Topic

Project to Save Full Size Images / Snaps for Every Location in Glitch (Information and List Inside)

Finished Template Snaps:

Main Directory: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2j883r0x4qnlm6/Qm56_Put20/glitch/FullStreetTemplates?lst

Contents:

1. Alakol
  2. Andra
  3. Aranna
  4. Balzare
  5. Baqala
  6. Besara
  7. Bortola
  8. Brillah
  9. Bureaucratic Hall
  10. Callopee
  11. Cauda
  12. Chakra Phool
  13. Choru
  14. Cosma Testing
  15. Drifa
  16. Fenneq
  17. Firozi
  18. Folivoria
  19. Groddle Forest
  20. Groddle Heights
  21. Groddle Meadow
  22. Haoma
  23. Haraiva
  24. Home Street Styles
  25. Ilmenskie Caverns
  26. Ilmenskie Deeps
  27. Ix
  28. Jal
  29. Jethimadh
  30. Jethimadh Tower Base
  31. Jethimadh Tower Mid
  32. Kajuu
  33. Kalavana
  34. Karnata
  35. Kloro
  36. Lida
  37. Massadoe
  38. Muufo
  39. Naraka
  40. Nottis
  41. Ormonos
  42. Pollokoo
  43. Quests
  44. Rasana
  45. Roobrik
  46. Salatu
  47. Samudra
  48. Shimla Mirch
  49. Sura
  50. Tahli
  51. Tamila
  52. The Seams
  53. Tutorial Start
  54. Underground Puzzles
  55. Uralia
  56. Vantalu
  57. Vortex of Random
  58. Xalanga
  59. Zhambu

================================================================

The goal of this project is to save as many location images in their entirety as possible. To save a full size image, click on the down arrow to the left of the Local Chat / Activity box and click Save full snap to your desktop. You can save it to any folder on your computer with the default name. If you are saving multiple snaps of the same street and want to rename the file, make sure to type .png at the end of the file name. Once you have images saved, please upload them somewhere, preferably at www.dropbox.com (or copy to your local Dropbox folder if you have this installed). You can also email the images to tomc@glitchium.com

The highest priority is to save snaps for every location, but with enough snaps (all duplicates welcome) of the same street, bits and pieces may be combined to form a completely pure template image with just the scenery and no extra items, animals, players, quoins, etc. (however this is low priority until there is at least a full size snap of every street). Update: There is now a clean snaps option, but this omits some NPCs in quests and includes vendors still, so it will be helpful to have different vendor positions if they need to be edited out in variations of snaps.

Art Credits include Kukubee, Zutto, Keita Takahashi, May Tang, Lillian Lai, Henrique Barone, Corey Jackson, Chris Leavens, Vicky Wong, Arbito, Jason Freeny;
Level Creation Credits include Jono Spiro (level editor), Fernando Medrano, Ryan Pelcz, Lisa Trac, Ian Passmore; Level Design QA's include MacKenzie Allyn, Michael Conkin;

All content Copyright © 2009 - 2012 Tiny Speck, All rights reserved.

Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5
  • There's actually a small group of the Civility folks working on this.  Between us, we've already covered:

Asslandia (it's still Asslandia, dammit!)
    Caverns
    Deeps
    Groddle Forest
    Groddle Heights
    Groddle Meadow
    Ix
    Jethimadh
    Jethimadh Tower
    Kalavana
    Uralia
    Nottis
    Alakol

I'll dig up links in a little bit when I get caught up on some of the other threads :)
    Posted 11 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome! I'll be working on adding what we have too.
  • Any suggestions as to what I should snap? I've already started snapping the wardrobe items. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Grizelda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Grizelda, anything you would like! The more images snapped, the more to use toward the final composite image with as much of the scenery/background as possible.
  • Ooh, one of those Gigapixel images, except of this place, a better bigger map!
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have pictures of:
    Aranna
    Chakra Phool (The Tennio Spur shot has a ghost in it, actually)
    Haoma
    Jal
    Rasana
    Roobrik
    Tamila
    Vantalu

