Topic

Project to Save Full Size Images / Snaps for Every Location in Glitch (Information and List Inside)

Finished Template Snaps:

Main Directory: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2j883r0x4qnlm6/Qm56_Put20/glitch/FullStreetTemplates?lst

Contents:

1. Alakol
  2. Andra
  3. Aranna
  4. Balzare
  5. Baqala
  6. Besara
  7. Bortola
  8. Brillah
  9. Bureaucratic Hall
  10. Callopee
  11. Cauda
  12. Chakra Phool
  13. Choru
  14. Cosma Testing
  15. Drifa
  16. Fenneq
  17. Firozi
  18. Folivoria
  19. Groddle Forest
  20. Groddle Heights
  21. Groddle Meadow
  22. Haoma
  23. Haraiva
  24. Home Street Styles
  25. Ilmenskie Caverns
  26. Ilmenskie Deeps
  27. Ix
  28. Jal
  29. Jethimadh
  30. Jethimadh Tower Base
  31. Jethimadh Tower Mid
  32. Kajuu
  33. Kalavana
  34. Karnata
  35. Kloro
  36. Lida
  37. Massadoe
  38. Muufo
  39. Naraka
  40. Nottis
  41. Ormonos
  42. Pollokoo
  43. Quests
  44. Rasana
  45. Roobrik
  46. Salatu
  47. Samudra
  48. Shimla Mirch
  49. Sura
  50. Tahli
  51. Tamila
  52. The Seams
  53. Tutorial Start
  54. Underground Puzzles
  55. Uralia
  56. Vantalu
  57. Vortex of Random
  58. Xalanga
  59. Zhambu

================================================================

The goal of this project is to save as many location images in their entirety as possible. To save a full size image, click on the down arrow to the left of the Local Chat / Activity box and click Save full snap to your desktop. You can save it to any folder on your computer with the default name. If you are saving multiple snaps of the same street and want to rename the file, make sure to type .png at the end of the file name. Once you have images saved, please upload them somewhere, preferably at www.dropbox.com (or copy to your local Dropbox folder if you have this installed). You can also email the images to tomc@glitchium.com

The highest priority is to save snaps for every location, but with enough snaps (all duplicates welcome) of the same street, bits and pieces may be combined to form a completely pure template image with just the scenery and no extra items, animals, players, quoins, etc. (however this is low priority until there is at least a full size snap of every street). Update: There is now a clean snaps option, but this omits some NPCs in quests and includes vendors still, so it will be helpful to have different vendor positions if they need to be edited out in variations of snaps.

Art Credits include Kukubee, Zutto, Keita Takahashi, May Tang, Lillian Lai, Henrique Barone, Corey Jackson, Chris Leavens, Vicky Wong, Arbito, Jason Freeny;
Level Creation Credits include Jono Spiro (level editor), Fernando Medrano, Ryan Pelcz, Lisa Trac, Ian Passmore; Level Design QA's include MacKenzie Allyn, Michael Conkin;

All content Copyright © 2009 - 2012 Tiny Speck, All rights reserved.

Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 Next
  • I will try to have them on Dropbox (link in the first post), but if I run out of room there, I'll try and find another place to host them and link that on the first post.
  • I'm not sure if I'm doing dropbox right, but here's my collection of snaps. 
    www.dropbox.com/sh/ad2oww40...
    Most of them were taken for my personal use, so they aren't empty snaps, but I did do a run through Le Miserable that is an original run with the bot, as well as a first run though of the Greedy Street Spirit and a few other quests where I took both an empty shot and a non-empty one.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kalmiopsis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks! Very helpful original run through of Le Miserable.
  • I have newer clean template versions of all the things Lead listed incl Eesti Life, fireflex and Gold Hatted, and many more. I have just got to finish uploading them.

It has been too hot here in Aus the last couple of days for me to do anything and so I am hoping tomorrow. As I said before, I will leave a note here when I am done.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks again everyone for the updates!

Did anyone else in addition to Fly take screenshots of each region map while in the game? The images in the Encyclopedia are unfortunately in .jpg format and also show quite a bit of distortion and artifacts on the text.

Looking for .png format of Moshi Moshi Oshilatis and .png format of Jethimadh Tower: Base (if anyone happens to have taken a screenshot without the red star showing current position (viewed from a different region) ).
  • TomC, I have clean Jethimadh Tower Base and Moshi Moshi Oshilatis.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/67fjxr786qh0s01/KiilAvhict
    I also have the other maps (except for the Ilmenskies) if you need duplicates.
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have maps for both the Ilmenskies in their respective folders, but they're probably lower quality than you want.  I did make sure not to get hte location star on them though!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes Darkheart and Mahalla, if you could upload them or email to tomc@glitchium.com, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you!
  • Uploaded the rest of the map screenshots! They should all be in the link on my previous post.
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I uploaded more snaps to my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qz2yah63xrbo8sk/IwpsNaJW2A
    I have more if you need them. Just let me know when you are done downloading so I can delete them and upload the rest. Not sure if you are still looking for snaps or not.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you both! Mina, yes still looking for snaps for different background animations or platform positions wherever applicable.
  • Any updates on this? Or a link to whatever's finished? I'd particularly like to have Samudra for wallpapers.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi, TomC,
    I just uploaded almost 700 street snaps to my dropbox account:
    www.dropbox.com/sh/udn8ruwq...

None are "empty," though, so they may not be useful to you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Joscor So Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lady Cailia, I'm still working on this and hope to have everything done by Friday. The link will be in the first post.

Thanks Joscor So, yes they will be useful for the alternate versions with stuff in them!
  • TomC - Sorry for the delay but all my snaps are up to date now. Including cleans of a lot of the quest/other stuff like You Feel Wooooozy, etc. The dropbox link is still the same and I won't be taking them down anytime soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any word on when these will all be compiled? Or should I start going through people's comments myself?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your post TomC. Thank you so much for all the work you and everyone else has done. I was just starting to get nervous about maybe losing the chance at having these forever.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone have a clean copy of Samudra or Roobrik? Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Maybe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's the clean ones I have from Samudra and Roobrik
    www.dropbox.com/sh/e7cuufuo...
    Posted 11 years ago by Scarlet Begonia ♫ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks again everyone for all of the contributions and apologies for the delay in uploading these. All of the main regions should now be on Dropbox, and I will try to add the rest of the miscellaneous locations as soon as possible. The links can be found in the first post.
  • Thank you, TomC. You are amazing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TomC, this is proving to be a real treasure trove for me. =)
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone have a pic of the World Map as a whole?
  • woa and all of those are clean?
    crazy piece of work dude
    good job
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm having trouble d/ling all the snaps efficiently. Not all the files appear when I download the zip file, and when I try to use Dropbox, not all the files appear in my own dropbox folder when I do the transfer. Can anyone help, please?
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes I believe the Glitch-Strategy Wiki has a picture of the world map. And also on Danny's Indiegogo link with a full colored map: http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net/medias/569907/pictures/full/20121206031530-WorldMap.png?1354792538

DOOMy Nutpuncher, you may have to transfer the files to your own dropbox in portions if your dropbox size limit is 2 GB. You could try the Add to your Dropbox link on the top right 2 GB at a time. Then move them out of your Dropbox folder on your own computer into another folder, and then download the next portion.
  • One thing's for sure -- Glitch is going to be really well documented!
    Posted 11 years ago by Polly Paperclip | Permalink
  • Thanks, TomC!
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by ee-kai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Tom, the Wiki had the one I was looking for (with the areas marked)! =D
  • No matter how many times I try and download them, whether I try all at once or one section at a time, they will not unzip properly. Can someone upload mirrors somewhere other than Dropbox?
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • super cool. I'll have to crop a few snaps to get printed too with my other photos. Thank you guys!
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Asazi - looks like Dropbox gives up making a zip at 2gig, and there's over 3 gig of images.

If you instead copy them to your own dropbox account you can get them that way. That's what I did. Oh, like TomC suggests a bit further up.
    Posted 11 years ago by Spong Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't do that. I have to use my Dropbox for other things and its almost full (like 98 or 99 percent).
  • I'll take that as a no. ):
  • Asazi,why don't you just create a new/second Dropbox account, and put all your Glitch stuff in that?!
  • This is so awesome :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Zwitter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looking at these pictures is wonderful and disturbing: it looks like a virgin world, ready for exploration. No critters, no shrines, no NPCs. Beautiful but lonely.

Thanks Tom!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 Next