Topic

Post-Glitch get-together - LONDON MEET-UP DETAILS

There are a number of UK Glitchen around. Anyone feel like meeting in person after the game closes? Either before Christmas or in early January?

I'm thinking of London as all trains go there and it's near-ish for me, but if there is a large contingent elsewhere we could shift or do more than one thing.

Please say if you would maybe or definitely be up for attending. If we get a critical mass of people I will look into locations, dates, timing etc.

EDITED TO ADD EVENT INFO:

Glitchen will be meeting!

Date and time: Saturday 19 January 2013 from 1pm. Don't know how late we'll finish but try to arrive before 3pm to be sure of joining in the fun.

Place: The Mad Hatter Hotel back bar, which I have booked. I will make sure there is a Glitch-related SOMETHING visible to let you know where to go within the pub.
Address: The Mad Hatter Hotel, 3-7 Stamford Street, London. SE1 9NY
Directions/map at the venue website. This venue is near to various tube and rail stations.

Things to do: Have some food, have some nice drinks, talk. If you would like to play games or otherwise do Glitchy-themed things, someone will have to put those together, so please share ideas and help to make that happen - I will not be able to do all that myself.

Please share this information with anyone who might want to come to the event.

This event won't be in the right place for everyone - please do not feel that just because this event is happening you can't organise something else, elsewhere. I think there is a lot of interest in meeting up with other Glitchen.

Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • I think it is a great idea. Not that local but it would be nice to keep a community together.

Funny how Glitch didn't divide into the RL locations - for me at least lol

Dublin is fun too ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sonneratti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dublin closer and easier for me than the ever present London but so are most places that aren't at the other end of the other country and all trains go to Beijing but I doubt it's all that practical for most people.
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I vote for London and early January :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Violet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am up for London.. Bef Christmas or January... either is ok with me..
    Posted 11 years ago by !$Harrump$! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good idea, but I think after Christmas would be better, many people will have a lot of stuff on beforehand  
    ps Birmingham is more central.. he said trying hard to disguise his Brummie accent  :) 

ETA: It will depend on how many pennies I have at the time (I have a bag of dried currants but they won't accept them in the real world).

I'm wondering what plans you have for the day, Theremina. 
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After New Year would be better for me. I'd prefer London, but Birmingham is possible too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd certainly be a maybe - it all depending on timing. London or Birmingham would be fine with me.
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I could do London in January. Also, if anyone's south of London I could host a party at my place in Dorset, I have sleeping facilities for up to 7 people :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Just Willow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can do London or dorset :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Amelia-Fae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am in Cheshire but could certainly do London or Birmingham or anywhere really as would have to travel no matter what.   I am potentially coming down to London anyway in Feb to see some old friends, but if a Jan meetup goes ahead, I'll see what I can do to come down in Jan instead, as I would love to meet you guys.  Pre-Christmas would definitely be a no from me though, sorry :(
    Posted 11 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • London and January sound great to me :)
    Posted 11 years ago by eviljen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can do London! Definitely after Christmas for me,  I'm in LA from the 13th

*rawks*
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That sounds like a critical mass to me, for London and January - sorry if those are not particulars which suit you. Would more gatherings elsewhere be good too?

Plans for the day - good question! I think I was just envisaging some lunch somewhere tasty but not expensive, and general chatter. We could organise Glitchy party games or something if you like (Glitch mad-libs, pass-the-Wrappable-Gift-Box, etc.). Does anyone have other ideas? It depends on venue really. I could perhaps find a very cheap/free pub function room so we can have some privacy to play pin-the-tail-on-the-piggy or whatever.
  • I would but I am way up in yorkshire and its the money the trains cost to get to london, so like the idea but wont be able to come.
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Posting to say I love the idea!! I'm in Cheshire area, would love to come... if we can get a date settled soonish it would be nice as then there's advance booking for us northerners (and cheapskates :D )
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Plight Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In terms of activities what about a mass singalong to your glitch songs, Thera? :)
  • I'm going to gracefully bow out of this one.  Hope you have a lovely meet up :)  Happy Glitching!! x
    Posted 11 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lovely idea, but too far for me :(

But enjoy yourselves and try to remember me!
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would there be enough of us for a more northern meet up, say in Manchester?
    Posted 11 years ago by pana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Im up for a meet, greet and laugh - happy to meet wherever, london is good.
    Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm also up for meeting up - London is fine as will be coming from S Wales or NW England. 
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 11 years ago by Geezereth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If anyone wants to get together for a mourn/wake in Manchester, I'd be up for that as well as London :D
  • I can do London! Definitely after Christmas for me,  I'm in LA from the 13th
    Hey, if shhexy corin's going, I'm definitely in.
  • If I can afford to make it, I'd come along.  Travel's the killer though, it's an expensive trip from oop north (which I used to make on a monthly basis, of course now it's about double that).
    Posted 11 years ago by Cole Frehlen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Keep me posted ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Duck Bill Platty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, we need to sort out a date, folks. Of the weekends in January and February, I am unavailable 12/13 Jan and 9/10 Feb. Does anyone else have preferences? Bidding starts now! Let's try to get a date in by Sunday, then I can sort out the details after the closure. *sniff*
  • Sat 19th January? 19 is an auspicious number for social gatherings and general fun :)
  • BUMP. Also, please not 13th January because I'm legit hosting the London No Trousers Tube Ride then.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mocha Maid and I can do London.  Not the first weekend in February for us as we'll be at the Filk convention.
    Posted 11 years ago by Josiah Thimblerig Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not the first weekend (5th/6th) of Jan
  • I can only do the last weekend in Feb, but others are fine. I like the 19th!
  • Dang, this is looking like I'll miss it, and I'm in London. Travelling though from January 12 through to mid-March. Hope it's the first and not the last meet-up! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Molly Bloom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We also need to think about the time of day for this meeting up - bearing in mind many of us may have 3-4 hour train journeys - so afternoon might make most sense? 
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any of those dates is fine with me at the moment :)
    Posted 11 years ago by eviljen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I live in London so could probably do any date you chose. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Agnes Snatchflannel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, unless there are any major issues, I will start looking for a venue for the 19th.

We could start at lunchtime and eat together (1pm), or we could start after lunch (3 or 4pm) - we probably shouldn't make it an evening thing as some folks may be travelling a long way.

Time preferences?
  • If there was a London and Manchester party on the same day, there is no reason why they can't link up with Google hangout or similar. 
    Geezereth  I will look after the malts for you. I can be trusted, honest (shuffles feet).
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well..19th is good for me...and any time in the afternoon should be ok really...
    Posted 11 years ago by !$Harrump$! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm traveling in London, and thought you meant tonight by the thread title ... I am staying up and will need a drink to see Glitch go :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Vastra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sadly I'd have to fly to get there but if I could I would.
    Posted 11 years ago by Deltaforce Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would definitely be up for a London meetup!!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by tass timez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Time preferences?
    Really don't mind. Lunch sounds good...
  • Would love to be part of this but it's just not possible. I'm all the way down in Cornwall and there's no way I can afford to get to London :-(  Looks like it's going to be a fun get-together though.
    Posted 11 years ago by PurpleJuju Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, EVENT DETAILS:

Glitchen will be meeting!

Date and time: Saturday 19 January 2013 from 1pm. Don't know how late we'll finish but try to arrive before 3pm to be sure of joining in the fun.

Place: The Mad Hatter Hotel back bar, which I have booked. I will make sure there is a Glitch-related SOMETHING visible to let you know where to go within the pub.
    Address: The Mad Hatter Hotel, 3-7 Stamford Street, London. SE1 9NY
    Directions/map at the venue website. This venue is near to various tube and rail stations.

Things to do: Have some food, have some nice drinks, talk. If you would like to play games or otherwise do Glitchy-themed things, someone will have to put those together, so please share ideas and help to make that happen - I will not be able to do all that myself.

Please share this information with anyone who might want to come to the event.

This event won't be in the right place for everyone - please do not feel that just because this event is happening you can't organise something else, elsewhere. I think there is a lot of interest in meeting up with other Glitchen.
  • It would really, really help me if you could let me know definitely that you are coming. You can post here or email me at puchiko@gmail.com.
  • Yay, I'm definitely going! Really looking forward to meeting fellow Glitchens, thanks for organising this! Please let me know if I can help with anything! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by bitmOO Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for organising this.  Mocha Maid and I both definitely plan to come.

This forum may be closed by the 19th.  Do we have another place to share plans and announce any late changes?
    Posted 11 years ago by Josiah Thimblerig Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I could set up a basic email list? Can't assume everyone would be ok with Facebook or willing to register on another site. But if you have suggestions please make them.
  • I would so love to, miss you all so much. Had a fantasy of flying from Texas to London and splanking miss Lute right on the lips, but that's not gonna happen, then the tears started again, and 
    I sneezed and a bean fell out of my nose.

i

lute right on the lips.  But then I started tearing up again and I sneezed and a bean fell out.
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Fnordo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3