Topic

Looking to save the stories of Glitch as told from the creatures, rocks and trees... WIKI DONE

Now I know someone will say "But it's on the wiki!" No, it's not ALL on the wiki, only parts of it, and I'm looking for something like this:

One Tree Claims To Know the Unknowable

Spice Plant I hate to name-drop, but Spriggan was a good friend of mine, you know.
Oh?
Spice Plant Absolutely. And he would come to me, and he would say “Spicy”, he would say, because that’s what he called me, ‘Spicy’ - “Spicy: of all the ages that this world has been through, the greatest always happen to be the Sprigannite ones. The other ages all have things to recommend them, of course, but it is only when I manage to bring a little stability to this shower of chaos” he’d say “…that things manage to move forward.
Is that so?
Spice Plant Well, I can’t imagine he’d tell me that anyway. He’s a Giant, you know. Doesn’t have to say ANYTHING if he doesn’t want to. Or speak to anyone. Not that I’m name dropping…
No, of course not.

Bubble Tree Psst. PSSSSSSSSSSST! Over here. For your ears only, ‘k?
Sure.
Bubble Tree Did that Spice Tree tell you all that business about how he was a great friend of Spriggan’s? And how Spriggan always considered the Sprigganite ages the greatest?
Something like that.
Bubble Tree Lies. It’s all lies. Don’t listen to a word.
He wasn't a friend of Spriggan's?
Bubble Tree No! One little tree? Spriggan could sneeze a thousand-thousand of him down before breakfast. But it’s more than that, it’s that there haven’t even BEEN multiple ages.
Huh?
Bubble Tree No. That’s what they WANT you to think. Don’t trust them, comrade. Trust no one. Never chew copper. Check both ways before you dig. That’s all I’m saying. That’s all I’m saying.
Is it, though? IS IT?

Spice Plant Spriggan said to me once, he said ‘Spicy, my old friend…’ – because that’s what he called me…
Oh yeah?
Spice Plant What? What have you heard? It’s that Bubbling loon again, isn’t it? Well I’ll tell you something about him.
Go on?
Spice Plant Those bubbles weren’t always empty. There was a time in the fifteenth age of Spriggan when the Sprigot males of a certain age, under cover of darkness, drained all the bubble juice from the bubble tree’s bubbles and turned it into a celebratory cocktail for Spriggantide, leaving them as empty and mentally aerated as you find that poor Bubbly fool today.
Is that true?
Spice Plant So Spriggan told me. And why would he lie? He’s a giant, you know.
That much is true. I think...

Bubble Tree They all lie.
Huh?
Bubble Tree All of them. With the exception of a few trees, two kinds of a rock and a critter, there’s not a truthful one among th…
...em?
Bubble Tree SHHHHH. Did you hear that? That clicking noise? The giants. Everywhere. Listening. Well, them, or ghostly versions of their most determined disciples, clinging on to the artifacts they’ve left scattered around, like ghosts in a machine, rattling and buzzing and click, click, click, click…
What?
Bubble Tree Nothing. You’re not ready for my truth. Get away. Get away. And if that Spicy Son of Spriggan apparatchik tries to feed you any more of the party line, you just tell him from me tha… Shhhhh
Um. Ok.
Bubble Tree Click click. Click click click. Get away. Get away, they’re following you, I tell you - get away, get away. Click. Click click.
Over and out.

"One Tree Claims To Know the Unknowable" is the title that appears on the top.

Any full conversations are appreciated and will be archived on Google Documents until I can find another site to display them on.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your help!

EDIT: Here's the google documents file that I'm compiling. docs.google.com/document/d/... though it's missing some because I have a text document on another computer. When I get to it, I'll add them as well as some of the ones here.

The main one's I'm looking for are ones that are NOT on the document which includes stories from metal rocks (I wasn't logging it then, but I HAVE been told a story from a metal rock) and Mortar Barnacles. Anything that's not in my list is what I need.

Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Facts of the Giants

Shrine to Humbaba Click... click... transmission begins. Press button to continue.
    Button?
    Shrine to Humbaba ...Fzzzzzz ... transmission. Giant facts, no.1623: Humbaba, giant overseer of all that walks or crawls or hops upon the land, is as capable as any giant of walking on two legs. Out of respect for her charges, she walks on four.
    Oh?
    Shrine to Humbaba ... except sometimes, when she slithers. Just so nobody feels left out.
    Right.
    Shrine to Humbaba ...And occasionally she hops.
    Anything el...
    Shrine to Humbaba ... Transmission ends. Click.

Shrine to Zille Hey hey hey! Hey! Scarf! Talk to me!
    Shrine to Zille Transmission will begin in 3...2...2...2...2...
    1?
    Shrine to Zille  2... 2...1. The Committee for the Illumination of the Populace presents Giant Fact no. 4: Zille, giant overseer of all mountains, grew up in a travelling circus, eons before the time of the Great Imagining, and is to this day as well known for her ability to juggle continents as she was for being two-faced.
    Two...
    Shrine to Zille  Even though having a face on either side of one’s head is not usual, even for giants.
    What?
    Shrine to Zille  Transmission ends. Click.
    Oh.
    Posted 11 years ago by Scarf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Could you put these all on the wiki when they're compiled?
    Posted 11 years ago by Cinnamon Petrichor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will, Cinnamon.
  • Do you also collect achievement texts?

"You wandered around all the cliffs and ledges that beautiful Karnata has to offer. So, what did you get? The pure satisfaction of self accomplishment is all you need! Yup, just the rewarding feeling of reaching a goal. No material goods needed. The experience is enough to satiate the longing for any sort of reward. Just that, and this awesome badge, of course."
    Posted 11 years ago by Mercedes Kimura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mercedes, achievement texts can be found on the "This player got that achievement" pages, so I don't think they need collecting? I guess we'll need them once the site goes down? In that case, people could go through those pages and collect them all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The achievement pages have been down for a while now. Anna said that we might get the text some other way, though.

Also, more Facts of the Giants.

Shrine to Humbaba Click. Clickclick... Transmission beeeeeeeee...
    Need a kick?
    Shrine to Humbaba ... smission begins. Giant fact no.815: Before the time of the great imagining, Humbaba had dominion over only one animal: the great grey grunting, waddling fartybeast of her home swamp. 
    Hm.
    Shrine to Humbaba  It is for this reason that, in the time of the great imagining, Humbaba carefully mind-crafted every animal to be special and different and unique. Both the species already hatched, and the species waiting in the future-worlds, waiting to hatch.
    Huh?
    Shrine to Humbaba  Transmission...
    Wait, What?
    Shrine to Humbaba  ... ends. Click. 
    Gah.

Shrine to Zille  ...Click. Transmission...
    Here we go.
    Shrine to Zille  ...Begins. The Committee for the Illumination of the Populace presents Giant Fact no. 42: Zille was the last giant to close her eyes to the universes the giants used to inhabit, and give herself over to the world of the Great Imagining.
    Hm?
    Shrine to Zille This is why, it has been suggested, Zille is the most level-headed of the giants, but the hardest to please. The rumour that she has a heart of stone, however, is not true.
    Oh.
    Shrine to Zille  It is made of giant-flesh. And space-matter gravel.
    SPACE MATTER?!
    Shrine to Zille  Transmission ends. Click.
    *Sigh*.

Voicemail of the Giants

Shrine to Alph  *Click* ... Welcome to the Shrine of Alph. Please enter your request after the tone.
    What?
    Shrine to Alph  I’m sorry, we could not recognise your request. Please re... re... Please repeat your request after the tone.
    What request?
    Shrine to Alph  Your request has been accepted, and will be passed along to Alph.
    Um...
    Shrine to Alph  Please note, due to overwhelming supplication volume, there may be some delay in fulfilling your request.
    Ok?
    Shrine to Alph  In the meantime, please be assured that ever since the first appearance of a rook, Alph has been hard at work imagining the precise combination of elements that would lead to contained rook explodification.
    Oh?
    Shrine to Alph  And as soon as Alph has imagined the correct combination, his loyal followers will be the first to... Thank you for ... *click*.
    Hello? Oh.

Shrine to Mab  Buzz... *click*... *click*... Hello?
    Hello?
    Shrine to Mab  Hello?
    Hello?
    Shrine to Mab  Hello? I’m sorry, the line is very bad. Is this thing on? This is Mab’s direct message line. Anything you say may be recorded. I’m not sure we’ve set this thing up correctly. What’s this button? Is it plugged in? What’s a plug? Does it have one?
    Huh?
    Shrine to Mab  ... have a message, please leave it after the beep. If you have, however, found the very important artifact that Mab has been seeking for so long, known as Mab “Guffin”, please read the secret word printed on the underside of the object for a direct line to wake Mab and speak directly to her.
    What what?!
    Shrine to Mab  ...All other enquiries, please... Hang on, does this thing run out of time? What do I push? Regardless, please leave a tone after the... we mean, a message after th... *click*
    Hello?
    Shrine to Mab  *Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
    Awesome.

Shrine to Tii  Beep-boop. Eeeeeuuuuuuuuuurgh, ping, ping.
    Ping-ping...
    Shrine to Tii  Connection made. Tii is online. To progress with your supplication, please click “Enter”.
    Enter.
    Shrine to Tii  Tii would like you to know that your donations are important to Tii. Tii thanks you. Please click “You’re welcome”.
    You're welcome.
    Shrine to Tii  Tii believes that come the next great age of imagining, the logic and logistical perfection of the way of Tii will win out. Click “Excellent news” to progress.
    Excellent news.
    Shrine to Tii  Tii says “Correct”. Tii would like to reassure all loyal Tii-ites that when the time comes, they will be remembered, if not fondly, then certainly fairly. Because as Tii always says, the...
    Hello?
    Shrine to Tii  ... the ... eeeuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhh, ping, ping. Connection lost.
    Dang. I think.

The Bubble Conspiracies

Bubble Tree  Pop! Pop pop pop!
    Say what?
    Bubble Tree  Shhhhhh. Testing for hidden wires. Can you hear whining? Feedback? Pop! Pop pop! Shhh…
    Um. I... Whu?
    Bubble Tree  Come back later. Another time. Be on the safe side. In the meantime: trust no one. NO ONE.
    Message received.

The Chicken's Cautionary Tales

Chicken Beware the ides of Tii.
    Riiiiiiiight.
    Chicken You dont believe me? Fine. Just come the ides of Tii, you’ll see. Anything can happen: poisonings, insanification, spontaneous explosionings…
    Explosionings.
    Chicken …gravity sucks and sudden baldness. I’ve seen it all. I’ve seen it all. You watch your step on the ides of Tii.
    Sounds like it. When are the ides of Tii?
    Chicken I look like I know? I couldn’t tell you. They’re dangerous, though. Beware them. Beware. Beware the ides of Tii.
    Brilliant. Thanks. Consider me beworn.
    Chicken Not a problem.
    Great.
  • Street Spirit Stories

Street Spirit  How-do there, Little?
    How-do.
    Street Spirit  Lush, ain’t it?
    Lush?
    Street Spirit  Lush. Not like “Y’all see him o’er ? He’s a Friend of Friendly and no mistake” lush. Like “My, ain’t we looking Purdy an’ Green an’ Fertile terday?” lush. Ah. Yes. Very lush.
    Street Spirit  See, in the lives the Giants had before, there weren’t no such thing as lush. Sure been such things as ‘bleak’, and ‘barren’, and a whole heap of ‘goshforsaken’, but lushness? No sir there weren’t a dribblin’ of lush.
    Oh.
    Street Spirit  So when the world came springin’ all to be, lushness was the first thing there was. Green, fertile, flower-filled sunshine-bathed lushness everywhere. Course, some of them giants didn’t like it.
    No?
    Street Spirit  No, L’il Honeybadger, no. Not one tiny bitty.
    So what happened?
    Street Spirit  No one knows for sure. All we knewed was that one day there was some mighty wind, and you could hear the giants roarin’, and the ground all fell to shakin’, and then, the half the dern forest fell cattywampus into itself, and rocks came tumblin’ on top of it and buried it all in caverns and caves an’ all.
    So there's forest UNDER the caverns?
    Street Spirit  Who can say? P’raps there is, praps there ain’t But sometimes, I swear I can hear it growin’ down there.
    I see.

Street Spirit  Darklee sat yon giants, brooding in their funk.
    In darkly times, they grizzled at their woe.
    What? Why? Huh?
    Street Spirit  They grumbled! After the furny blast did blasty-raze the wood 
    And leave but twiggybits!
    Twiggybits?
    Street Spirit  For surishly maybelike! Twiggybits just! No mores!
    Well, no more but wetly peat-ash and jellicle-spores.
    Oh! The firebog!
    Street Spirit  Sayso! Firelybogs from forests green did spring
    And giantly grumbles echoly did ring. For eons long!
    Wowzers.
    Street Spirit  Full rightly wowzers say you, tiny Glitch.
    This fizzling firebog once all forest was.
    And giantly sads was deep and thick and flub.
    Flub.
    Street Spirit  Flub.
    Right.

Street Spirit Yay, listen Glitchy, while history surrounds 'ee
    Right.
    Street Spirit Tight-wovened strings that binded giants were
    Till Rookling first did swoop upon the world.
    It tore with toothied beak and razored claw
    Straight through the imaginings so careful-wrought.
    Dork.
    Street Spirit And in their sleep giant tears rolled down giant chins,
    To watch their frabjous world be torn in bits.
    The rook is part of them they cannot kill.
    The knowledge of it heavy on them sits.
    And breaks their sleeps.
    Sleep.
    Street Spirit Sleeps.
    Whatever. That's sad.

Street Spirit Gosh DARN It!
    Huh?
    Street Spirit  Darn it, I said. I was nappin’. Y’all new round these parts?
    New-ish?
    Street Spirit Dang, Small, all a y’all are new compared to us.
    So I hear.
    Street Spirit  Jis’ woked up from a nap, and clean forgot where I was for a tick. Thought it was way back when. You know, back then, alla this were forest.
    Like Groddle Forest, you mean?
    Street Spirit Well, I know. Technically, quite a lot of this ‘ere still IS forest. But I’m sayin’, all was forest, once. But only because forest was all there was. There wasn’t anything else. The whole world was forest.
    All of it?
    Street Spirit All of it. There was nothing but forest in the beginning.
    So what happened to it?
    Street Spirit  Happened? Nothing, little mucker. Mosta the forest there WAS still IS. But all the other world grew up around it. As the giants’ imagination expanded, the world took off in all manner of bizarre directions. I heard talk of deserts and firebogs, though I never believed them to be true.
    Wellllll...
    Street Spirit And won’t hear any different. Far as I’m concerned, forest is all there be. I know what I know: the forest was the first land that ever was. I know, for I was there in it when it came into being.
    I see.
  • Last pilgrimage of Esquibeth

(Eastern Grotto)
    (Sound required. Turn up speakers and game sound.)

It was a time of great uncertainty. The Giants, confused and weary, were drifting apart.

Their shared imagination – this very world – was under threat.

It was then that Esquibeth of Inari embarked upon her last pilgrimage …

(You found all the notes. Now, play the song.)

Esquibeth’s entry into the mind of Grendaline was our final hope …

(Western Grotto)

Her song rang out, and by this song Grendaline called to the other Giants …

(Waterfall Climb)
    (Waterfall Hollow)

… and so it was that Esquibeth’s pilgrimage brought Grendaline back to the fold and preserved the Elevenness of Everything.
  • Shrine to Friendly  Par-parrrrrrrp. Silence and alertity, Little Child of Friendly, for your daily proverb from the Epic of Friendly.

Shrine to Friendly  "Proverb 4,8: 15 - When two friends meet together, at night, in the shadow of the rook, the one bearing the greatest booze-concoction shall triumph..."

Shrine to Friendly  "...The other will be called “He who smells of very stinky cheese” by all who meet him."

Shrine to Friendly  “Also: never trust Zillots.”

Shrine to Friendly  Friendly has spoken.

Shrine to Friendly  End of proverb. Parrr-parrrrrrrp.

--

Street Spirit  When came the Glitch to walk upon this land?

Street Spirit  What Lemmish map did lead them to this place?
    This ground was shaped by naught but Giant’s hand
    Each feature caused a smile upon Giants’ face.

Street Spirit  Age upon age, this land stood, icy still
    The only sound the flap of butt’ry wings

Street Spirit  And yet, of late - an influx: sudden fill
    Of Glitchlife and the chaos that it brings.
    Who knows what tree they might plant somewhere next?
    Who knows how long that tree might get to live?
    Our firstly instinct was to get quite vexed.
    But life with giants has taught us to forgive.
    Whichever way the Glitchy whims might bend
    The world will find its balance in the end.
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Street Spirit  There was a time, before you Glitches came
    When through these lands some other feet did tread
    I knew them by the noise before the name

Street Spirit  Their voices cut all earholes into shreds.

Street Spirit  Those were, I think, the supplicants of Pot
    Whose bawdy songs in keys too high to hear
    Would cause the rocks themselves to blush a lot.
    (Though rocks themselves say things that shame your ears).

Street Spirit  Some swore eternal loyalty to Lem
    And wore the Lemmish stripes upon their leg.
    They boasted of the ground covered by them.
    How far they’d hoofed o’er land and sea and weg.

Street Spirit  That’s not the point. The fact is, before you
    Were here, lived lives, and left their own mark, too.
  • I didn't copy the replies, but here's the story of lemons and Pot (the piggy part isn't in the wiki, as far as I can tell).

Oct 12 7:32:49PM Fruit Tree  Hey.
    Oct 12 7:32:51PM Fruit Tree  Lemons?
    Oct 12 7:32:58PM Fruit Tree  Pot.
    Oct 12 7:33:01PM Fruit Tree  Liked'em.
    Oct 12 7:33:06PM Fruit Tree  A lot.
    Oct 12 7:33:08PM Fruit Tree  A LOT.
    Oct 12 7:33:09PM Fruit Tree  Ask pig.

Oct 12 7:35:43PM Piggy  Lemons? And Pot? Dude, don't talk to me about Pot and lemons.
    Oct 12 7:35:46PM Piggy  You should.
    Oct 12 7:35:49PM Piggy  There was just this time, right? It was the feast of Pot. Everyone was totally … how old are you? Well, whatever, everyone was having a Very Good Time, you get me?
    Oct 12 7:35:54PM Piggy  And this High Potian Priest dude climbed on a table, and started waxing about how he’d got this message, right? About how the thing that would please Pot the most was this dessert he loved as a kid. And he was like: the only thing for it was to gather ALL the lemons in the multiverse and smoosh them all up, and then top them with CLOUDS mixed with HONEY. And, like, if they could only do that, Pot would grant them all this thing, yeah?
    Oct 12 7:36:04PM Piggy  Well that’s the problem. No one at that party remembered. Damn, dude: that was one hell of a party.
    Oct 12 7:36:06PM Piggy  I know, right? Anyway, it led to the Great Lemon Shortage and the consequential Four-Hundred-Year Angry Citratic War.
    Oct 12 7:36:11PM Piggy  I know, bummer, right? Yeah, it was a bummer. Catch ya later. Gots turf to snuffle.
    Posted 11 years ago by indiewindi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kalsangikid, I'm also looking for your "character's responses" in the form of typed text like those before you have posted. This is just Stories, no quests or badges.

Here's an example of one I got not so long ago:

The Epic Log of the Wood Tree

Wood Tree  You know who knows his wood?
    I shudder to think.
    Wood Tree  Spriggan.
    Logical.
    Wood Tree  Not only is he an expert, he’s obsessed. Last thing at night, first thing in the morning, wood is the only thing on his mind. He’s a single-track giant, that one.  If it was up to Spriggan, everything that could be thought would burst through the ground tall, proud, and made of solid wood.
    Wow.
    Wood Tree  Yes wow. And that, my little fleshy friend, is why, of all the 11 ages, the age of Spriggan was possibly the least successful.
    It was?
    Wood Tree  All started so well. But all the followers of the other giants said he was too rigid, you know? Stiff…
    Um...
    Wood Tree  And then the time when… Oh, the great conflagration.
    ...A fire?!
    Wood Tree  No. No conflagration conversation. Not ready. Not yet.
    Consider me intrigued.
  • I was hoping the responses would get saved, too. Sorry about that. :/
  • Yeah, it doesn't go in local chat, sadly, so you have to type it yourself. :(
  • Flashbacks of the Gas Plant

