Topic

Assembling a Caiyotite necklace for Caiyot -- WE DID IT! WOOT

THANK YOU FOLKS, PLEASE DON'T SEND MORE BEADS!

I posted in the marketplace forum, but prices seem really really off right now.  I want to provide this creative Glitch with her namesake artifact as a way of saying thank you.  But I don't want to go broke doing it. 

As for what I mean by prices being off, glancing around the marketplace and towers, I can assemble the rare platinum spork for about 1 million to 3.5 million.  With the lowest price for the more common beads, the necklace would cost about 4.25 million to assemble. That's like charging more for a chick cubi than a rube, and that's generally insane. 

So I've put a standing offer up in the marketplace for caiyotite beads.  I put out 10k, figuring the common artifact should be worth somewhere between 100k and 250k.  But many people are actually asking 250k per bead. 

Doing a little math, I decided up to about 1 million for the necklace seemed fair, so I've upped my offer to 60k.  But I think it's important that one of the first, if not the first, of these necklaces go to their originator, and I'm hoping others in the community agree. 

Voluptua Sneezelips has already donated one bead.  So I need 16 more.  If you do not want to donate, I will honor the 60k offer.  But keep in mind, this is not for me, this is a gift. 

Let's pull together and do something awesomely Glitchy.

Update #1: 11 out of 17!  I appreciate the other things that have been donated/offered to donate (looking to trade those Ouzian beads as I type this), but I don't want to personally benefit from doing this, so please hold off a bit and we'll see what happens after tonight's reward is distributed.  Awesome!

Update #2: 17 of 17.  I owe someone Ouzian beads, and I wrote down the name, and lost it.  I will recognize it though so no funny stuff. ETA: oh found her in the other thread, mystery solved.   Great job Glitchen!

Posted 11 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes! Yes! I will donate mine, gratis, to do this. No payment needed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww... I wish I had one, I would totally donate. Good for you for putting this together, Sauce!
    Posted 11 years ago by Amythien Subscriber! | Permalink
  • as soon as I get one its yours xxxx
    Posted 11 years ago by Amelia-Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw this is lovely! I think I've got one and will check as soon as I get in game tonight!
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sauce, this is amazing of you. I have 7. You can have em all for free. I'll drop em by your bulter.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome!  We're almost halfway there already!
  • You are one awesome Glitch. I wish I could donate but I don't have any beads. :( 
    Posted 11 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have one. I won't be home for another couple hours, but I'll catch you online or leave it with your butler. Free for such a lovely, thoughtful gift. Thank you for organizing this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd totally donate one, but that's the one bead I didn't get.  If I get one from tonight's rewards, I'll be happy to donate it to the cause.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a bead. But are all beads the same? have to go and check. If it is the caiyot one, you can have it. :) No charge.

ETA: Sadly, I don't have a Caiyotite bead. I have a Bead of Red Tiger Eye Necklace. But... I am willing to exchange this bead with a Caiyotite bead, if anyone wants to do so. I suppose they are valued the same, so no one is losing out really.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to keep the bulk of my not-that-many beads, but if you're willing to take a Gnipperite bead and try to trade it with someone else for a Caiyotite, I'll gladly toss you one of mine for free for the cause. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Arashi Kurobara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • IfI get one, I'll add it to the collection - I like this idea!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will donate any Caiyotite beads I get from this challenge, gratis. I will update later if I get any.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't get any of these beads - so far- but I will send you 10 full bottles of dung-kicker drops to auction to raise funds for buying the beads. They've been disappearing from my tower as fast as i can make them at 2500c per bottle. The auction prices seem to be much higher so yo may even be able to fund 2 beads. I will crank them out and get them to you as soon as I can get in game. I have all needed materials on hand.
    Posted 11 years ago by Frogger The Mad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would never manage to assemble a necklace on my own, so I will instead attempt to mail you my 3 beads.
    Posted 11 years ago by Replete Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have one, and... frankly, I'm somewhat cash-poor *sheepish* Your offer is very fair, I'd like to sell.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sulky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I did get one put together, but I did not end up spending a cent. And I'm currant-ly comfortable (har har), so I'll still buy that bead. 
  • You guys... you are the best! Thank you so so so so much for this! I am over the moon at not only having Caiyotite be a thing, but the fact that a bunch of Glitchen, many of whom I don't even know, pooled their efforts so I could have a necklace! It warms my furry little heart, it does <3

I think I might need to display this most democratically-created necklace in a little shrine in my tower!
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is possibly the glitchy-est thread I have ever seen.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This, right here.  Another reason in a pile of reasons why I love Glitch SO DARNED MUCH.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awwww..... this is just the nicest kind of nice. Congratulations, Caiyot and big hugs to Saucelah and everybody else! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitchen are the awesomest! This is really a neat thing you all did :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Rascalmom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wrote up a little something for the display in my tower: 
    Not so very long ago, the Giants furrowed their lofty brows and reimagined a semi-rare and totally beauteous substance, useful for not much other than bead-making. Due to her moderate levels  of cunning, they named it after one of their smilingest devotees, a furry, sharp-toothed little Glitch named Caiyot.

Shortly after this amazing substance appeared in Ur, Saucelah, first of his name, was struck by an immense surge of generosity. Through heroic efforts, combined with the givingness of other noble Glitchen, he gathered together 17 beads of Caiyotite and assembled them on a string to present to that most lucky of Glitchen, young Caiyot. She was, in a word, flabbergasted.

Above is Caiyot's first piece of Caiyotite, given to her by Yo Ali Ali, and the very necklace that Saucelah assembled, mere hours after its existance was known to be possible.

Is this the first Caiyotite necklace? Perhaps. Is it the most precious? Quite definitely.
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awwww!   I didn't see any of this till after the making.  So awesome!   + 10000 just because.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink