Topic

GLITCH DOLLS

(AWAITING APROVAL OF STOOT NOW my many gomens for copyright things!!)

Hey there everyone! If you're like me then you've recently been seriously eyeballing the avatars and items because you are very much into miniatures and cosplay. WELL, I've been tossing around the idea of making glitch dolls for quite a while now, and happen to have a successful torso pattern down already.

SO what I'm saying ultimately here is that I may be taking commissions! Unfortunately they will probably be high priced just because I'm going to put a LOT of effort into them, not to mention I'm probably going to have to buy 1/4 yard of fabric for every different fabric I use because fabric stores are not sensitive to dollmakers needs for smaller cuts. >:/ 

I will also be making the clothing on your avatar, (removable to boot!) so there's that.

This is definitely going to have some limitations, I probably won't be able to craft EVERY hairstyle and clothing and such, and if you have some huge wacky hairstyle please expect me to not be able to make hats for that! 

Also I'm in the process of moving and I've got college and will be super busy so I'm not even sure I'll be able to do this until like waaaaaaay later when things have gotten settled, I just want to put the idea out there because I'm not sure how I'll get to any of you after the forums close. :'(

but gosh am I brainstorming about this. A LOT. I would take seperate comissions just for clothes, or just for dolls, or just for items and all that.

please contact me at thollukthcaptor on my tumblr and drop me an ask, or my gmail is kachek47! though tumblr is DEFINITELY the better way to contact me seeing as everything gets lost under piles of junkmail in my email 8')

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'd need a screenshot of your avatar and probably a list of all the clothing items they have on. I've already painstakingly screenshotted all the clothing items (thanks to my ocd need to preserve EVERYTHING) so I have references for all of that!

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm also definitely considering making cosplay props, like food and other such items (of courst they have to be reasonably sized so I can ship them)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: also if I can get my hands on a button maker I would make acheivement buttons! (SO MUCH SWEET SWAG MAN)

Posted 11 years ago by Kachek47 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• casually bumps my own thread
    Posted 11 years ago by Kachek47 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this idea.  I'm no where near able to afford anything like it (though maybe when you finally have the time, I'll have something saved up).

I'm a bit of a sewer myself, so I'd been dreaming of making a life sized plushie of Carl.  But sometimes it's easier to hire someone else!  +1!
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh, this sounds fun! I would totally buy achievement buttons.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • HI, I too SEW !!! This sounds absolutely wonderful !!  Email: Sewnknitnbead@yahoo.com
    I'm Crumpet on Glitch....Carole Beck in real life!  Crumpetonglitch on Facebook!....
    and Crumpet2 on Second Life (which I'm still trying to figure out......believe me its not all sex as some might think!  Definitely download the Firestorm Viewer if you ever decide to try to play this game. HUGS and let me know more about the DOLLS !!!! Carole
    Posted 11 years ago by Crumpet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea!  As someone who is not able to spend much, I would happily buy the patterns and make my own...if that were to be an option.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also am making glitchen dolls, though absolutely not selling them because I am not skilled enough for that. Glad to see others are too, and would love to see the dolls that others end up making! Still working on the body model for mine, but I got the clothes done in miniature pretty well, see here: Mini Glitch Doll (flic.kr/p/dCmNni).Will gladly give my finished body pattern to anyone else who wants to sew a doll, but I do not make patterns for the clothes so that might be a bit trickier. Not on facebook, but am on Flickr and G+.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lorian Subscriber! | Permalink