Gas Plant You remind me of a man.
    What man?
    Gas Plant The man with the power.
    What power?
    Gas Plant The power of thingy.
    Thingy?
    Gas Plant What now?
    You said...
    Gas Plant You remind me of a man.
    *sigh*
    Gas Plant No, I'm serious. This world has been through an infinite number of eras, man, eras upon eras upon eras, and I've seen more Glitches and Mabbites, Cosmapolitans, Friends and Zillots than  you can imagine, so when I say you remind me of a man, trush me, I'm good for it.
    But which man?
    Gas Plant The man with the power.
    I'm not doing this.
    Gas Plant Seriously, friend. He was some kind of? I don't know - Chief Lemmite Directional Officer, I think. Whatever the case. He passed this way often. And he'd want me to tell you: the maps you have? They barely scratch the surface. The places you really want to go to? They don't have no map.
    Like?
    Gas Plant I could not tell you, my friend. That's classified information. High-powered Lemmite supplicants only. I wish I knew.
    I see.
  • Peat Bog:  Ehh? Whatwhat? What’s that you say?
    Um... I didn't say anything? 
    Peat Bog:  Quite right too. All the talking that goes on. No thought for those who might just want a bit of peace. 
    I hear you.
    Peat Bog:  You know who was the worst? The Zillots. Always bangin’ on about the mighty giant that thought them up as some perfect little people.
    And?
    Peat Bog:  Hogwash. Even if there WERE giants, and I ain’t sayin’ that there are, and I ain’t sayin’ that there aren’t, the only things they had a mind for were mountains, oceans, and grand poobahs. 
    Poobahs? 
    Peat Bog:  Poobahs! Here’s learnin’ for ya: If anyone thought them little’uns into bein’, it was the trees, or the animals, or, peat-a-mercy, I might've even done it!
    Did you?
    Peat Bog:  No. But I might. More likely, though, they went ahead and just imagined themselves.
    And that's possible?
    Peat Bog:  Anything's possible. 'Cept carrying on this conversation. I'm bored. Gitoffa my lawn, kid.
    Gittinoffit.
    Posted 11 years ago by bergamot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bubble Tree:  Sometimes, when my bubbles burst while I’m growing them, I hear old voices. You hear that?
    I don't think so...
    Bubble Tree:  The other day, I swear I heard two voices - not Glitches like you, but echoes, older voices, from before maybe Grendalinians from the sound of them – discussing their search to find some sort of artifact they needed, in a plot to overthrow … to… overthrow…
    ... to overthrow...?
    Bubble Tree:  SHHH! Did you hear that? Someone’s listening. Walk away! We never had this conversation! I told you nothing!
    That's not too far from the truth...
    Bubble Tree:  Shhh… Pop! Bees! Bees everywhere! Bees in hats! Military hats! Pop POP!
    Um... Ok.
  • Common complaints of Beryl

Beryl Rock  Spriggan thought it was funny, you know.

What?

Beryl Rock  To get back at almighty Zille, creator of all, Spriggan offered to help out tending the rocks one day. You know, to get on her good side.

Whose?

Beryl Rock  ZILLE, may she look kindly upon my greenly obedience. Zille? The one true giant? Giant before all giants, sculptor of creation, she who cannot be shaken? Zille, all obsequious obeisance to her name. Anyway, to make a long story short…

Too late.

Beryl Rock  …Spriggan, so proud of the way his piffling tree things worked, decided everything, everything should have roots. And PING! Everyone gets roots. And suddenly PAF. Beryl gets to grow back.

Rocks have roots?

Beryl Rock  I know. Ridiculous. That Spriggan. Don’t tell anyone I said this, but – *shhhh* – he’s not as funny as he thinks he is. And what is more…

There's more?

Beryl Rock  Regeneration is a right pain in the elements.

Poor Beryl.

Beryl Rock  You mocking me, Glitch?

Nooooooo.
  • Updated the google document to show all of what I have so far, so there's no repeats. Will add in more to it later this evening or tomorrow. Thanks SO much guys! I really appreciate it!
  • The Shape of the World

Gas Plant  This time… One of the great Lemmish Wanderers, Birdie, was passing through, on her way from Groddle Forest to the sand dunes of Hyperia. And she passed on a piece of truth. You want to hear that truth, friend?

Hit me.

Gas Plant  I’m not sure you’re ready for the truth, friend.

I'm ready.

Gas Plant  Can you handle the truth?

Getonwithit.

Gas Plant  She told me - and you might want to hold on to your mind right now, because I’m about to blow it straight outta your darn ears… wait… What were we talking about? No, wait: I’m there, man. I’m there. She told me, Birdie told me, that the world she journeyed around… was round. ROUND.

Oh.

Gas Plant  No, man. Round… But outside-in. So if Cosma suddenly loses interest, and everything up goes down and everything down goes up, you don’t fall OFF, or OUT the world, man: YOU FALL UP, and YOU FALL IN.

I have no idea what you're saying right now.

Gas Plant  I told you you couldn’t handle my truth.

*sigh*
  • Rituals of the Giants

Shrine to Grendaline  ... Bzzzzzz... testing... testing...
    123?
    Shrine to Grendaline  ...All ... *click*... All be upstanding for the Grendalinian Anthem.
    Consider me upstood.
    Shrine to Grendaline  ...Nyaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrk... guk-guk-guk-guk Grendalina HUH!
    Wait, whu?
    Shrine to Grendaline  Fnnnnnnnnorrrrr... schmik-schmik-schmik-schmik Grendalina PNANG.
    This is terrible.
    Shrine to Grendaline  Nork-podge-geesh-wang Grendalina HEY.
    Please stop.
    Shrine to Grendaline  Grendalina, Grendalina, ONK ONK ONK.
    Wow. That's a doozy.
    Shrine to Grendaline  ... Grendalinians, stand down. All, stand... *click*... stand down.
    With pleasure.
  • The unreliable reminiscences of a batterfly

A Batterfly Named Bubba 
    YOU KNOW, I WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING.

You don't say.

A Batterfly Named Bubba
    I WAS THERE AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY AGE, IN FACT. FROM THE AGE OF ALPH THROUGH TO THE GLORIOUS ERA OF ZILLE. AND BACK AGAIN.

Wait what? Back again?

A Batterfly Named Bubba
    WELL. THEY MAY NOT HAVE BEEN IN THAT ORDER. OR IF THEY WERE, THEY WEREN’T THE NEXT TIME AROUND. 

