Topic

Poll : Which game styles do you favor:

This is so i can figure out which features you desire the most in a game, to help narrow down what types of game criteria to concentrate the most on when searching for a migration game. We need to start narrowing our options...so....Copy the list into your reply, rate each from 0-5, 0 being of no interest, and 5 being of very high interest...for things you would ideally want in a migration game....thank you!

RPG                                                                             

Puzzle
Building
Crafting
Sandbox
Humor
Racing / Running
1 Interactive World (no seprate servers)
Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?
Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)

For the Graphics ? please just state what your preference is, or if it doesnt really matter to you....
Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text)

Any other comments apprecitated!

Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Lyrical-i hope this helps to find a game suitable but no offense I don't know that it will. If there doesn't exist a game out there, then there is no game to migrate to. Anyway, I will provide my answers just in case:
    RPG     =3                                                                         Puzzle=5
    Building=5
    Crafting=3
    Sandbox=?? I want the ability to create and decorate but NOT everything from scratch like in Minecraft which the kids play
    Humor=3
    Racing / Running=0
    1 Interactive World (no separate servers)=6
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? prefer both equally
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)=yes I would like a "real world" type of land I am NOT into medieval or dragons or too real like Sim City

For the Graphics ? please just state what your preference is, or if it doesnt really matter to you....Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text)=2D cutesy like Glitch is the best. I don't prefer too real or too much text.

Glitch really had the best of everything :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Holly Waterfall, Agreed, there is nothing like Glitch and I'm broken-hearted by all of this.  AND, Thank You, Lyrical Deja Vu, for doing all you can to help us find a new game/place.  I really do appreciate all the feed-back you've given on the recommended games.  Here goes...

RPG--4
    Puzzle--3
    Building--3
    Crafting--4
    Sandbox--5
    Humor--4
    Racing / Running--2.5
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers)--5
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?--4
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)--3

For the Graphics ? please just state what your preference is, or if it doesnt really matter to you....Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text)--Cutesy, (not sure that I don't like text, I just don't really care for realistics like small world)
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG  2
    Puzzle 3
    Building 4
    Crafting 4
    Sandbox 5
    Humor 5
    Racing / Running 1
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) 5
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? both
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) any

Graphics: any
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lyrical-are you making a spreadsheet of this info? It is interesting how the three of us that have posted thus far are pretty even in our desires. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3 RPG                                                                              
    3 Puzzle
    4 Building
    4 Crafting
    5 Sandbox
    6 Humor
    0 Racing / Running
    3 One Interactive World (no separate servers)
    3 (I guess skills/tasks have a slight edge) Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?
    6 Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)

Graphics: Cutesy, yes; Text, no
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG - 5                                                
    Puzzle - 2
    Building - 4
    Crafting - 3
    Sandbox - 3
    Humor- 3
    Racing / Running - 0
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) - 3
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat - 0
    Simulation - 1

Graphics - Graphics aren't really important to me, as long as I can get a decent framerate on my old rustbucket computer.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zigniber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks to everyone answering so far...and...Small clarification points...

-Sandbox typically means, its more free-form vs. linear  progression, so you can do what you want when you want, can craft, or fight, or make food , or build or etc. and its not really detrimental to your progression.....its more open....quite often they don't have levels or classes...and yes Glitch did fall into the Sandbox category.

-RPG's on the other hand tend to have set classes, levels, and skills, and once you chose one you cant do skills from other classes, also they rely heavily on fighting and drops to get items
    -----there  is a bit of cross over because there are RPG's that have some sandbox elements...and vice versa...but when i stated above i was meaning basic core concepts...anyway...figured id state all that before this got majorly long!:)
  • I see...I edited to change sandbox to "5".  was gonna make it 6.1000009 but decided against that!

ETA: Me too: Non violence.  Quirkiness.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG: 3                                                                   
    Puzzle: 2
    Building: 5
    Crafting: 5
    Sandbox: 5
    Humor: 3
    Racing / Running: 0
    1 Interactive World: 2
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat: 3
    Simulation: 5
    Graphics: Not very important
    Posted 11 years ago by Vexia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Non violence.
    Quirkiness.
    The rest doesn't matter so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Apolline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG 5                                                                             Puzzle 0
    Building 3
    Crafting 5
    Sandbox5
    Humor 3
    Racing / Running 0
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) 2
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat 2
    Simulation 3
    Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text) 2 - it doesnt really matter to me 
    Posted 11 years ago by Miki Takahashi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG 5
    Puzzle 4
    Building 2
    Crafting 3
    Sandbox 5
    Humor 3
    Racing / Running 1
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) 4
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? -- Depends on the game
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) -- 3
    Posted 11 years ago by LolaPop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG: 5
    Puzzle: 3
    Building: 5
    Crafting: 5
    Sandbox: 5
    Humor: 3
    Racing / Running: 0 
    Interactive World: 2
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat: 2
    Simulation: 3
    Graphics: Not very important

RPG is not too important because if a game I play has no RPG elements then I will just roleplay and entertain myself like I do when I am playing Under the Ocean lol
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG: 4
    Puzzle: 4
    Building: 4
    Crafting: 4
    Sandbox: 4
    Humor: 3
    Racing / Running: 0
    1 Interactive World (no separate servers): 3
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?: I usually prefer tasks and solo play as opposed to social, but Glitch has changed my view on that a little. I'd prefer to have things to do by myself (or with other people) as opposed to solely social, though.
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets): 4
    Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text): Not so important, but I usually prefer realistic/3D over other things, but again, Glitch has shown me that I can enjoy 2D/cutesy stuff. I don't really like the cutesy chibi anime style, though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG 5 (I'm interested in this ONLY if it's not your standard hack and slash. Especially if there's a story and/or actual roleplaying. I haven't seen this done in an MMO yet. Otherwise, 0.)
    Puzzle 2
    Building 4
    Crafting 4
    Sandbox 5
    Humor 4
    Racing / Running 0
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) 3
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) 0
    Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? Some balance is great, I guess? I like both.
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) 5 I actually really dig gardening games and stuff when you get to do the arranging/decorating stuff yourself. Cities and civs are cool too, I'm a big single-player Civ player and I love stuff like SimCity, SimTower, etc. Pets I'm not really interested in.

For the Graphics ? please just state what your preference is, or if it doesnt really matter to you....
    Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text) Interesting. I'm interested in any graphical style that's interesting. Cute is nice. I love the genderless avatars in Glitch; I'm really sick of having to choose between an improbably boobed lady or a dude with a six-pack and hair so pointy it should double as a weapon.

My biggest thing is that I have a hard time with freemium games where you can pay for in-game advantages. I liked the Glitch system where you have more customization options, though Glitch's closing might indicate that's not really viable. I'm cool with subscription games, even subscription games where subscribers get a lot more content than free users, but I'm not so interested in ones where you can get really significant advantages. I prefer the two-tier system for subscribers/non-subscribers.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixel Dirigible Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG =5                                                                              Puzzle =2
    Building =3
    Crafting =3
    Sandbox =4
    Humor=5
    Racing / Running =4
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) =4
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? =3
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) 2

For the Graphics ? please just state what your preference is, or if it doesnt really matter to you....Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text) 2D.  The graphics for this game are good, but i like something in the lines of Rune Factory. When your playing, you see one thing, then in conversation, you see the drawn character. so if there is a way to design your own based on a template, that would be good. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sora Kohaku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG = 2Puzzle = 4
    Building = 3
    Crafting = 3
    Sandbox = 4
    Humor = 5
    Racing / Running = 2
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) = 3
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? = 4
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) = 3

As for graphics, anything really except mostly text. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG 3
    Puzzle 3
    Building 5
    Crafting 5
    Sandbox 5
    Humor 3
    Racing / Running 1
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) 3
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? 1
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) 3
    Posted 11 years ago by Jokes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG  - 5                                                             
    Puzzle - 3
    Building - 4
    Crafting - 4
    Sandbox - 4
    Humor - 4
    Racing / Running - 1
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) - 4
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) - 2
    Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? - skill/tasks >= social (but social is still a must to complete the mechanics side)
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) - 2

Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text)
    generally it doesn't matter to me, but having to order them:
    3D > 2D = text > bad
    fantasy/sci-fi cutesy > fantasy/sci-fi realistic > cutesy > realistic = fine
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG - 2                                                                             
    Puzzle - 3
    Building - 3
    Crafting - 3
    Sandbox - 4
    Humor - 5
    Racing / Running - 0
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) - 3
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) - 2

Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? Honestly I'd really like to have both.
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) - 3

For the Graphics ? please just state what your preference is, or if it doesn't really matter to you....Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text)
    Cutesy, similar to Glitch graphics preferred, but not necessary.

I've said this before, but what I'm really looking for (and I've been researching/looking on my own, too) is a place that can be played either seriously or casually. A place that I can really get into but is also laid back enough that my mother could handle it, like Glitch. I also really like that I can visit my sister's and my mother's houses and leave little gifts for them, or just stand around with them in each other's houses and chat.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG        5                                                                     
    Puzzle    4
    Building  2
    Crafting  2
    Sandbox 2
    Humor    4
    Racing / Running   0
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers)  4
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.)   2
    Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?   I prefer solo, but I like the option of chatting. I just don't like having to depend on finding people in order to do a task.
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)   4

Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text)  Doesn't really matter too much. As long as the controls are good.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cyber Grape Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3  RPG                                                                             
    5  Puzzle
    4  Building
    5  Crafting
    5  Sandbox
    5  Humor
    3  Racing / Running
    5  1 Interactive World (no seprate servers)
    4  Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?
    5  Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)

Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text) Cutesy but really good.  There's a lot of garbage out there that falls really short.
    Although I've given a lot of 4s and 5s, I'm actually not much of a gamer.  Most games don't deliver for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG = 3
    Puzzle = 3
    Building = 5
    Crafting = 5
    Sandbox = 5
    Humor = 3
    Racing / Running = 0, I prefer zero sum games
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers) = 5
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) = 3

Do you prefer social to skills and tasks? = 3, I would like a bit of both
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets) = 5
    Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text) = 3, Graphics are important though not the primary consideration
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RPG=2                                                                   
    Puzzle=3
    Building=5
    Crafting=3
    Sandbox=4
    Humor=5
    Racing / Running=3
    1 Interactive World (no seprate servers)=2
    Virtual Worlds / 3D Chat (SL, Small Worlds etc.) Do you prefer social to skills and tasks?=2
    Simulation (City, Civilization, Gardening,Pets)=4
    Graphics(Realisitc, 3D,2D, Cutesy, Text) 2D and cute=5
    Posted 11 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sorry to be of little help with the actual assigned task.

i prefer a rich environment. is it less important what the other characteristics are. 

also prefer no overt violence and gender flexibility.

shopping games -1
    pay for advantage -1

i'm good with all the other things, though.

glitch really is the prize.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok....thats enough to summarise with,....

We want the best of both worlds if possible,
    An RPG, has quests but is still open world, (non-linear), has crafting,Sandbox, Pets, Gardening, building , Social but still goal oriented, has Puzzles, and has Humor

That MAJORLY limits what we can find.....and the Humor part is VERY rare in a game....
    Suggestions are now closed in the group we need to go through whats there....try everything and decide....thanks EVERYONE!!!