Topic

GlitchSecret: **Submit before Glitch Closes so people can see your secrets!!!**

If you didn't already know, I have a project going in my tower called GlitchSecret. It is a way for Glitchen to share their secrets (silly or serious) and have them displayed anonymously in my tower. Today I added a new floor to my tower that is dedicated to intense and triggering secrets. I have put 6 secrets up on that floor and thus far there are secrets that discuss violence, rape and suicide. Please procede with caution when checking out this floor because they can be upsetting. The other floors contain secrets of all kinds, ones about farting, romance, Glitch itself and basically anything you could think of. 

Do you have a secret? Share it! There are 2 ways to do this: 
1) Mostly anonymously + you get currants
Mail me your secret, I will then copy and paste it onto a note (that says I was the author). I will send you 1,000c per secret. Please attach any item that you would like displayed above your secret. For example there is a secret that reads "I'm in my 30s and I still want to run away from home" and the individual attached an essence of hairball that is now displayed in a SDB above the note pole with their secret. I will never tell anyone who wrote which secret (you can however, request that your name is displayed with your secret). 

2) Completely anonymously (you don't get currants but no one, including me, will know your identity) 
Submit via surveymonkey . This allows you to submit without anyone knowing your identity, the form lets you request what item (if any) should be displayed above your secret. 

Additionally, I occasionally turn some of your secrets into real postcards! I have 3 more done that I will upload soon! To check the 5 I have made so far go to the tumblr

So, go read each other's secrets! And submit your own! If you have any questions or concerns (or would like to request that a secret should be moved to the "trigger warning" floor) don't hesitate to let me know! 

Posted 11 years ago by rach.the.emobear Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Bump! If you haven't toured the tower yet, you should! rach.the.emobear is doing an awesome job with this. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Auspex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yerp. If there is only one tower you visit in your entire Glitchy life, it should be rach's tower. Super-awesome, 5 hi-stars.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much Auspex and SeerQueen! I have been working hard on this tower so those comments mean a ton! :) 
  • Bump! Over 50 Secrets! 
  • Not going to lie; lots of people who post secrets really need therapy instead of posting there. 

So please get therapy guys if you need it! Letting it off your chest is good, but getting help if you can should be the next step. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No doubt Reirei. We'd probably be surprised how many of them have had therapy or are in therapy. Sometimes there's things you never tell anybody, unless it's completely anonymous. 
    Posted 11 years ago by SheilaBetty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • rach.the.emobear, thank you so much for this wonderful project. I love postsecret, and I am super excited to check out your tower. I would love to volunteer to help out in any way I can!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know I commented last thread, and I know I should have said this before the thread got old, but you really have done an excellent job with this. I do think that the decor and especially the organization have really improved since I last visited. I LOVED the tower and I would strongly recommend any PostSecret fans (or, I guess, people interested in the human condition) to visit. I actually came to post because I was thinking of submitting, but then I realized I hadn't complemented rach.the.emobear on what a great job she (I think, :P) has done.

So anyway . . . really super excellent work, loved it, anyone who is thinking about it should visit. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Replete Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much guys! And over 60 secrets posted! 
  • The trigger warning floor now has a list of hotline numbers-for suicide, sexual abuse, drug abuse and a few other things. 
  • BUMP! I love getting secrets! Mail them to me or submit via surveymonkey! Glitchen also love reading your secrets :)
  • These are so sad, but really nice. :) I think this was a great idea!
    Posted 11 years ago by ꘑ ShadowCat2 ꖘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omg I love this!! I was wondering if I could help you in anyway??? this is sooo cool!
    Posted 11 years ago by menthia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is really cool. One of the secrets made me really really sad and upset, but, it was in the trigger warning area, so I have no right to complain :P thank you for your hard work on this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Menthia- I am always looking for notepole donations!

Kurtie- some of the secrets are definitely upsetting, I am hoping to make another trigger warning floor so I can separate the suicide/mental illness secrets from the violence/sexual assault ones. Do you think that would be helpful?

Also, I recently got 5 secrets via packages left with my butler, 4 of these were in note form. This is a drag for me because notes are not super easy to discard and I have to copy and paste it into a new note. Also, if you leave it with my butler-I will probably not send you currants because it is harder to reply to messages left with a butler. If you do not care about currants and want to leave a message with my butler-that's fine :) 
  • I definitely think that would be helpful! The one that upset me wasn't a suicide/mental illness, but more of a general violence one that hit a little close to home. But, like I said, that was my own fault ^_^
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really nice idea! Going to tour right now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kurtie + everyone else, if you have any ideas about how to improve the tower's organization-please let me know! 
  • can i pass it the note to your butler instead of mailing it?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • From the descriptions of Trigger Warning, I didn't expect to find homophobia in there.  Or rather, I didn't expect to find an unapologetic homophobe's perspective on it.  In hindsight I should probably have taken "Please procede with caution when checking out this floor because they can be upsetting." to have a more general meaning, not just as a reference to the fact that rape, violence, and suicide are upsetting.  But in case someone else might be about to be blindsided in the same way, I decided to post this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Impspindle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh! I'll try to donate (I'm quite poor :( ) Anyway, what will you do once you run out of room?
    Posted 11 years ago by menthia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kristabel- you can do that, I prefer if you put it in the form of a message to my butler instead of a package with a note. 

Impspindle- I decided to put that note in the top floor because I thought it might upset some people. I also put the note about the cat in the trigger warning section even though it isn't about sexual assault/suicide/violence. If anyone has any ideas about organization of not just the trigger warning floor but the secrets as a whole-please let me know! 

Menthia- I think I can fit at least 50 more secrets in the tower, as I get more I will change floor 2 into a secret floor and I can expand up once more. I can also fit a ton of note poles on one floor if necessary. 

To everyone: I have gotten like 10 secrets that are basically "I am 12/13 and am too young to be playing this game" I have posted 3 of these and decided not to post the others because they were getting so repetitive. With that said, I don't want anyone to feel like I didn't post their secret-feelings about this? 

Also, if you use surveymonkey and request that I put an expensive item up above your secret-I probably won't, I will just post your secret. 
  • New Secrets added! Plus I labeled all of the secrets in the trigger warning floor with their specific trigger warning :) 
  • new secrets! bumpity bump bump
  • Rach, regarding getting repetitive secrets from the 12/13-year-olds, maybe you could do one note in your tower with multiple secrets on it?
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pii- that's a good idea :)
  • Let me know if you need materials to build an extra floor, some more note poles, sdb's, items or whatever you need. Keep up the good work:)
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump! Please submit to GlitchSecret before Glitch closes! last chance for people to see your secrets!
  • Bumpy Bump. This was heavy and emotional. For anyone who posted a secret I read, I feel you. It's ok.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sewer Subscriber! | Permalink