Wait, whatnow? Gah.
  • Egg Plant: Eggs, for the record, are not round. They are ovoid. You may be able to trace a line around them, but they are not, in themselves, round. Very few things are.
    Apart from the world being round? Or the gas plant told me it was, at least?
    Egg Plant: The Gas Plant has very little idea of how things are, in reality. Reality is not something that bothers Gas Plants very much. The world is no more round than my fragile harvest is round.
    So the world is ovoid?
    Egg Plant: No. Eggs are ovoid. Pay attention, my distractable little mentee, and I will instruct you on the reality, as passed down to me by a great Alphibian scientist named Weena, creator of the first glorious subterranean transportation prototype.
    I see.
    Egg Plant: You don’t, but I shall continue regardless.
    Fair enough.
    Egg Plant: The world, you should understand, is constructed in layers. Just as hills sit above caves and caves sit upon other caves, so this layer of world sits upon a whole other layer of world, and beneath that one, a whole other world, and beneath that one, a whole other. Each with their own time structure, creatures, societies, and, perhaps, their own giants.
    How far down?
    Egg Plant: All the way, my precious. All the way down.
    But wha...oh, never mind.
    And then flash crashed, so I can't finish the egg plants's story...
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG BACON, if you wander back to one you can repeat the story (sometimes). I've had it do that when I had forced reloads.
  • Rituals of the Giants

Shrine to Pot  Attention, supplicant.  Attention. Attention Supplicant... att...att... bzzzzzz... attention loyal supplicant.
    Attending.
    Shrine to Pot  The following is a ... urrrzzzzzzzzz ... announcement on behalf of Pot... click! Cick! ... of Pot.
    Reception's terrible, dude.
    Shrine to Pot  It has come to the attention of the giants that the stash of... urzzzzzz... hell wine has been ran...rans... ran...
    sacked?
    Shrine to Pot  Ransacked. This is not acceptable. Also, Pot wishes the Potulace to know, it shows very little taste in alcohol. It is bad, BAD wine.
    But...
    Shrine to Pot  And just because the Giants are sleeping, it does not mean they do not know what is going on down here. And if it contin... cont... cont...
    *kick*
    Shrine to Pot  ... inues, you will all be eradicated by the rook. You and your sheepies, ducks, and sorbetflies.
    Wait! How old Is this...
    Shrine to Pot  This is the decree of Pot. Message ends. Bzzzzz.
    Hrmpf.

Shrine to Spriggan  All rise. ALL RISE, for the daily recitation of the Pledge to Spriggan.
    I'm risen, but...
    Shrine to Spriggan  We, earnest tree-huggers and loyal supplicants to Spriggan, pledge allegiance to the All-Powerful Giant of Trees.
    Look, I'm not sure...
    Shrine to Spriggan  We swear to pet, not poison, water, not weedkill, and never to go against the grain, when we know the grain is good.
    I'm not really a Spriggot, tbh.
    Shrine to Spriggan  We will cherish our wood, and love our logs, and never take a hatchet to a dying friend, for every tree is our friend.
    Oh come ON...
    Shrine to Spriggan  ... nd above all, deny our loyalty to any giant but Spriggan.
    I'm sorry, I can't.
    Shrine to Spriggan  In this, the age of Spriggan.
    But, but - it's not. When is this from?
    Shrine to Spriggan  Now and ever more. This is our special pledge. Our lives are made shiny by it. We wooden’ lie.
    That's terrible. This is awful.
    Shrine to Spriggan  You may now continue your day. Transmission ends.
    Unbeleafable.

(Finally, a Spriggan related one. I did want to say that I am a Spriggot, though.)
  • From the Books of the Giants

Shrine to Lem Beep. Beep. Beep.
    Beep?
    Shrine to Lem  Prepare for Today’s extract from the Book of Lem is taken from Sector 314, Latitude 4.2, Node 6. "And so it did come to pass that Lemuel, son of Lemuel, did become the very first giant to lay down his world-sized tools and close his brobdingnagian eyelids, and slip from the greyness of the real world, and start to roam mindfullingly through the world the giants created had..."
    Created had?
    Shrine to Lem  "...And roam he did until he knew every corner better than anyone imagining, imagined or imaginable - giant, critter, bureaucrat, spirit or world-liver. And thus did Lem become the Giant of knowledge, of directions, and of advice."
    Ohhh...
    Shrine to Lem  Thus endeth the extract. Time to leave. Beep. Beep. Beeeep.
    Wow.
  • The Unreliable Reminiscences of a Batterfly

A Batterfly Named GREAT SCOTT
    YES. I WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING.
    Who'd've thunk it?

THERE WAS THIS FIZZLING. AND THEN A LOUD FARTING NOISE. AND THEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN, A QUIET HARMONY OF EXISTENCE. AND THEN A SINGLE MARBLE ROLLED INTO THE CARVERNS, AND BOUNCED DOWN INTO THE DEPTHS.
    And where is it now?

NO IDEA.
    Oh. Thanks.

BUT THEY SAY THAT EVERYTHING THAT EXISTED BEFORE THIS EVERYTHING IS CONTAINED WITHIN IT. SO THEY SAY.
    Intriguing.
  • Has anyone found the one with Glitch's version of Romeo and Juliet?
    Posted 11 years ago by Maria Diatorre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't run across it yet, Maria. If I do, you'll see it in my document. EDIT: Just updated it.
  • Here's what I have so far based on title of story, if there's anything I DON'T have to those stories, please let me know.

