on 5th October The Beatles released their first hit single, Love Me Do. Celebrate in style with this contest!

Here are the rules:

1) Dress like a Beatles song title (or album title, if you like) and take a screenshot of yourself somewhere in Ur. 

2) Post a link to the screenshot in this post, along with the song title.

3) You have until midnight on 5th October, Tiny Speck time, to post your entry. You can start posting entries now - only one per player please. 

4) The winning outfit will be decided not at random sometime afterwards, and the winner will be awarded a magical mystery prize. I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I'll know it when I see it. Think creative, witty, surprising, or just a really good match for the song you have chosen. Or if you know better - do that. 

5) Have fun! 

6) If Abbey Rhode does not enter this contest, she will be disqualified. 

7) Acceptable screenshot locations are: any street in Ur; any seam street or hidden floor, any party space, the tower in Jethimadh. Screenshots taken in homestreets, houses or towers will not be accepted. 

Here is my own rather lame attempt - which Beatles song am I?! 
www.glitch.com/snaps/PM13FQ...

I'm sure you'll all do much better. Good luck!

Posted 11 years ago by Violet Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • +1 love me doo!
    Posted 11 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mocha  Maid  - you can only enter once
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My official and non-rule-breaking entry as  Rocky Raccoon:

lem.to/p/GL2e
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not entering (because most of the creative input was from Violet, not me)

But
    http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVT5TK2G6D28QU/104503-60347bfb20/

Octopus's garden near a cave
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here is my attempt!  (Amended to add "When I'm 64")

www.glitch.com/snaps/PCREJ6...
    Posted 11 years ago by MisAdventure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here is my entry: Here Comes the Sun!
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFDC...
    Posted 11 years ago by Jeasilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know it's too late, but here ya go!  
    http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PCR9V2I0FUT1DVV/104078-d79df6ca49/
    Posted 11 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  I read the contest rules wrong before. I though it was take a pic that described a Beatles' song. So I took another one and «dressed up» like the song itself in this one.
    Strawberry Fields Forever :  www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFDC...
  • It's not too late to enter everyone - still 10 hours to go!

Jeasilver, your first entry was fine!
  • Lovely Rita
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PCRE2V...
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Panda in the stars with diamonds"
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVDVR...

Greetz
    Posted 11 years ago by Kalawalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The contest is closed! There have been some beatling brilliant submissions, check back later for the winner and awards :) (Hopefully sometime this weekend but not sure exactly when.)
  • so...who won?  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Airya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the entries were all so awesome that it was impossible for her to pick a winner.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi everyone!

Apologies for the delay in posting the results, I lost a week, for reasons no one will thank me for explaining, so without further ado: 

I loved every single entry. I have listed the prize winners and special award winners below, but everyone gets a 'Love me Do' potion just for being here. 

SPECIAL AWARDS 

The Rattle Your Jewellery Award for most royal entry (and biggest Beatles' fan) goes to Cleops for 'Your Majesty' (wins 5 of each gem) 

The Psychedelia Award for the most musically appropriate use of a photographic filter goes to Saturnese, for 'Strawberry Fields' (wins a stack of purple flowers and a purple essence) 

The Moptop Award for best Beatles lookalikie is shared by snygyst for 'Long and Winding Road', Jope for 'Piggies', and Jeasilver for 'Here Comes the Sun' - (each wins a mirror - well what I consider to be the Glitch equivalent) 

The Scandinavian Forester Award for Tree Care is shared by Airya and Elfers for 'Norwegian Wood', (each wins a selection of tree potions) 

The Meanest Mr Mustard Award goes to Alwé Sunny (wins 5 Elixirs of Avarice) 

The Best Dressed Animal Award goes to Minkey for 'Rocky Raccoon' (wins a selection of animal eggs) 

The Most Folorn Death Award goes to Eleanor Rigby for 'Eleanor Rigby' (wins a stack of No-no) 

OFFICIAL PRIZEWINNERS 

3rd Prize: Vogon Blarg, 'Nowhere Man' 

2nd Prize: PAnsy, 'Love Me Doo' 

1st Prize: Abbey Rhode, 'Blackbird' 

Each win a selection of gardening potions from the octopuses' gardens (brewed with a little help from my friend, IrenicRhonda) 

Well done all of you! It will probably take me at least another week to distribute all the prizes, so please bear with me. Hope you all had fun :)
  • Congratulations to the Winners!  I really loved your snaps!  In fact, I loved them all and consider all entrants as Winners, well done. 

Thanks Violet for such a fun contest.  I hope we have more similar contests or just threads devoted to songs, books, etc.
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well done everyone! I had a lot of fun on an otherwise boring Thursday afternoon. Thanks for running the comp. Violet:)
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay, thank you!!!
    I also was crazy about every single entry and had quite a few favourites.  It was a great idea for a contest and spurred on super entries.  I think the amount of winners and the level of attention given to prize categories shows us all how much fun you had, too, Violet.
    There is one winning snap that I missed so I'm going to check it out now.  Seriously, I had a ton of fun viewing the entries.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the contest Violet, it was a good use for our imaginations. Well done to all the entries.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vogon Blarg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a fabulous competition, and you have put so much work into compiling the winners and prizes. Lots of people have had a lot of fun dreaming up their entries. Thanks for letting us enjoy this.
    Also, one of my favourite types of competition... everyone wins something (he says after opening a piece of petrified rock to get 10c after hours of hard work   :P ).
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really enjoyed this, and could have done loads of silly entries.  Well done for organising it Violet!
    Posted 11 years ago by dbot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This was one of the best contests yet.  Great idea, Violet.  Thanks for the entertainment.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Thanks so much Violet! It was so amusing to see what everyone came up with. Very well done, indeed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Saturnese Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congratulations to you all! Thank you Violet for hosting a very fun and creative event :D I had a blast, and I loved seeing all the great entries. Well done!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sadie the Goat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Thanks for hosting the contest, Violet!
    Posted 11 years ago by Alwé Sunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congratulations to all!...Fun contest Violet. Nicely done everyone.
  • Thanks Violet!  This was definitely a fun contest!
    Posted 11 years ago by Airya Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next