Topic

Glitch Tower and Home contest- Winners Announced!

Hello fellow glitchen I have decided to have a contest for the best houses and towers in glitch. I have recently been working hard to finish decorating my home and tower and I've come to realize how difficult it is. So I'd like to give away some really great in game prizes as well as Real Life prizes!
-Official List
-If you can please read all of the rules if tl;dr then seek out the bold section within the rules of the ways to post your entry.

Only 300 entries will be accepted!

Note: Entries will be accepted until the deadline of Tuesday Novemeber 27th at 12a.m. EST

Main Winners:
Over All Best Tower:Mrs.Peacock
Over All Best Home:Liathea
Over All Best Themed Tower:LeeLu Multi Pass
Over All Best Themed Home:Leda von Orion

Sub-category Winners:
Silliest Tower Floor:KezHub
Silliest Home Floor:Momatoes
Fanciest Tower Floor:Alanna23
Fanciest Home Floor:Dr.MaudGonne
Grossest Tower Floor:No Entries
Grossest Home Floor:No Entries
Scariest Tower Floor:Osiris χ
Scariest Home Floor:No Entries
Cutest(Cuddliest)Tower Floor:tofuchan
Cutest(Cuddliest Home Floor:Alianna
Comfiest Tower Floor:Flurgh
Comfiest Home Floor:3jm2fg1gc

The Judges:
Rini -The one and only Moi

Sir Brendan of Chuz -Taking time out of his busy schedule of bed warming, gas excretion and food intake to join us.

lovelulu8  -Gracing us with her presence from the one and only Etsy.com

The Prizes:

The Over All Best Tower in Glitch:
300k in currants
2 Diamonds
1 Golden Egg
2 Ouzian Beads
And one handmade Love bead necklace/wrap bracelet

The Over All Best Home in Glitch:
300k in currants
2 Diamonds
1 Golden Egg
2 Ouzian Beads
And one handmade Love bead necklace/wrap bracelet

Best Over All Themed Tower:
150k in currants
1 Diamond
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Ouzian Beads

Best Over All Themed Home:

150k in currants
1 Diamond
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Ouzian Beads

The Categories:

Silliest Tower Floor:

75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Silliest Home Floor:
75kin currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Fanciest Tower Floor
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Fanciest Home Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Grossest Tower Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Grossest Home Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Scariest Tower Floor:
75kin currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Scariest Home Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Cutest(Cuddliest) Tower Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Cutest(Cuddliest) Home Floor:

75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Comfiest Tower Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

Comfiest Home Floor:
75k in currants
1 Modestly Sized Ruby
2 Showy Sapphires

How To Enter/Rules:
Simply take a picture in game with a camera, go to the My Snaps section of the main website, copy and paste the link into your entry, and post your entry.

Only one entry per glitch**, per category: please state in your forum post which category you would like to enter.

If you want to enter the "Best Over all themed Home" Or "Over all Best Home in Glitch" please post one picture of your entire home along with individual pictures of each floor. Note you do not have to have multiple floors to participate.
Example: "I am entering the Best (Over all themed) Home here is my entire home: www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB...
These are the pictures of my individual floors:
www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB...
OR " I am entering the Best (over all themed) Home Here is my entire home, this is my first floor, this is my second floor, and this is my third floor

If you want to enter the "Best Over all Themed Tower" Or "Over all Best Tower " please post  individual pictures of all your floors showing the number of each floor within the tower.
Example:"This is my entry for the best (over all themed tower): www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB...
www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB... " OR " My Entries for the best (over all themed tower) are: this, that and the other "

The Best Over all themed tower or home will be judged on whether or not a tower or home has one consistent theme through out the entire tower/home.
            The Over all Best tower or home in glitch will be judged by creativity, personality of the space, and theme (if there is one present).

If you want to enter one of the select categories such as; "Cutest(Cuddliest) Tower or Home Floor", "Silliest Tower/Home Floor", ect. then please post only one picture of your select tower/home floor and state which category you would like to enter. Please state if it is a tower floor or a home floor.
Example:" I would like to enter the (enter category here) this is my entry: www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB... " Or "I would like to enter the (enter category here) this is my entry"

If you are placing multiple entries please specify which pictures are for which entry.
Example: I would like to enter the Best tower contest, the best themed tower contest and the comfiest home floor contest my entries are the following;  Over all Best Tower/Best themed tower: www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB...
Comfiest Home floor: www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJMB... "
Or "I would like to enter the over all best tower contest, the over all best themed tower contest and the comfiest home floor contest; my entries for the over all best tower as well as the best themed tower are this, that and the other and my entry for the comfiest home floor is this."

** Note** People who enter the "Best over all themed Tower Or Home" Or the "Over all Best Tower Or Home in Glitch" can participate in ONE other category. People who enter the "Best tower Or home in Glitch" may enter the "Best Themed tower or home", however each glitch may win only ONE category.

*Note* All of the winners will be contacted via in game mail. The Grand Prize winners will be asked to give an address to mail the items (the address can be given to the Etsy Shop care taker or to me directly.)

~I hope you guys like Free Cubimal Lotto's and Fashion contests, cause i worked my butt off making these special contests for you guys :D~

Super Special thanks to axton for lending extra money to make the prizes better and bigger!
Special Thanks to: bagelmonster for donating the Ouzian beads!

Posted 11 years ago by Rini Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• AWESOME!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pastel Forever Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *Note Place holders are allowed :). Don't be shy now!
  • ~
  • My entry for best themed overall house: [link]
    It's a little one story house, so that's all there is. Might also qualify for cutest?
    Posted 11 years ago by Alianna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Our first entry! :D awesome ^_^
  • Scariest Tower Floor - The Purple Palace
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • new prizes!
  • Here go my entries!

category: best overall home
    whole house / floor 1 / floor 2

category: silliest floor (home floor)
    image link (alternate title: OH GOD WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO FLAMMABLE)

e: I hope it's okay that the first floor design changed between categories. If not, is it possible to change categories and just make sure that the design is consistent across all snaps?
    Posted 11 years ago by Momatoes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Momatoes I will need to confer with the other judges, I will get back to you about it later today :) thank you very much for the entry.

Edit: Momatoes, I believe that it will be fine the way it is, switching categories is, however, not allowed. Once a picture is posted, that is the entry.
  • I would like to enter my tower in the best overall tower/best themed tower categories. It is best seen and explored in person, but here is a snap of the whole thing.

It's a murder mystery in the style of Clue. It's still active and anyone who attempts to solve it will recieve free upgraded furniture and/or currants (more correct/creative guesses get better stuff, the best gets a funpickle) Stop by!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Note: Only the third floor is what i want to enter:
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV1J3...
    ETA: Comfiest Home Floor
    Posted 11 years ago by 3jm2fg1gc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @3jm2fg1gc you need to specify which category you want to enter.
  • I would like to enter for the best over all TOWER in Gltich.
    This is the fancy lobby: http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVGDDTPQMC3NJL/190461-eec7a68ede/sizes/o/
    This is my favourite floor (Floor 1): http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVGDDTPQMC3NJL/190834-6aa4af13d3/sizes/o/
    And this is the top floor (Floor 2) aka LaDeDah's Kitchen where my fellow glitchen gives me food to sell: http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVGDDTPQMC3NJL/190493-3eaf974b63/sizes/o/

I would also like to enter for the silliest tower floor ( you can tell by my smile :D): http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVGDDTPQMC3NJL/190834-6aa4af13d3/sizes/o/

Thank you for making these competitions, its making the last days really fun!
    Posted 11 years ago by KezHub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to enter the first floor of my tower, Hall of Bright Waters, for fanciest tower floor.  Thanks for all the hard work on these contests!!

P.S. - it's even more impressive in person - the motion of the water and the disco balls really adds to it. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Gymnosophist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've just now finished decorating the second floor of my tower, Piggies Vs. Skeletons!, and I'd like to submit it for the silliest tower floor.

Apologies for not including both submissions in a single post, but I only now had the inspiration for this floor.  Thanks!

Edited to note that this submission has subsequently been withdrawn (in favor of a Best Overall Tower submission, as noted below in a separate post).
  • Heres my entry for the first floor of my tower for fanciest tower floor.
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV123...
    I hope you like it :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Alanna23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to enter my tower floor (3rd floor) for the Cutest(Cuddliest) tower floor: http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVVE7C5HV93LDE/187631-6fa85f95dd/

:'D
    Posted 11 years ago by tofuchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Best Over all Themed Tower, please... :)

entire floor: Uralia Purple!

individual floor:
    1: my inanimate friends
    2: Sleep tight, Friedrich Nietzsche
    3: storage floor
    Posted 11 years ago by Leda von Orion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fanciest Tower Floor!

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVLQBGCGSM26QB/199581-56dbe36f4e/
    Posted 11 years ago by Boobug♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ugh keep doing that sorry. 

www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVLQB...
  • The Over All Best Home in Glitch :D

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVLQBGCGSM26QB/199555-95cf1388a3/
  • I would like to enter the comfy tower category...

www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVOED...

Thanks for organizing this contest!

Fondest glitchy hugs,

Fado
    Posted 11 years ago by Fado Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Overall best Tower 
    4th Floor: lem.to/p/Br6M
    3rd Floor: http://lem.to/p/zlEA
    2nd: http://lem.to/p/5rY2
    1st/lobby: http://lem.to/p/CATq

Comfiest Tower Floor: lem.to/p/Br6M

Silliest Home Floor: http://lem.to/p/SQ72
    Overall Best Home: 
    Complete Snap (please ignore the for sale signs. It's the best pic I've got): here
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay. I guess just Overall Home and theme? Though both floors are opposite themes. 

Floor one: Here
    Floor numbero dos: There
    Posted 11 years ago by Marley Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • get your entries in fast people!
  • ok, I finally finished all of my tower just in time to enter into the contest, yay!  I'm entering both the Over All Best Tower in Glitch and the Best Over All Themed Tower.

As you can see, my theme is based on the film, the Fifth Element and different characters in the movie.  My name might have given that away, but here it is.  I put the pics on imgur showing the order of the floors, and then the full snapshot using the new "take a pic of everything" feature.  Floors are as named:

foyer- Gimme tha Cassshhhhhh! (after the mugger. also where I put stuff up for sale)
    1- Sanctuary of Cornelius (Father Vito Cornelius)
    2- Zorg's Morbidtorium (Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg)
    3- Negative Meat Popsicle (Korbin Dallas)
    4- Ruby Rhod's Love Nest (Ruby Rhod)
    5- Plavalaguna's Lagoona (the Diva Plavalaguna)
    6- Chicken Good! (LeeLoo)
    7-Aziz... Light! (Professor Pacoli)
    8- Supreme Being (The Fifth Element)

The name of the tower?  Fhloston Paradise, of course.
    Posted 11 years ago by LeeLu Multi Pass Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to again revise my earlier entries (sorry - I've just now finished decorating all 9 floors of my tower!).  My final submission is for both Best Overall Tower and for Fanciest Tower Floor.

Floor 8:  Penthouse Picnic in Paradise
    Floor 7:  Venus Shrine
    Floor 6:  Rube's Secret Lair
    Floor 5:  Ur House Beautiful
    Floor 4:  Exotic Lands
    Floor 3:  Haunted Spaceship
    Floor 2:  Piggies Vs. Skeletons!
    Floor 1:  Hall of Bright Waters  (this is my entry floor for Fanciest Tower Floor, even prettier "in person")
    Lobby:  Sales Area

Thanks again!
  • Best Overall Themed Home:
    Whole Home
    Floor 1
    Entry/Mud Room
    Dinning Room
    Kitchen
    Floor 2
    Storage Room
    Brewery and Hallway
    Work Room
    Floor 3
    *Bedroom
    Living Room
    Bar

*My whole bedroom wasn't supposed to match the house entirely just have a few Firebog items in it. Along with my bar. :)

NOTE: Sorry if any of my links are incorrect :/ And it's a lotta pics I know. Just wanted to make sure you could see the details. :D BTW I can explain the pig on the counter! He has to guard my egg... O_O

Comfiest Home Floor
    Floor 3

My bar isn't the coziest place in the world but I'm looking more at my bedroom and the living room.
    Posted 11 years ago by Skippy ♫♪♫ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Overall Home entry, please!

Not really sure how to get a snap of just one floor. To make it all fit it's zoomed to the same level as the overall shot... so not really sure of the point of that. If you want multiple closer shots for each floor, let me know.

Edited: Made a couple minor changes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Over all Best Tower

Lobby www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    Snack Bar www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    Market www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    basic furniture (floor 4 cut in half) www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...

basic furniture (floor 4 cut in half) www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    Museum and Day Care www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    Complaint Department and Office www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    Executive Lounge www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...

Silliest Tower Floor:  www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVFEH...
    Posted 11 years ago by armi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Best Over all themed Home and Over all Best Home in Glitch (why not think big?)   www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F...

first floor,    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F...
    and   http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F7G14L2HTI/203637-6bf4926191/

second floor,    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F...
    and  www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F...

third floor, www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F...
     and  www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVJ4F...
    Posted 11 years ago by auntie skeptic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Over All Best Tower in Glitch -
    imgur.com/XLSd1
    Floor names: 8 - Rook's Rooftop Cafe, 7 - Firebog Lounge, 6 - Purple Lounge, 5 - Rustic Lounge, 4 - No-No Lounge, 3 - Shrine to the Giants, 2 - Drafthouse and Cocktail Parlor, 1 - Workshop, L - Conceirge Desk

Comfiest Tower Floor -
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PHF2FV...
    Floor 7 ~ Firebog Lounge

Over All Best House in Glitch -
    imgur.com/oa02r

I was a little confused by the guidelines as to exactly how many categories I can enter. 
    So hopefully this submission is acceptable. If not tell me what I need to fix.

I used the new high res downloads so you guys can zoom in super close on IMGUR.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flurgh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fanciest Home Floor: Bottom Floor  (I couldn't get the whole floor in the snap without getting both floors at once)
    Fanciest Tower Floor: Click Here
    Scariest Tower Floor: Click Here
    Comfiest Home Floor: Top Floor
    Comfiest Tower Floor: Click Here
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CLOSED
  • Sorry flurgh you are only allowed to enter 1 over all best 1 over all best themed and 1 other category. As stated in the guidelines :). Your first entry will be the one entered. Same goes for you Dr. only the first entry will be accepted.
  • Winners Announced!
  • Awesome, thanks! My winnings are going straight into the prize pool for my tower murder mystery, come check it out and take something home!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my, I never thought I'd win.  :O
    Thank you so much!!
  • oh hey cool beans, I got theme!!  *three mini jumps and one big jump*
  • Thank you! Thank you! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How we claim our prizes?  I haven't gotten anything yet and I'm short of currants...  thanks!
  • Yeah, we seem to keep missing each other in game. Can you leave it with my butler?
  • How do we claim our prize?
    Posted 11 years ago by KezHub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi hi! sorry everyone I have been significantly busier these past few days then i anticipated to be, I will be giving out prizes hopefully tomorrow if i can get on. It would be better if you could meet me IG but i will mail out the prizes if you are not on at the same time i am. Sorry for the trouble everyone
  • All Prizes Mailed