The Bubble Conspiracies
    Brief Thoughts of the Fruit Tree
    The Chicken's Cautionary Tales
    Piggy Tales
    Confessions of a Spice Plant
    The Ages of the World
    The Shape of the World
    Flashbacks of a Gas Plant
    The Chronicles of Peat
    Ruminations of an Egg Plant
    The Surfeit of Cherries
    Tales of the Sparkly
    One Tree Claims To Know the Unknowable
    Ages of the World
    Perspectives of a Patch (I believe I'm missing a Patch story, it may not be from this title though)
    What the Butterfly Saw
    The Unreliable Reminiscences of the Batterfly
    The Epic Log of the Wood Tree
    Facts of the Giants
    The Rise and Fall of the Bean
    Street Spirit Stories
    Rituals of the Giants
    From the Books of the Giants
    The Dramatic History of Dullite
    Common Complaints of Beryl
    Sonnets of the Street Spirit
    Street Spirit Mysteries
    The First Rock
    The Genesis of a Rock
    When Down Was Up

Missing from the list: story (ies?) from Mortar Barnacles, Metal Rocks (I know there IS one since I was told it like a month ago but wasn't keeping tabs), anything else not on this list or out of order.
  • The Shape of the World  

Bubble Tree:  HEY! Don’t look. Just listen. Don’t let anyone know you’re listening. Just pretend you happen to be standing there, and if anyone asks you, I haven’t told you anything. 

You:  You haven't told me anything. 

Bubble Tree:  That's it. 

You:  No, you ACTUALLY haven't told me anything.

Bubble Tree:  Ah. Shhh. Yes. Did you hear that? There was a clicking and a… Never mind. Just know this. Whatever anyone tells you about this place - about it being round, or flat, or layered or flipped or upside down or outside in… 

You:  How did you know?  

Bubble Tree:  I know how it works. I know a hawk from a handsaw, but shhhh, this is important: it’s all wrong. There’s nothing in this world that’s concrete. It’s all a bubble inside a bubble. A thought inside a thought. It’s not real. Nothing’s real. The only thing that’s real is… shhh!…The rook!

You:  Wait, what?  

Bubble Tree:  SHHHHH! Wingbeats. I heard wingbeats. Get away from me. Get away. You never spoke to me. I never told you anything. Pop. Pop pop. The giant ate the moon. The moon’s an avocado. You’ve never been here. You’re not here now. POP. 

You:  You're weird.
  • Wow, Ayasta, that's quite a library! I'll keep my eyes peeled for more things wanting to talk to me. Hope we get them all before the game ends!
  • The creator of the Universe

Patch:
    It make me laugh it do.
    What do? I mean, does? What does?
    Patch:
    Fings are all likes "one true giant" dis and "uvver true giant" vat. It's juss dikkle’us.
    Ridiculous?
    Patch:  Yus. Dikkle’us.
    No, I mean, WHY is it ridiculous?
    Patch:
    Cos thems aren’t one true nuffink.
    And who IS, then?
    Patch:
    None’ve ‘em.
    None of the Giants are Top Giant?
    Patch:
    Hur hur hur hur. No. There’s NOT any giants at all, silly. I like you.
    I'm sorry, say what now?
    Patch:
    Mabbite called Mahir did make’em all up. For funs. ‘K, I tired now bye.
    Bye then.
    Posted 11 years ago by Earth4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh, I don't have that one Earth4, thanks so much! I got the first part not so long ago.

I am still searching for: Metal Rock story and jellisac (I've heard there is one) and anything else that the mortar barnacle might say beyond what I have.
  • I really like the whole text of that patch asking us to remember it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BUMP! I'm looking for the metal Rock story if anyone has it, possible jellisac story (I don't believe there  is one though)
  • Is there any way to trigger the Metal Rock story? I have only talked to the Piggy so far but no story coming from Metal Rock yet.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't know if you already have this one; in case you don't, here you go:

SPOING!!! Ha?!? What? Say? Hi!
    [Waah. WHat?]
    Woah! Yah! Woaaaaahh! Hee-hee! Spoing!
    [Calm down!]
    Hee! No calm! Too much! Look! Look you talking! You talking! To me!
    [Sheeeeesh.]
    Zille frowns on jollity. And fun. And floating. Floating is fun.
    [You're floating...]
    Me? No. This? No no no. This is just a hangover from a time before, when down was up and up was down.
    [What?]
    When time that Cosma forgot and most other giants ignored. Who are they to care if caverns are suddenly the tunnels of the sky?
    [Tunnels of the...]
    So then I hung upside down, now I hang downside up. Whatever. All helps to get the stardusts out of my earryholes.
    [Interesting.]
  • Any more stories any one's picked up along the way? *bumping*
  • Collected the following stories from the icons:

Books of the Giants

Beep. Beep. Beep.
    [Beep?]
    “Prepare for Today’s extract from the Book of Lem is taken from Sector 314, Latitude 4.2, Node 6. “And so it did come to pass that Lemuel, son of Lemuel, did become the very first giant to lay down his world-sized tools and close his brobdingnagian eyelids, and slip from the greyness of the real world, and start to roam mindfullingly through the world the giants created had...”
    [Created had?]
    “...And roam he did until he knew every corner better than anyone imagining, imagined or imaginable - giant, critter, bureaucrat, spirit or world-liver. And thus did Lem become the Giant of knowledge, of directions, and of advice.”
    [Ohhh...]
    Thus endeth the extract. Time to leave. Beep. Beep. Beeeep.
    [Wow.]

