Topic

Real Life Yeti Hats for Sale (and a Free DIY Sewing Pattern)

For anyone that has always wanted a real life yeti hat, I am now selling them on Etsy: bit.ly/yetihat

I thought it would be a nice souvenir to remember Glitch once the world of Ur has shut down for good. Each hat is hand-made to order and is super soft and comfy.

I did ask stoot for permission to make and sell these and he said it was ok.

For the DIY folks, I have put together a pattern with instructions (high-res version)! 

Bear in mind that this is my first time doing anything like this and I didn't use any fancy software for the stencils... just hand-drawn with a Sharpie. Enjoy! (and share your results if you end up making one)

Posted 11 years ago by Yeti Spaghetti Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• nice hat! :D a pattern would be cool!
    Posted 11 years ago by Demaria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • aaand purchased! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • any plan to make others??? i would toats purchase a mellon head if you made one :3 you whould also have my eternal gratitude
    Posted 11 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm I might look into the melon head, but it looks like it might be kinda hard to make. I'll let you know!
  • Ooh, want. Might need one of those. Nice job, Yeti!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • cool :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wonderful!  Would love it if you shared your pattern.
    Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They look great, YS.
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are awesome!!!! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Brandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Since a couple people asked, I would be happy to make custom hats based on other styles from the game. It just might take a little longer since I would need to acquire the materials and maybe experiment a little. You can either send me frog-mail or email me at nblloyd@gmail.com with your request.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wowbagger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a little bump for anyone who maybe didn't see this. :) I'm wrapping up my current orders and am ready to make more adorable yeti faces!

(also, please excuse Wowbagger up above... I accidentally posted as his account since I'm using his computer)
  • The cuteness is overwhelming!
    Posted 11 years ago by Flurgh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love it! Going on the Glitchmas List!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMGiants, that is freakin' ADORABLE.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Arthur Dent-Ur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone. :) I truly love making these because I get to see the yeti faces looking up at me while I work. I am seriously going to miss this game.
  • So excited about these hats! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Sanwei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am totally buying a couple of these next month. One for me and one for the boyfriend. 
    Posted 11 years ago by tofuchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • can't wait to get mine!
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @chilirlw: It'll be in the mail tomorrow! It's all packed up and ready to go but it's been tough trying to get to the post office this weekend.
  • squee!
  • I finally finished putting together a pattern with instructions for folks who would like to make their own hats! It is linked up at the top. Enjoy!
  • Would you mind if I made a vector graphic of your sketched shapes?    It'll be open source so it's easy to use and resize.
    Posted 11 years ago by knitmeapony Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure! That would be great. I'll link to it in this post once you have it created.
  • W00t!  I'll probably do it over lunch hour!
    Posted 11 years ago by knitmeapony Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If anyone is still thinking about buying a yeti hat and would like it in time for Christmas, there is just one week left to order. I'll make every attempt to make sure it gets to you on time, but a safe Christmas cut-off date is December 13. The listing will still be up for a while, though, so if Christmas is not a priority, there is no need to rush. :)
  • Adorableness!!@#$!@$!  :D
    Posted 11 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finally opened my hat (it's been a crazy few weeks) to wear to work today for "crazy funky day".  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of me wearing it, but I got SO many compliments on the hat and even had to explain Glitch to my supervisor.   

I love my Yeti... now I just need to find a name for him that's more original than just "Glitch"... though that's not out of the running. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww yay! I'm so glad you like it (and that others do too). :)
  • I got mine and I can't wait to pull it out of my stocking at Christmas (yes, I have to be Santa for myself, too)
  • My only question is why hasn't EVERYONE bought one of these yet?  They're amazing!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pattern link has been updated with a smaller version of the original so it's easier to download (and all pages are now right-side up). Big thanks to Meebus for making that happen!
  • Oh man, those chicken hats are too adorable!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ordered mine with extra love.
    Posted 11 years ago by RoboYeti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks so much for the pattern, yeti! definitely going to try making one :D your shop is really cute.
    Posted 11 years ago by melody dean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, rad! I'm going to try my hand at making one. Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Where are you sourcing your images for the hats? The encyclopedia?
    Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone! I hope your hats turn out great! :D

@Twinkle Star: You mean the original designs from the game? I use the images from the Wardrobe as well as my own memory. :)
  • Thanks for the pattern, Yeti! Just what I needed to jumpstart my DIY tank that I shoved to the back of my brain :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Demaria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I figured out you can right click on images in the wardrobe and save them. If you click the link (I forget what it's called... item detail maybe? It brings you to a new page and you can save all the images)
    Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • very creative & well done
    Posted 11 years ago by Samerina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, last bump for this thread before the end of the year! (I will be on vacation until January 2nd, so there will be a bit of a delay if you place an order before then.)

P.S. I also have chicken hats for sale. ;)
  • Chicken hats! So good!
    Posted 11 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got my chicken hat, and it is awesome!  I've gotten more random compliments on it...

It's so soft and fuzzy and perfect, and adorable.  If you ever decided to make a Piggie hat, I'd be all over it!
    Posted 11 years ago by beanside Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So much love. AWESOME!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Brandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ridiculously adorable, and they've gotten rave reviews from three friends of mine!  and thanks so much for posting the pattern with really detailed and clear instructions - so much love indeed  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink