Topic

Come sing?

I was thinking... wouldn't it be wonderful to all sing Goodnight, Groddle together? 
I don't care if whether you sing well. Will you add your voice? Listen to it www.glitch-strategy.com/wik... to learn it and get an idea of how fast (tempo) to sing it. I've had this little dream for a while, and decided it would be especially fitting now that we'll soon say "Goodnight, Groddle" for the last time. You could upload to SoundCloud, YouTube or wherever- I'd just love if we could do this together.
I'll record myself later today or tomorrow- have to leave right now.
Love you all!

Edit: Saro has made a wonderful backing track and is pasting vocals over it. Thank you so much! <3 http://soundcloud.com/saro1/goodnight-groddle-backing

Edit again: Saro's backing is not in the original key. It's in C. You can record in either, though, because Saro might make two versions. Thanks for singing, everyone! I'm so happy people are joining in:)

Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • I'm working on this at the moment. I've recorded myself twice actually, to cover some uncertainties in my first rendition. I'd also like to sing a lower line (as the chosen key is a bit high for me) but I can't get a full octave down so I'd like to harmonise - would that be ok? I'm singing along with the backing-and-three-vocals version so it all pretty much fits in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alright, I did this in the original key for two reasons.  One, I'm an alto.  Two, I like the original key better.  Heh.  Feel free to do with it what you will. 

soundcloud.com/sweet_tanger...
    Posted 11 years ago by Sweet Tangerine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey guys, since people have put forward recordings in both keys, I'm probably (when I get the time) going to make two versions, one in each key. So feel free to do this in either Ab or C depending on what's comfortable for you!

Also, harmonies would be awesome :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Saro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I'd really love to do this.  Unfortunately, the file I just recorded is very hard to hear and has a ton of extra noise.  Not sure what I can do to fix it, but I'll try to figure something out.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sanami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used the original key because I needed to hear the melody while recording, but it was pretty low for me... So I chose to harmonize a few notes up that fit me better (also I did it because it was fun! :P). But if it doesn't work out well, you can just ignore that track, I recorded a regular one too.

Harmony: http://soundcloud.com/gurgelin/gng-music-block-sung-by
    Regular: soundcloud.com/gurgelin/gng...

The volume is pretty low, because my mic is baaad. Sorry.. :) :-*
    Posted 11 years ago by Skrellen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Edited the OP with the notice about it being in a different key.
    You all sound lovely. Thank you so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hope I'm not too late with these!

Here's my one in the original key: http://soundcloud.com/dazyndara/dazyndara-gng-original-pitch
    and in the new key: http://soundcloud.com/dazyndara/dazyndara-gng-new-pitch
    Posted 11 years ago by dazyndara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey guys, putting more parts together right now. A few of you don't seem to have enabled me to download your tracks, so I haven't been able to add them in. Let me know somehow if you change that setting!
  • @Saro, oops! Should be fixed now. Didn't even know that was a thing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bonten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not many new people for the C version yet, but here's the Ab version so far! With 7 Glitchen's voices!

soundcloud.com/saro1/goodni...
  • starting to sound kinda cool!
    maybe you'll have to cut/retime each one though so they can synchronize perfectly
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a great idea! I'm late to the party, I know, but I just saw this thread and I had to take a crack at it. Here's mine:
    https://soundcloud.com/ysethegreat/gng-by-yse-the-great
    (Sung in Lelu's original key because OMG, A FELLOW ALTO!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Yse The Great Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Lemo I've been trying to do that, but people held on words for different lengths so it's a bit tricky! :)
  • Ok, I think this is as good as I'm going to get it, fuzziness or no: https://soundcloud.com/silvertwilight05/gng-sanami
  • I know I'm a little late on this, but did anyone draw up any sheet music for the melody? 
    Posted 11 years ago by ishtartlet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still want to do this, though I don't know that my laptop is up for recording it.  (I have a very dear friend who runs a karaoke business, and I'm having to fight the urge to ask if he'd be willing to build me a CD+G file...he's done them before for other things, but they're time-consuming.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kshandra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, allowed downloads on my file.  Sorry about that, Saro!
  • Hi everyone, it is done!

Here's the final version, in the original key since people seemed to prefer it. I've done my best to sync everyone up!

soundcloud.com/saro1/goodni...
  • I got goosebumps and teared up.  Beautiful, everyone.
    Posted 11 years ago by aliquot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww wish I could have been part of it, but I was hesitant...oh well I probably would have botched the whole thing anyway lol.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hollyhawk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sweet to hear your voices sing these words! Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was so beautiful! *crying again*
    Nice work, Saro!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So beautiful… I wanted to take part, but only now I repaired my mike and resolved my issues with background noise. So sad I didn’t make it, heh…
    Posted 11 years ago by Asthner Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next