Voices of the Giants

Buzz... *click*... *click*... Hello?
    [Hello?]
    Hello?
    [Hello?]
    Hello? I’m sorry, the line is very bad. Is this thing on? This is Mab’s direct message line. Anything you say may be recorded. I’m not sure we’ve set this thing up correctly. What’s this button? Is it plugged in? What’s a plug? Does it have one?
    [Huh?]
    ... have a message, please leave it after the beep. If you have, however, found the very important artifact that Mab has been seeking for so long, known as Mab “Guffin”, please read the secret word printed on the underside of the object for a direct line to wake Mab and speak directly to her.
    [What what?!]
    ...All other enquiries, please... Hang on, does this thing run out of time? What do I push? Regardless, please leave a tone after the... we mean, a message after th... *click*
    [Hello?]
    *Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
    [Awesome.]

Books of the Giants

Par-parrrrrrrp. Silence and alertity, Little Child of Friendly, for your daily proverb from the Epic of Friendly.
    [Alertify: On]
    “Proverb 4,8: 15 - When two friends meet together, at night, in the shadow of the rook, the one bearing the greatest booze-concoction shall triumph...”
    [What?]
    “...The other will be called “He who smells of very stinky cheese” by all who meet him.”
    [Huh?]
    “Also: never trust Zillots.”
    [But...]
    Friendly has spoken.
    [But what did she SAY?]
    End of proverb. Parrr-parrrrrrrp.
    [You're annoying.]

Facts about the giants

Click. Clickclick... Transmission beeeeeeeee...
    [Need a kick?]
    ... smission begins. Giant fact no.815: Before the time of the great imagining, Humbaba had dominion over only one animal: the great grey grunting, waddling fartybeast of her home swamp.
    [Hm.]
    It is for this reason that, in the time of the great imagining, Humbaba carefully mind-crafted every animal to be special and different and unique. Both the species already hatched, and the species waiting in the future-worlds, waiting to hatch.
    [Huh?]
    Transmission...
    [Wait, what?]
    ... ends. Click.
    [Gah.]

Voices of the giants

*Click* ... Welcome to the Icon of Alph. Please enter your request after the tone.
    [What?]
    I’m sorry, we could not recognise your request. Please re... re... Please repeat your request after the tone.
    [What request?]
    Your request has been accepted, and will be passed along to Alph.
    [Um?]
    Please note, due to overwhelming volume of devotion, there may be some delay in fulfilling your request.
    [Ok?]
    In the meantime, please be assured that ever since the first appearance of a rook, Alph has been hard at work imagining the precise combination of elements that would lead to ultimate rook explodification.
    [Oh?]
    And as soon as Alph has imagined the correct combination, his loyal followers will be the first to... Thank you for ... *click*.
    [Hello? Oh.]

Voices of the giants

Beep-boop. Eeeeeuuuuuuuuuurgh, ping, ping.
    [Ping-ping...]
    Connection made. Tii is online. To progress with your supplication, please click “Enter”.
    [Enter.]
    Tii would like you to know that your donations are important to Tii. Tii thanks you. Please click “You’re welcome”
    [You’re welcome.]
    Tii believes that come the next great age of imagining, the logic and logistical perfection of the way of Tii will win out. Click “Excellent news” to progress.
    [Excellent news.]
    Tii says “Correct”. Tii would like to reassure all loyal Tii-ites that when the time comes, they will be remembered, if not fondly, then certainly fairly. Because as Tii always says, the...
    [Hello?]
    ... the ... eeeuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhh, ping, ping. Connection lost.
    [Dang. I think.]

Facts about the giants

Click... click... transmission begins. Press button to continue.
    [Button?]
    ...Fzzzzzz ... transmission. Giant facts, no.1623: Humbaba, giant overseer of all that walks or crawls or hops upon the land, is as capable as any giant of walking on two legs. Out of respect for her charges, she walks on four.
    [Oh?]
    ... except sometimes, when she slithers. Just so nobody feels left out.
    [Right.]
    ...And occasionally she hops.
    [Anything el..]
    ... Transmission ends. Click.
    [...]

Rituals of the giants

Attention, supplicant.  Attention. Attention Supplicant... att...att... bzzzzzz... attention loyal supplicant.
    [Attending.]
    The following is a ... urrrzzzzzzzzz ... announcement on behalf of Pot... click! Cick! ... of Pot.
    [Reception's horrible, dude.]
     It has come to the attention of the giants that the stash of... urzzzzzz... hell wine has been ran...rans... ran...
    [Sacked?]
    Ransacked. This is not acceptable. Also, Pot wishes the Potulace to know, it shows very little taste in alcohol. It is bad, BAD wine.
    [But...]
    And just because the Giants are sleeping, it does not mean they do not know what is going on down here. And if it contin... cont... cont...
    [*kick*]
     ... inues, you will all be eradicated by the rook. You and your sheepies, ducks, and sorbetflies.
    [Wait! How old IS this...]
    This is the decree of Pot. Message ends. Bzzzzz.
    [Hmpf.]
  • The Unreliable Reminiscences of the Batterfly
    A Batterfly Named Fiyero  I WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING.
    You were?
    A Batterfly Named Fiyero  YES. WELL, I THINK SO. IT WAS VERY DARK.
    Are you sure it was the beginning?
    A Batterfly Named Fiyero  YES. I AM CERTAIN. ALTHOUGH NOW YOU MENTION IT IS VERY DARK QUITE A LOT.
    So it could have been any time, really.
    A Batterfly Named Fiyero  I AM GOING TO HAVE TO THINK HARDER. COME BACK ANOTHER TIME PLEASE.
    OK.
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just finished editing the wiki and putting all of the stories up. That way there, you can find em with ease!
  • awww. TYSVM! It's nice to have these in one spot. I'm hoping the Glitch book will have them too. Is there any estimate on how long the Wiki will be up?
    Posted 11 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • nice job Ayasta ^_^
    Posted 11 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink