Topic

ROUTE POSTED ON GLITCH HOUSING FOR THOSE IN NEED OF ANIMAL TENDING DURING THE HURRICANE

Please join here: http://resources.grelca.com/route/364

And to all other kind glitchen, please watch over our pigs :)

Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• PS- there is no signpost qualification, it's just a listed route, so you don't have to change anything!
  • I can't seem to join - it doesn't recognize my piggies. :'(
    Posted 11 years ago by Auspex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I manually added you!
  • Auspex, you may need to refresh your information in their database, just FYI. Then it should work for you! But I manually added you anyway.
  • Honored to be first on the list!  Thank you so very!
    Posted 11 years ago by WallyMcBeal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a great idea! I'm gonna hold off joining. I might not have power after tonight myslf. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by MontytheGeek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will help pet the piggies.
    Wishing all of you in the storm path the best of luck.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ruby Specklebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will do my best to get round. Be safe all.

"Edit" after a quick check, it would help to move the feeders near sign post for me. Also can some people put some higher meat quantity's in Towers for me to buy to feed them all lol there is a lot of piggies :)

I will do 6-7am GMT time.
    Posted 11 years ago by silver zelda jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zelda I will get some done tonight as well. Good luck everyone.

UPDATE: I have topped everyone's feeders up. I will check again in the morning (UK time here). Good luck again
    Posted 11 years ago by Phil the Pee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for posting this.  It is hard to watch all the craziness (just watched the ConEd explosion) and not be able to help.  This is still helping, in my book at least  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very nice idea, joined. Thanks for setting this up, this is really helpful. Thanks to all you kind glitchen, much appreciated! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sapping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • UPDATE: Topped up again, 8:30am GMT, thanks to Zelda for the meats. FYI (other helpers) I will go round again at 1pm, saves duplicating.

:)
  • I just made a round of the routes and topped off all of the feeders. Hope I didn't mess up your schedule!

If there's a particular time that needs to be covered, tell me and I'll see if I can fit it into my schedule. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for all who visited!   I'm good now, but others will be needing assistance, so keep visiting them.

Happy Glitching!
    Posted 11 years ago by WallyMcBeal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Our power and internet are now out here, where I am visiting in-laws in Ohio. If someone could check on my pigs I would appreciate it! I don't have a feeder.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi All, most are topped up so I will do another top up run in 2ish hours. say 7pm GTM :)
  • Looks like these streets are getting regular visits. I haven't had to do much more than top off a few feeders with one or two grains. What a great group of people! Hurricane Sandy is now downgraded to a tropical storm, but there are still many, many affected. Prayers and best wishes are with everyone.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey there, just a reminder that if you're not affect by the storm any more it's a good idea to remove yourself from the route. You can do that by clicking on the leave route button on the right side of the page when you are logged into the site.
    Posted 11 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i also have 110 relief piglets for those who may lose some during the storm to give out.  let me know if you need some :)
    Posted 11 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • im just poping round the route now. Nice one awesome sauce01 :)
  • just finished a run round, all topped up again. Did a bit of fertilizer if i saw a wood tree. Will do a run tomorrow now :)
  • I am unscathed!  Ty to everyone who dropped in, going to remove myself now (although you are still welcome to visit :D) and check on some other people's streets.
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here, the worst seems to have passed where I am. Thanks for helping everyone, I'm going to remove myself as well, and simply check on everyone else still affected.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sapping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So glad you, Annuska and Sapping, came through all right!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've come out unscathed as well. I've already removed myself from the list. Thanks guys for looking out! Ya'll are awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad your ok:)
    Just doing a top up run now before work.

UPDATE: All finished, some feeders were getting very low :(. Just want to say thanks to
    silver zelda jones for all the meat for these runs.
  • Just made the rounds topping off Phil's top-offs, and everything looks good. Oh, and a reminder to folks on the route...if you no longer need help, please remove yourself from the route, thanks! Boom explains how here...http://www.glitch.com/forum/announcements/28585/#reply-296033
    Posted 11 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can you add AlexFinch to this route? Here is his request for assistance with piggies.
    www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've got power back at work, at least, so I should be all set.  Thanks, everyone!  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by wraith816 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks folks, I thought I could come by and feed the pigs and do other tending but half of the hospital where a work lost electicity on the day of the storm and I'm now doing lots of overtime.  Sleep is not an option now.  Fyi no one was injured by it but it's lots of work to move patients around and do the regular chores there.  At least the river was unsuccessful in drowning our cars : D.  Thanks for this route!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dewa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all that have been coming to my home street and taking care of the animals.  I do have power [I almost feel guilty] but I am still losing internet connection on and off for most of the days..
    You are all wonderful glitches .. thank you so much during this horrific period of our lives!
    Posted 11 years ago by Qizara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh my goodness   I didn't realize I was on this list.  I  am fine..  In fact I'll pop round and visit all the others right now..  
    Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump!
    Posted 11 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Caley, I added everyone on the one page that said they may or may not have needed help. 

I JUST got power back last night and internet this morning. They've been opening schools, libraries, and places like police stations and municipal buildings for people to charge their cellphones and laptops, but most of the wires here have been ripped clean off the posts. Most are just dangling around. I saw one set of wires that someone propped up with a stump from a fallen tree. It's insane. 

Most grocery stores are just now re-opening on generated power. Went to shoprite today and HOLY SHIT EVERYTHING was gone. The shelves were EMPTY. And I live in the middle of nowhere! They had to restock everything... I guess it all either went bad or they moved it after the power outage. Went to another store in a more populated area and they couldn't restock the bread fast enough... it was only touching the shelf for a few seconds! Madhouse, I say.

Gas is another big issue... dear god I waited 3 1/2 hours in line for gas last night and I'll need to do the same again tomorrow. 

I'm going to send messages to all on the route and ask them to remove themselves if they are no longer in need of help. 

Thanks to everyone for your support and help! One less thing to worry about!!
  • PS- alexfinch has been manually added.