Topic

Hi Badges Strategy *now live*

**EDIT 2**

Hi all,

After giving the first method a shot, let's try Zadow's idea.  So at the start of a new Glitch day until a half hour in real time, meet at Axle Dently's street (perhaps we can organize a rotation of streets later).  First person there is the "infector."  Make sure that you haven't said "hi" yet before you get there. 

~Ari  :)

************************************************ignore below for now*************************************

Hello fellow Glitchens,

I was just thinking of a strategy to get Hi Badges.  The difficulties lie in only being able to give a "hi" sign to one person once per game day.  I noticed that people would coordinate Hi parties, but they were limited by who you knew and the time that you logged on.  So I was thinking that there should be a way that transcends those limitations.  Here is my proposal and tell me what you think:

Several home streets are designated - one home street for one particular sign.  So when you log on, and you say "hi" to your butler, you'll know what sign you are that day.  Find the home street that matches your sign, and hi-away!  That way, there doesn't need to be any "conversions" to another hi sign, and no accidental run-ins with people who have a different sign.

Okay, if this sounds good to you, I will need your help.  We will need 11 Glitchens who are not on any routes, and each will be designated with one of these signs:

1. Flowers: Axle Dently
2. Birds: Miss Peacock
3. Bats: Sharmy Knope
4. HIs: ricepapergirl
5. Hearts: wuilyl
6. Cubes: Horakeley
7. Butterflies: Myookat
8. Rockets: ~Annie~
9. Pigs: Robin Beeswax
10. Stars: Hanael
11. Hands: Kurtie

If you want to volunteer your home street, please reply below.  Thank you!  :D

**EDIT 1**  Peak times are at the start of a new Glitch day and lasting until a half hour in real time.

Posted 11 years ago by Ari Cloud Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• i'll join :)
    but i'm on some routes.
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like this idea! I'm on routes too, but I'd like to join. Since we don't need to use signposts for this (every one only needs one on any given day!) do you really need this restriction? If 11 non-routers volunteer then I don't mind, but I'm willing to be any of the signs :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll do it! :) I'd like 'hand' hi signs on my street, and am not on any routes. Just might have to move my yellow crumb to my backyard though, just in case.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Added Kurtie, thx!
  • I don't mind volunteering my street, I'm not on any routes as of now, but I am with the visiting stones, does that count? :)
    Posted 11 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ill join :D
    Posted 11 years ago by wuilyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm on routes, but I would be willing to offer up my street for this too, I think it's a great idea.  I'm not sure why routes would matter unless you want to help some additional people get more visitors, if that's the case, I'm fine with not using my street and I think this is a good idea. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Horakely Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am also on routes but would be happy to join - don't see why being on a route would clash with this project.
    Posted 11 years ago by MyooKat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll join, and birds seems like the natural choice ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll join, I'm not on any routes. Flowers would be great ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Axle Dently Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The issue with home streets that are already on a route (or is part of the visiting stones list) is that you may get a guest who is unaware of the party going on, participates and converts your hi sign to something else.  But we can experiment and see if it actually makes an impact. 

So those who volunteered your street and didn't specify a sign, I gave you a random one.  :)  Let me know if you would like to be changed.

Need two more volunteers.  :)
  • Yes! Bats are my favourite :D

Ari - I don't think you need to worry about that. If someone was a bat for the day and decided to come to my street to wait around for other bats, no other (egg-route related) visitor could affect them. If they get assigned a bat accidentally, then it's not a problem - they're on a good street for it!
  • That is so cool. Looking forward to using this "route"
    Posted 11 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm willing to join. I might be on one route if anything, but would love to join this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Robin Beeswax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can volunteer my street (stars?) if you're still in need of more stops. :3 I'm not on any route.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hanael Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, all volunteers added.  :)  Post here if there needs to be changes or improvements.
  • Yay this is cool! I better put up a sign on my home street when I get home.
    Posted 11 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am not on any routes and would like to volunteer!
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not on any routes, happy to volunteer!
    Posted 11 years ago by knitmeapony Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, I guess I can't read! I am on routes, feel free to give my spot to one of the others that volunteered!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am not on any route, and would be more than happy to volunteer my street.  I will also take my street off of random visitors if necessary.  Just send me a message and let me know.  (I also have the Glitch App which I check for messages frequently so I'll try to get back to you if need be.)  =3

~Berry
    Posted 11 years ago by Strawberry Mousse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump - as it's a good idea
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wondered how well this is working. Maybe announcing peak service times might help?

For instance: congregation is encouraged for every 6 hours of the game day?

i.e. Show up between 6:00 am and 6:30 am, then at 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm, then at 6:00pm to 6:30 pm, and then again around the time the day changes.

Or is that too prescriptive to work? i just thought having an idea of when other people are likely to be there, may make it easier
    Posted 11 years ago by Jugni Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or even congregation encouraged during the first 30 minutes of a game day? That way there are fewer timezone conversion issues. It's also right after the new hi-sign gets assigned and presumably fresh on peoples' minds.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hanael Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have tried it a couple of times and never anyone there. Don't remember what time of the Ur day I appeared but was bored after awhile and left.

I think getting a time window would be good. At the start of the new glitch day and for that next half hour real time.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah same here. tried a few times but no-one else there

A time window is definitely needed
  • I'd like to sign up for the 'dongs' hi sign.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tried it once by announcing in Global and linking the person's street (as I used to do with my own street before this system) and about 6 people showed up. It was good fun. I think it's just about being lucky in terms of how many people are online. Also, if we can spread the word of this to more people then hopefully more people will just go visit the home streets and we can hopefully have a better spread over the game day.
  • We can try Tibbi's idea of having the times between the start of a new glitch day until a half hour real time.

Also, it may be the case that Sharmy has mentioned - advertisement is needed.
  • Since I joined this, people have come to my street and stolen all of my herbs without replanting, even though I have several notes. Could you please add an edit to your post to respect each others streets? I signed up for this so I could help other people who need hi badges and such, not to be taken advantage of :/ and its not like I can ban anyone, since so many names show up in my who visited. Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry Kurtie :(
  • There's a better strategy that I haven't read in this thread yet, so it surprises me.

When the New Day begins, and you have not used the Hi Sign yet, you can be *INFECTED* by somebody else's Hi Sign.

If a large group met on one street, and didn't use Hi Sign yet, one person can infect others, then it would spread like the zombie apocalypse.  So, feel free to plan for that!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zadow, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Let's try Zadow's idea.  :)
  • Ari Cloud wrote: Hi Badges Strategy *now live* 

**EDIT 2** Hi all, After giving the first method a shot, let's try Zadow's idea.  So at the start of a new Glitch day until a half hour in real time, meet at Axle Dently:'s street (perhaps we can organize a rotation of streets later).  First person there is the "infector."  Make sure that you haven't said "hi" yet before you get there.  ~Ari  :)
  • I had no idea our hi sign for the day could change...
    Posted 11 years ago by Gruff McGruff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Hi Sign for the Day can be determined by that Home Street's Butler, so the First person should be infected by that Butler.

Make sure you are on a safe street before coming over.  When you teleport there, just wait a minute and somebody will tag you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zadow, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm here - Axle Dently's
    Posted 11 years ago by Webbie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still waiting?
    Posted 11 years ago by Webbie Subscriber! | Permalink