Topic

GLITCH AWARDS 2012 - VOTES ACCEPTED HERE (complete list with links)

RELEVANT INFORMATION:
-you can also vote via surveymonkey.
-if you have already voted via surveymonkey, THERE IS NO NEED TO VOTE AGAIN. however, if there are categories you skipped, you may vote for them here. votes will only be counted once.
-PICK ONE FROM EACH CATEGORY. if you choose more than one, only the first listed will be counted.
-this list was compiled from the nominations posted here. nominations are now closed, but if there are mistakes of any kind, please send me mail. (do not comment. well, do whatever you want, but i might not read it in time.) i've included links wherever i could. if there is no link, it means i couldn't figure out who or what you were talking about using glitch's search feature.
-DON'T BOO, VOTE!

GLITCH OF THE YEAR:
AngelTeri
Amelia-Fae
Atlantis
Bachjess♫♫♪
Boom and Bust
Faereluth
FyodorD
gizzy
Hellyeah
Herr Jim
Knight Rider
Loupin
Maeberry
moucri
OMG BACON!!
Pinkie Pinkston
Sadie the Goat
Selle
Sirentist
Spark
Taztaboo
Thursday Soleil
TomC
Voluptua Sneezelips

BEST HOME STREET:
CoffeeSnob
Dartha
Jellybelly Baby
lizzard
Miss Melody
Loupin
Lucidess
Piece of Serenity
Sir Flatulence
sudv

BEST RESOURCE ROUTE:
Chaos Route
CLCS Express
Crops
Free Range Piggies
Furniture Maker's Route
Furniture Route
Gas
Gassy Jack
Herb gardens
Herb route
PB&J
Riscy
Serious Beans
Serious Metal Route
Serious Routes
Sparkly

BEST GUIDE/GREETER:
Atlantis
Bachjess♫♫♪
Brib Annie
Liza Throttlebottom
Lord Bacon-o
MisAdventure
phelps.mike
Piece of Serenity
Varaeth
Voluptua Sneezelips
Zany Serendipity

BEST STAFF MEMBER:
Bees!
Herp Derp
Jade
kevbob
Kukubee
Little Poundcake
Mart Lume
MrConkin
Rascalmom
sugarQb
stoot barfield

MOST HELPFUL GLITCH:
Amelia-Fae
~Arabesque~
Artistech
Atlantis
Bachjess♫♫♪
burdger
Cleops
Cryztal
Dartha
Eleanor Rigby
FlatEarther
gill2
gizzy
Hellyeah
Jessenya
Jewel Stoned
Joy
Kadi
litlc
Lord Bacon-o
Pinkie Pinkston
Splendora
Stuv
Talaria Wingfoot
Taztaboo
Tricia McMillan
UXRoot
Voluptua Sneezelips
Zany Serendipity

COOLEST NAME:

Abby Cadabra
bored no more
Calliope the Mighty
Dagnabbit Rabbit
Everybody
Ganesha
Gassy Jack
Gertie Mack
Guided by Foxes
Hell's Bartender
Jellybelly Baby
jerk nugget
Jesus Christ
LeeLu Multi Pass
Liza Throttlebottom
mostlyArmless
Munchma Kuchi
nobody
OMG BACON!!
Persephone Pear
Pickle Bob
Piddleton
Santa Clause
Sausage Teats
Sheogorath
SwimmerinJaws
TotallyMentalMommy
total.rebel
TransplantedEntwife
Twinkle the Brave
UnawareWolf
Voluptua Sneezelips
XD
Your Mom

COOLEST TOWER:

Amelia-Fae
Atlantis
Bachjess♫♫♪
Biofellis
Cephaloplastica
Cleops
Faereluth
FyodorD
Fyxxen
Gwynne
Loupin
Piece of Serenity
rach.the.emobear
RoboYeti
Sasca
Sirentist
Voluptua Sneezelips

COOLEST HOUSE:

Amelia-Fae
Atlantis
Baby Pip
CoffeeSnob
FyodorD
Ladyhawke
Miss Melody
Mistress*of*Fishies
Piece of Serenity
RoboYeti
Selle

BEST OUTFIT:
Amelia-Fae
Blubbaray
CoffeeSnob
Count Battra
Diablo
ElleD
Gassy Jack
Gwynne
Hell's Bartender
Lilu Cheng
Muncey Mango
Oristia
Piddleton
Santa Clause
Selle
stoot barfield
stripe/shrimp
The Pheebs
Ultra-Dynamic
Voluptua Sneezelips
Wyatt Taylor
Yeti Spaghetti

BEST GROUP:

Civility
Game of Crowns
Glitch Strategy
Housing Resource Routes
PBMS
Rook Alerts
Santa's Little Helpers

Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Amelia Fae for best tower.
    Posted 11 years ago by Legolad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do I get to "re-vote" myself for coolest name lol...since i wasn't on the ballot when it came out. Just asking ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • pickle bob, i remade this list to include those who were left out :)

you, everybody, nobody, and total.rebel are now included - so i will count a vote for you for your name i assume ;D
  • LOL thank you ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please note: I am not a guide. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @VS - i noticed there was some discussion about greeters/guides/etc in the other thread but since there was no official greeter category i felt bad leaving you out altogether so anyone nominated for greeter i just stuck in that category. apologies if that just worsens the confusion! i also am unsure how to tell, unless someone mentions it in their little byline, who is or is not a greeter/guide/just helpful/etc. as a general Q, is this info i can discern from a profile?
  • Battra really should win some sort of best outfit award.
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PIF3OC...

Scariest cult following award?
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I see no option for Little Poundcake on surveymonkey!
    I vote her for killing stoot.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @seerqueen - there were a few complaints about people getting left out from the original nominations (understandably, my eyes did start to blur putting this together, lol) so you can vote here :D
  • Hiya jerk nugget: You can't discern from profiles who's a greeter or guide. Here's the difference, though, if you're curious:

Greeters and Guides are the 2 volunteer positions that players can apply for and be invited to fill (though realistically, I think many, many players informally take on these roles as well just by wandering around the world and participating in chats). For those that apply for the formal positions, here's the difference between the two:

Greeters are those that welcome new players to the world and give them a little bit of an orientation (if desired). Used to be that players got a popup box asking if they'd like to summon a greeter; nowadays, new players get a 'Greeter Twig' when leaving Gentle Island that they can use to summon a greeter when they're ready. There's no visible tag in chat that distinguishes someone as a greeter. When a greeter is on duty and available to take greets, we get a little popup that summons us when someone activates their twig.

Guides are the folks you see in the Live Help channel with a badge in front of their name that says (you guessed it!) "Guide". They're the official player experts that are available to assist players with questions (supported by the rest of the players that hang out in there); they also have greater access to staff than your average player if the question is more technical or requires staff help.

There's some overlap in the membership of the greeters and guides--but not all greeters are guides, and not all guides are greeters. There seems to be some general confusion about the difference between the two categories; hope the above helps.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why am I on the "glitch of the year" nominee page? No one nominated me! I demand me name to be taken down from there! *shakes fist*
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Vol - that was brilliant - are you a guide? :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I nominated you OMG BACON . you goof.
    Posted 11 years ago by gizzy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Since we now know what a guide is and a greeter.
    Maybe you should take down names that are not guides.
    It wouldnt be fair to the guides. Just saying. Thanks Sneezelips
  • I vote for Arabesque for being so helpful and kind!
    Posted 11 years ago by Charliesmom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not a guide either :) Greeter yes, guide no :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am not a guide :) I am a greeter. I was asked but I declined months ago. But thanks for the ppl who mentioned my name, it can be confusing.:D
    Posted 11 years ago by Atlantis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't get a link? Dang :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch of the Year: Hellyeah. He has organized such things as the Rainbow Youth Fun Run and the iSwagUr Piggy Races. Sure, he thinks that he's a loner, but we know differently don't we?  :)
    Best Home Street: CoffeeSnob Of course I'd vote for my street.... It's my favorite one!  ;)
    BEST RESOURCE ROUTE:  Chaos Route  CLCS Express I like our route. I think that it's the bestestest.
    Best Guide/Greeter: Varaeth Who doesn't like good chicken when they're learning something?
    Best Staff Member: MrConkin Cuz
    Most Helpful Glitch: Voluptua Sneezelips
    Best Name: Munchma Kuchi
    Best Tower: Fyxxen
    Coolest House: CoffeeSnob
    Best Outfit: Stoot Barfield
    Best Group: HRR
    Posted 11 years ago by CoffeeSnob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @VS - thank you so much for the detailed response! definitely clears things up for me a bit :)

@gizzy - i would make separate categories or delete them altogether in favor of "most helpful" but a.) this is not my poll and b.) the surveymonkey poll has already taken votes which will be counted so for this one i just left everyone in. but i'm sure all of this will be useful for next time :D ETA: we have changed the category both here & on surveymonkey to "best guide/greeter" :)

@jessenya - fixed!! there was a typo in your name (whether it was me or whoever nominated you, my eyes did start to fuzz over creating this, heh) so when i pasted it into the search box nothing came up, and i didn't know where to start to make a guess. sorry!
  • There are quite a few greeters who turned down the Guide designation, but both perform the same friendly helpful service, just in different forms.  No need to sweat about it. The whole voting for bestest is silly to begin with. 
    Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • IF this had been for things like favorite NPC, Event, Area in game, Giant, Feat, Holiday,Animal,  things like that I'd be ok with this. However this wasn't the case. Groups you'd have to belong to, to even KNOW anything about them, or had to be IN / On someones House, Tower , Home Street  to even know what they/it looked like, so how can anyone vote fairly when you haven't even seen or been there? As for voting best Glitch for this or that, I'm really hoping you don't do this again, it's not Glitchy at all...its Anti-Glitch. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if it's not your cup of tea, you don't have to vote, or you can make your own awards poll! it's all meant to be in good fun. i'm new to glitch and have really enjoyed this - it gave me new players to check out and towers to visit. (though i agree if this were my poll i would have removed the 'best house' category as not everyone can just click through and check it out, but if it's easy to visit a tower or a home street - i even spent a long time yesterday adding in all the links to save you a click, the location based ones go right to the page where you can click to visit their street.)

also, i think it's nice to have a place where people could nominate those that were really helpful to them. i imagine even if they don't win "it would be an honor just to be nominated." i joke a little, obv, but seriously. it's always nice to be recognized for helping someone enjoy the game more - whether it be as an official greeter/guide/staff member, or for all the hours you put in to an installation in your tower for all to enjoy, etc.

really i don't understand how recognizing some of your favorite people is anti-glitch at all. nominations were open to everyone, and there's not even a huge grand prize or anything. it's just for fun!
  • Hey! jerk nugget!! (I kind of enjoy yelling that.)
    Thanks for putting this together. Mostly it was fun, though I had a really hard time picking ONE favorite glitch.  >.<

And I agree that there's nothing anti-glitch about this as it is player-generated. (Though I would certainly not want to see the devs institute this as an official ballot.)
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @kastlin - always yell jerk nugget! or "jerk nuggets" a la "aw shucks." ;D

also, i agree - i would not care to see a staff/dev developed poll of this sort, but i think it's fun for users to give a shout out to their other favorite players and helpers.
  • I realise this wasn't an "official" poll. That wasn't my point, my point was you'd have to join each  group to check them out, go to every single route, go to every single tower, house, or street to do the same, interact with all the Glitchen nominated for various things, minus appearance and name. Theres no way everyone DID all that. In turn most ppl HAD to of voted blindly without checking out things. With other things you would of had to of interacted with the person to know anything about them. So instead you have ppl voting for names they know , and thats about it. And i don't see it as much of a shout out or whatever to ppl when the polls bias to begin with. So between confusion & bias and the fact that i don't think these types of polls have a place in Glitch( it doesn't matter that it was offsite you posted it HERE) Next time if theres  a poll thats NOT a favortism mess, thats fine, until then, realise this type of a poll is flawed in more than quite a few ways, and yes i already said WHY.
  • Me for coolest name, everything else I voted for is on surveymonkey.
    Posted 11 years ago by total.rebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @gizzy: You nominated me for best name, not for best glitch award! :D Not that I deserve either, but I'm wondering why my name was up there for both.
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Every Glitch who plays, enjoys, contributes is a Glitch Of The Year
    ...or are we trying to recreate high school popularity contests? 
    bleh. 
    Me = going underground for a while.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ryuu Maru Roth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lyrical and anyone else who's having a go at this. I put this up for a little bit of fun, and to be honest a little bit of remembrance, now catogaries and people were removed for certain reason such as greeters as it is a secret group. I have really put a lot of work into this and into doing stuff all over glitch for glitchmas and I'd appreciate it for people to not go on about every little petty thing. I've had it up to pretty much here (the top) now and it's getting to the point where this is not fun for me anymore because of all the silly little petty things. This is 2 threads that has been pretty much derailed and I am FED UP of everything at the moment, so politely please post here if you are voting or want to make a sensible constructive critisizm that I can actually use or just a nice comment