...if you would want them, as well as some shots of vendor/play cube quest areas, seam streets, and a few duplicates of the areas that have already been covered.
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Darkheart, yes I would definitely like to have them for making the final composite images for each area. Do you have them uploaded somewhere? Dropbox is by far the best site for quick uploads and it also doesn't change your images in any way.
  • Nothing is uploaded yet, as I'm partway through gathering them still. I'll get them set up on dropbox when I have a free moment.
  • All right, thank you very much!
  • Okay, what I have has been uploaded. How do I get it to you? (Forgive me if this is an obvious question; I'm somewhat clumsy when it comes to computers)
  • Can't you download full size location images with the API? It may be quicker to write a script to do it...
    Posted 11 years ago by QuinnR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can copy the URL of your Dropbox folder that has these images. When you view your Dropbox contents in your browser, there should also be a blue Share button in the top right corner. Clicking on that will open a small popup that has a button that says Copy link to this page.
  • QuinnR, unfortunately full size images are not in the API :( 
    Also the API does not have Seam Streets, Naraka, quest locations etc.
  • www.dropbox.com/sh/pznjhu5a...
    I hope that works. Will upload more soon.
  • Yep it does, thank you!
  • Neat project. Wanted to participate so did a quick run through of Folivoria. Here's the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dh30t122pb6vacv/8a69Bol1CY

Will try to do some more areas later.
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The designer of the firebog style is Vicky Wong of meomi.com
    Posted 11 years ago by Botia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BTW when you do Ilmenskie caverns/deeps, go and stand next to the little cephalopod vendors to get them to pop out for their photos.  Much cuter that way.
    Posted 11 years ago by Botia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, buddhakitty! Will update the list soon.

Thanks for the actual name, MG Botia!
  • Two more: 

Pollokoo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/61qw1a5hhgun7vb/JTATWAE5dt

Hidden Floor-Uralia: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jkw8h7ght0xfspf/mlrmrHZfR3
  • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1uwneaomxn8x62q/TjKsE95fjf

regions:

Chakra Phool
    Firozi
    Groodle Meadow (including Gregarious Towers)
    Ix
    Jal
    Jethimadh
    Naraka
    Nottis
    Shimla Mirch
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been doing some of these on my own as well, trying to be alone on a street and to stand somewhere not in front of too many things so it's easier to edit myself out of the picture. XD I will try to hit some of the regions that aren't already visited and will post here when I've uploaded some of them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I started saving full snaps yesterday, too. So far I have Groddle Meadow (including the Tower, Machine Room, Bureaucratic Hall and subway), Nottis and Jal. Also A Summer's Day and Mazza'la Gala (party pack). I will save more and upload 'soon'.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've got a few here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ujn5w7w9jsp706/pnGB1BUCPs (3 from the region of Kalavana and 5 from Hell)
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was doing this anyway as I want to visit all the places and do all the things before eotw and so feel free to use any of the photos and videos I take. I just did a quick run around today and so far I have done:

Dropbox link

Alakol - Clean
    Andra
    Balzare
    Baqala
    Basement Seam Streets
    Besara
    Bortola
    Brillah - Clean
    Callopee
    Cauda - Clean
    Chakra Pool - Clean
    Choru
    Drifta (updated 24/11 to incl. cleaner shots)
    Early tutorial (cloud, TR1, 2, housing selection & 3 skill tutorials)
    Fenneq
    Firozi
    Folivoria - Clean
    Gentle Island
    Groddle Forest
    Haraiva - Clean
    Haoma
    Ilmenskie Caverns
    Ilmenskie Deeps
    Ix
    Jal
    Jethimadh
    Jethimadh Tower (incl. Gwen quest, museum, Rejected Concepts, Unnnn, etc.)
    Kajuu
    Karnata
    Kloro
    Lida
    Massadoe
    Moshi Moshi Oshilatis
    Muufo
    Naraka
    Nottis
    Ormonos
    Other (So far - Model homes, Lost, Forgotten, Missing Floors, Machine Rooms & Bureaucratic Halls)
    Party Packs
    Pollokoo (now with clean Timtim Timm shot)
    Quests (more incl.)
    Race Tickets (Updated to include variations)
    Rasana
    Roobrik
    Salatu
    Samudra
    Seam Streets
    Shimla Mirch - Clean
    Subway and all stations
    Sura
    Tahli
    Tamila
    Upgrade Cards - Keepables
    Uralia
    Xalanga
    Zhambu

EDIT: TomC I will update the post as I go along. On my newer ones where there is one shot it is clean but where there are two I was not able to hide.

Last updated: Wednesday 19 December - COMPLETED
    All regions taken with the new snaps (no items) feature will have clean after them

Note to TomC: In terms of the encyclopedia maps of Ur in case you are using them for anything. The Jethimadh one doesn't match the in game map. Kala Close leads to Shinso Ello, Sura in game but the encyclopedia version still shows the old dead end.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll be working on puzzles reached through the game cube.
    Posted 11 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Touya, for an easy way to edit yourself out of a picture, just take two snaps of you standing in different spots. This doubles the amount of work, but maybe with many people taking snaps of the same streets, we will have enough to create the composite template image.

Thank you so much everyone for all the contributions! Currently updating the spreadsheet list.
  • I'm happy to help - I'll upload images here as I take snaps:
    www.dropbox.com/sh/nmz7ukl9...
    Posted 11 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have plenty of winter winding if thats wanted
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm doing Sura :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Leïla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Color Unblocking via dropbox.
  • Thanks again everyone, list is still being updated from the sheer number of snaps taken so far!

Santa, yes any snap of any location including duplicates are all wanted :)

Wow overachiever effort on Color Unblocking, moucri!
  • Oops! Was that too much? I was doing the same kind of thing with the other puzzles...
  • No not at all, that is perfect! It can be made into a really nice slideshow visual / animation in the future. 

If there were the time to take hundreds of snaps for every street, it might be possible to create completely animal free versions, but of course the work for that would be too insane to be practical haha.
  • Here is Sura (my toon appears in the snaps - if you prefer toon-free snaps, let me know, i'll do it again).
  • Leïla, thank you! Don't worry about your toon appearing in the snaps, that is unavoidable unless you take two snaps of each location while standing in different spots, or if the street has a foreground layer to hide behind (but both of these will take much more time and decrease efficiency in quantity gathered). The goal is if enough people contribute snaps, there will be enough duplicates to combine in the future. The main focus now is just at least one snap of every location before the game closes. Thanks again!
  • You're welcome TomC! :)
  • Le Miserable via dropbox.
  • I cannot for the life of me find this little arrow you are talking about :( Halp!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr Payne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dr Payne: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30677390/glitch/savefullsnap.png
  • Yep, that option isn't there at all when using Chrome. It appeared in Firefox though. Thanks
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr Payne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Updated list again with nearly all the images that have been uploaded so far. But keep in mind duplicates are a good thing, in order to combine for as much of the scenery exposed as possible.
  • This is a great project, though I have to wonder, why not just do a torrent of it?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kirnan, this project is far from complete and may be a long term work-in-progress (overall goal is to eventually process all of these snaps into a clean template version of as many streets as possible), so right now Dropbox just makes it convenient to upload and share. If someone wants to set up one though, feel free.
  • Everything I have so far: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qz2yah63xrbo8sk/IwpsNaJW2A
    I'll update soon.

TomC, if you need help editing the snaps or photoshopping piggies out of them, let me know.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Was running around Ix so thought I'd get a set here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jmzddrkya5kxbl/4Ee3ZIqVn0

Also, Mountain Scaling

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/103kx7vhpf77n7e/8BpOwiUjWr
  • Thanks for the updates!

Mina, by photoshopping piggies out, what kind of procedure are you thinking of? Ideally there will be enough background portions among all the snaps of each street to replace parts containing animals with the actual background, in terms of going for the exact original details.
  • Walk Toward The Light via dropbox.
  • Radiant Glare via dropbox.
  • I snapped all the party spaces. Tom, I'll email them to you.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4 5