Topic

Herb Garden Resource Route Reset, Re-do, Reboot

Hello :)  I'm writing this to let you all know that I've decided to re-boot the herb route.  After looking through many profiles, it appears that a good chunk of members aren't very active in Glitch anymore.

The herb route is (was, at this point) one of the largest resource routes.  In light of the recent issues we've been having with unmaintained plots, I felt it best to try to get more players who are more actively involved in the game and thus hopefully more involved with the maintenance of the gardens on their street.

There were 85 streets with about 4,800 plots.

Rather than weed out (ha ha!) the inactive players, I figured it was easier to just start over.  The requirements are at least 45 plots.  Please place the gardens as close to the signpost as you can and use note poles and/or gnomes to direct visitors where to go.

A dirt pile and/or peat bog would be helpful for restoring but is not required.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause while we readjust.  Thank you to all the Glitchen who have generously given of their time and resources to make the route successful.  I and others who use the route appreciate it.

So feel free to join up again if you meet the new requirements.  I am capping it at 40 at this time to see how it goes.  If things look good I'll consider expanding it.

NOTE: The only person "grandfathered" in was grelca, who was the original curator of the route.  Everyone else was deleted.  You will need to sign up again at the route page linked to above.

Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• yay rejoined!
    Posted 11 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll have to think about wether or not I wish to rejoin. I left most of my plots and restoration up to the visitors, I rarely ever had to weed or even restore any of my gardens. I don't know if I'm the kind of player who you want to be on the route. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well, if you didn't *have* to, then I guess there was no issue with your street :P  Either way... we're happy to have you, but if it's not a good fit, I understand.  
  • Nooo!  I'm going to miss having Papa Legba as my neighbour :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Portinari Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not expecting members to log in every day and clean up plots.  But if you notice that things are messy for many days in a row, maybe do a little something to help it along?
  • lol went to rejoin and saw i'm still there. awesome, works for me! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by grelca Subscriber! | Permalink
  • eek i hope i'm still on it! i spend a lot of time restoring/planting/watering, not just mine, but other ppl's plots!

i have all materials for restoring on my street, including a wood machine!
    Posted 11 years ago by greenkozi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dunno how Grelca came to be grandfathered-in, but no greenkozi, you're not on it right now; go ahead and re-join by the link in the OP. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Granny Weatherwax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • grelca was grandfathered in because she was the original curator of the route and I had a strong suspicion that she'd want to stay on it. :)
  • Sweet. I'm not on all the time right now, but I am a dedicated Glitch enthusiast, so I rejoined. Herbs forever baby!
    Posted 11 years ago by Merrylegs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the heads-up! I'm going to have to do some soul-searching to see if I can juggle around the resources on my street. I'd love to join again if I can...

Edit: Aaand done! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Twotone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • please add me back
    Posted 11 years ago by glitch_witch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I would like to join; I just have to go poison a bunch of my trees first. It's not a conflict to be on both herb and fruit, correct?
    Posted 11 years ago by elekanahmen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Welcome back, Twotone and glitch_witch :)

ele - There is no conflict as long as your first signpost is free.  If your fruit route uses the top signpost, there is a conflict.
  • Hello ennuienta!
    Yes please! I'd love to be a part of the route. Please sign me up!!
    Posted 11 years ago by veneziagurl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Added :)
  • 'bout half-full!
  • I'd love to be added to the waiting list if the route gets expanded to more than 40 people.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wyetha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still room on the Potions route :)  (herb gardens, gas & bubble trees, 1 sparkly rock)
  • I'm already on another route that uses the #5 signpost position, but thanks for the suggestion.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wyetha Subscriber! | Permalink