Thank you
    James
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i'm with santa on this one.

there were plenty of comments (i know because i read every single one to make this post) where people said "i vote/nominate [x] because they really made [x part of the game] awesome for me."

as to the rest, it's not like any other poll is any different. hell, it's not like the people even voting for president all knew about all of the issues. obviously we all think this game and everyone in it is just swell or we wouldn't be here. it's hardly a popularity contest imo, if people recognize names it's because they see this person doing stuff in glitch all the time. for instance, i saw a lot of people in my timeline talking about amelia-fae's tower. i checked it out because of that and it was awesome and you can tell how much love and time she puts into her stuff. if she becomes/is "popular" because of that, good for her, she deserves it! i just...this whole 'popularity contest' stuff, from a noob's perspective even, truly baffles me.
  • OMG BACON I nominated you for both.
    Cause you have a really cool name . I love bacon. Your super nice.
    I named you Glitch of the year because I see participating a lot of things.
    I see your name a lot.
  • We have had 230 responses so far to the survey.

great going :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Santa Clause, you've actually been given constructive criticism from myself in the Nominations thread and from Lyrical Dejavu and David Ryuu Roth. In fact, people who are now going off to see some of the great towers are in fact STEALING decorations which, is like I said, promoting griefing among other things.

Also, I feel that any group that's not open to the public (ie Civility needs to be joined via an application, it's not an open group) should not be included either. if you can't see a group's discussions or anything to know what they're about, why have them on there?

Also, FYI, I did vote, but I still don't like this sort of popularity contest and really think it draws away from the fact that not everyone wants/needs to be recognized for their great efforts. People who KNOW they're great at what they do and help others in are satisfied in knowing what they've done is great. That, in itself, is the greatest recognition. 

I wholeheartily support what others have said before me, and was the first to say in the nominations thread that this whole idea is silly, childish, and one great big huge popularity contest and opens peoples streets and towers to having things taken off them. So thanks, for making more work for those who've tried to make things enjoyable for others.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel I have to weigh in some thoughts here. And before you say, Oh she's only supporting this because she's one of the nominees, I would hasten to say that even if i were not a nominee, responses to this and the previous thread would still have rubbed my fur the wrong way.

While some of the responses have indeed been constructive criticism, some others have not been. I would add that some responses seem to be fueled on a purely emotional level and are no way constructive.

Whatever your feelings, all the creator of the poll was doing was trying to spread a bit of fun, of this i have no doubt. He has and had the best of intentions.

So, as I'm heavily associated with the Civility group, I have to say some responses have been less then civil or indeed constructive.

Thank you for trying to make Ur a better place, each and every one of you in your own way. That is all.

Sincerely,

Bachjess
    Posted 11 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "You've been given constructive criticism...."   Frankly, not having a dog in this hunt, I see the criticism as merely negative opinion.  The nominating is casual good fun, absolutely not in any way official Glitch action, and highlights the names of many of the most active helpful friendly players.  Naturally there are a ton of players whose names are not there, and who are also active, helpful and friendly, but that's life - both RL and Glitch life.  If you don't want to participate, then don't.  As far as people stealing from towers, that's happened long before this thread and will continue to happen long after this thread is forgotten.  Do you have any proof that people have specifically visited towers of persons nominated here for the purpose of stealing from them, that they would not have visited those towers anyway in the course of Glitch travel, and that they would not have stolen from those towers had they not seen the persons nominated here?????  Using that reasoning, all forums should be taken down because anytime a player posts in a public forum, their name becomes known to all who read the post, thus increasing the "risk" of more visitors, including thieving visitors.
    As for the charge of favoritism, any nomination for anything anywhere anytime is and always has been a matter of favoritism.  For example, given a group of 100 people in a club, and nominations are made for president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, refreshment chairperson, etc., the persons nominated are going to be those who have been active and visible to the majority of the membership.  Sure, there'll always be those who are quietly behind-the-curtain active, but unless they become visibly active, they're rarely recognized and nominated.  Glitch reflects Real Life.  And life has never been, is not now, and never will be a totally level playing field, never totally and completely equal because people are so variable and unpredictable.   "Bias" is in the eye of the beholder, and it is a normal part of RL.  I am "biased" in favor of my last mail carrier who was always on time, friendly and cheerful, and drove slow.  I am "biased" against my new mail carrier who is an hour or two late, grumpy, and drives too fast down our rural road.  If the post office decided to have a casual fun contest for the best carrier, guess who I would nominate?  And even though there's a ton of equally great mail carriers in town, I wouldn't nominate any of those because I don't know them.  Sooooo, by the standards of the complainers here, there should never be any contests ever, period.  
    Ah, but it would be OK to nominate Glitch official events, areas in the game, etc.  Wait!!!!  I haven't participated in every event, visited every area.  So by the same standards, any and all contests involving those things would also be unfair since I (and other glitchies, I claim) have also not participated in everything everywhere every time.
    This event never promised that every single person on Glitch would be equally nominated - thousands and thousands and thousands of Glitchies, all equally named to every single category, whether they're new or longtime, whether they're totally silent and never speak to anyone or they're highly interactive, whether they've never shared so much as a bean with a fellow player or have freely shared everything they have....  
    Soooo, can we please just enjoy this, and those who do not wish to participate, please move on.  Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not gonna comment on the actual thing itself and haven't read any of the comments above yet, etc. as I was a bit late realising this thing existed but I think all names need to be hyperlinked as they are all familiar and friendly names and people in the Glitch world:

Lucidess (okay, this is always a tough one to find)
    Maeberry
    Sasca (has deleted her account) which is unusual as she still has animals in her front yard and a tower full of stuff for sale. Anyone know if she plays under a different name now?

For the record - In the past year and a bit playing the game I have grown to admire and respect all the people who play this game. I have taken something useful from each interaction and experience whether good or bad and really value the melting pot that it is the Glitch community for introducing me to new and interesting things on a daily basis.

(Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a hippy dippy hug the dolphins type of person, but like many others the last year has been tougher than most and I don't know whether I would have carried on as gracefully without Glitch and the people who play it).

Cleops [who is still heart broken the Sloth Knockers virtual Glitch band never won album of the year, but will use this anguish to fuel their highly anticipated upcoming 2nd album of love ballads]
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The reason a poll concerning in world places/animals/NPC's/Events etc, is much more balanced is the fact that those things are 
    1. Much more likely everyone had been there, or experienced these things, easier to investigate as you don't have to belong to the group already or use a route regularly to know what its about, than ppls Home Streets, Houses, Routes, Groups or Towers, and NOT having to of met the ppl to know anything about them.
    2. Voting on things in Ur, doesn't involve ppls names. 

Most people in this game are friendly, giving, helpful Glitchen, this detracts from the nice community that we have. So to everyone that is helpful, which BTW is a gazillion times longer than this list, Thank You!!!
  • I am one of the nominees for best tower - I know full well that the other nominee's for this category are wayyyy better known than I am in game so I don't have any delusions of winning etc, but, being nominated has made me smile, because I love my tower and decorating is one of my favourite favourite pass times, so to be recognised by others for this was a huge confidence boost. 

Thanks to this competition I have met some awesome people, who have popped by to visit,and see my tower rooms, and I think I have made some new glitchy friends to bounce around with - which in turn makes me smile :)
    I also have visited all the other towers in the list - and there is some awesome towers out there! 

I must admit seeing my name in other categories has puzzled me, as I really do just jump about and decorate lol - but it's nice all the same.

I know there seems to be a lot of negative responses here to the vote - but I just wanted to put a positive currant in what feels like a luxury fruitcake of contention :)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posted 11 years ago by Amelia-Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i can't keep my mouth shut, i just need to post that basically saying santa (or i) am promoting stealing from people's towers is complete and total bullshit, and really hurtful bullshit at that.
  • Lol i help out alot in glitch but im not popular like stoot barfield or OMG BACON!!!! so i wasn't nominated 
    Posted 11 years ago by zoey10189st Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am grateful to be nominated for "Most Helpful Glitch" . To be nominated and counted,  and have my name amongst such wonderful Glitchen is an honor for me. I thank whomever nominated me and thank all of those whom I have had an honor to assist.  This is a true blessing indeed. 

PS: have your Avatar say my name! see what happens. JOY! : )
    Posted 11 years ago by Joy Subscriber! | Permalink