Topic

Multi-Tower Murder Mystery AKA Giant Glitch Project That Sadly will never make it to Ur...

But I still wanted you all to see the progress I had made on it anyway. I have been working, for the better part of a month, on creating a Murder Mystery/Clue style game that would be played in towers.

Now, seeing that I don't really have the time to see it come to fruition without asking a huge task from all the beautiful people who were willing to help me with it, I still want to share it with all of you. Before I post the link, I want to give credit where credit is due -

Huge thanks to -

FyodorD and Voluptua Sneezelips for inspiring me when they vaguely described what turned out to be this.

FyodorD (again) and Saucelah/Red Sauce for being my sounding boards and cheering section.

All the people who were willing to make an alternate character and build it to level 18 just for me on nothing more than "I have a really cool and fun secret project that I'd like to get started, but I need TONS of help" - Ayasta, Oopsy Daisy, Varaeth, Anathema Blutwurst, and meridith

All the members of PBMS who were willing to (and did) donate materials to create towers for those characters created by the people above - most notably acronymph, who already filled at least one bigger bag of supplies for me.

And now, without further ado, I bring you the Murder Mystery (in progress).

Posted 11 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Whoa, no way, I'm doing the exact same thing! Well, sort of...not using actual people and only in my tower. My tower is currently being turned into a clue-style murder mystery with clues hidden around it. Great minds I guess!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's so funny!

This was the small idea - the large idea was to ultimately create a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style game that could be played through homestreets and towers but I thought that was way too massive to start up before seeing if people were willing to jump around 8 different towers in order to solve a crime.

I'm glad that I got enough of it down on paper that it can at least be visualized.
  • Much love.
    Posted 11 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would have loved this, well done, it's wonderful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG!  My regret that this will not come to pass is not the smallest part of what I will miss about the closing...
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazing!:)
    Posted 11 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, how wonderful it would have been.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cinnamon Petrichor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you to all of you for reading and loving this. It makes the time I spent on it feel more valuable than if it had come to be.
  • (((hug))) this sounds so very amazing!
    Posted 11 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting idea Kristen Marie. Sorry all your hard work will not be able to be fully explored.
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for sharing this--it would have been so much fun!

Yet another reason why I will miss this place so very much...
    Posted 11 years ago by Georgia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awww Kristen Marie. What a wonderful thing. I'm so sorry we won't be able to see it in UR and play it. As Georgia said, another reason to miss Glitch. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If anyone is interested, my murder mystery tower is now open. It's a similar, but different idea.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Miss Peacock, I will definitely check it out the next time I log in! Thank you for sharing it. :)
  • KM, that's so great :)

Thanks for sharing the idea we hoped to be a part of - I'm sorry it couldn't come to fruition, it looks awesome
    Posted 11 years ago by Oopsy Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much, Daisy. It means a lot to hear.