Topic

Stop Complaining About Weedy Gardens...

Seriously, I have had enough. For the record, I will do it for you.
Think I'm crazy? Great, that's your opinion. Just send me a mail/butler/IM/post here and ask me to weed, and I will do it. I think weeding is fun. I like the iMG I get for it. I usually come on around 5PM PST, so you can ask me then, or just get in touch with me somehow. I don't ask for money, items, anything. (But bacon would be nice) Don't wanna wait? TOO BAD!
Any questions?

Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Start at my street.  I've already done all the weeding there, but go to whoever's on my first sign post and have at it.  Keep following the first signpost til you get back to me.  Thanks :-)  If I had bacon, it would be yours.

ETA:  Actually, start here.
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will you come to my actual home and weed?  I have seven pounds of pepper bacon in my freezer.... 
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr. Babycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ennuienta: I was just starting on yours, but I'm having lag issues and will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

@Dr. Babycat: Sorry, real life scares me. o.O
  • So ... do you see one of the issues now?   We all have lag issues and when you are constantly cleaning up after someone who doesnt seem to get the point of cooperation you need to vent....which is what you were doing, right?
    Posted 11 years ago by Moochie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh!  Thats just one of the issues, I could list many but lets just say its plain rude.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moochie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want to be able to harvest the weeds when I clear them. Then use the weeds to make paper. Then use the paper to make boxes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You're so sweet OMGB :)
  • I'll second this and do some weeding too, I like it, it's a good ing boost. So if you Want I'll help, like bacon send me a message
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG Bacon!!! You rock! No, I don't need any weeding done on my street. I'm one of those who generally weeds anything I come across.

@Tibbi -- what a super idea!! We could make boxes like the moving boxes, and even gift boxes!!
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree wholeheartedly! (will I tire of saying that?, naaaaaa)
    Anyway, if I cared, I would fill my back yard with my coveted plots and privately admire my weedless life.
    As it is, I happily clean up any plots I come across, and yes, I have big lag issues too. 
    I'm not on much lately because scary real life is getting in the way, but if you see me and need some weeding done, I'll pop over (well, pop is a big word, considering my snail-like zoning, but I'll try)
     :)
    edit ps:  Tibbi, I ADORE that idea!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you see me online, sent me an IM if you want your street's gardens weeded.  I strongly prefer to only weed/water 15-plot gardens, since I'm a potion gardener.
    Posted 11 years ago by Botia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OKAY, so here's a thing: If you want to weed gardens, join up here:
    www.glitch.com/groups/RHV8G...

It's double extra helpful if you add MG to your name somewhere, but not required.

If you are part of the MGS, just announce on global when you are ready and willing that you're available to garden, and that folks can send you IMs.
    Posted 11 years ago by Botia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still say let the butler hoe.
    Posted 11 years ago by gizzy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have enough problems with my lazy-assed butler without setting him loose with a hoe, high class or otherwise.
    Posted 11 years ago by Colette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • invite please?
  • Count me in on turning weeds to paper.
    Posted 11 years ago by Abel Caine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would also be able to weed and water. I cannot plant because I do not have MG nor do I have a stash of seeds. If you leave seeds out I could do that though. IM me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad people like the weeds to paper to boxes idea. Gift boxes was something I was thinking of when I came up with it. Also paper folding, or making paper hats. So much we could do. :) and weeding would be so cool then.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too would love to help folks with their weeding - please invite me to the group!

And I love Tibbi's idea of putting our weeds to good use - has anyone created a thread over in the Ideas forum for that purpose yet?
    Posted 11 years ago by Frogger The Mad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stop complaining about people complaining.

I have had enough meta-complaining.

Of course my meta-meta-complaining is entirely different from mere meta-complaining.
    Posted 11 years ago by Biff Rosbiff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't have a problem helping out with weeding as it gives me iMG & more stuffs. In fact, I almost squee for joy when I see weedy gardens on someone's street!

I do have a problem with helping out with depleted crop/herb plots; I don't know how to replete them! I feel terrible leaving it up to someone else to fix them.

How to replete?
    Posted 11 years ago by MG Liuli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Luili, do you mean restore?  Like the garden appears broken?  Or do you mean there are plants but they are dull green and wilted?  If the latter, just water them.  If the former, click on it, click "restore" and see if you can contribute any of the supplies/work needed.
  • Here's a snap that shows what I mean.

I'm not able to interact with the plots at all.
  • Oh!  That means the garden is about to poof and will need to be restored.  There is nothing you can do with those plots.  When the gandlevery in the middle is harvested, the garden will turn into a project to contribute to :)
  • Thank you Ennuienta! That is good news. I was feeling awful for leaving those behind (they had other seedlings yet to grow).
  • i love this thread.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cat A. Tonic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw man, I saw 26 posts onmy thread and was hoping they were people asking me to weed! Ironic, now I can't find a single weedy plot in anyones garden. *sharpens hoe*
  • Noodz - 3 large gardens to the right, all weedy.  I'm in the Master Gardener group chat now, but there's no one else there :)
  • I'm with you OMGBacon, I like weeding. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lily Linguistic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to making the weeds useful - I know what I use weed for in real life...;P
    Posted 11 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink