Topic

Gathering of the Lost Glitchen Site

I know the site has made an appearance a few times on the forums, but I wanted to post again.  I'm one of the admins for the site (www.wherecanIfindawoodtree.com) and there's a couple of us putting a lot of work into it.  It's a WordPress site, but more than that, it has a plugin to make it like a social network -- it's like Facebook for Glitchen (Glitchenbook?).  

There's profile pages, activity stream, forums, you can upload pictures, earn iMG (though that still needs some work).  You can also create / Join Groups with dedicated membership, your own forums in the groups, etc.  We are working on getting some of the stuff on the site a little more flushed out, creating a custom theme (based on Groddle), you can send gifts to other people on the network.  

My vision for the site is a central place for Displaced Glitchen to congregate, but not be the ONLY place.  Combined with the fact that we are trying to make it a little bit of a "game" (there are achievements, badges, levels, iMG, etc), I'm really hoping this could be a central space on the web for the Glitchen to come and find all the other great places on the web where Glitchen have spread out too--a kind of a Glitchen Grand Central Station .  

There's still a lot of work to be done, but the site is up and running as it stands.  If you want to create new groups, register for the forums, or even help with the site (nice, but by NO means required), it's up and open.   There's a group over there for Creative Commons artwork, discussion about the design of a Glitch spiritual successor--a lot to offer.  A link of all the other Glitchen resources (updated from the Facebook list) ...a lot more in time.  

Anyway, bounce on over - wherecanIfindawoodtree.com and register if haven't already, and don't hesitate to ask me any questions :-)  

Posted 11 years ago by Serrenitei Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• The site won't let me log in.  I've tried resetting my password and it still doesn't work. Any help there?
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jackie - 

Make sure you are putting the Jackie-Jones (note the hyphen) when you are trying to log in 
  • Thanks!  I had no idea there was a hyphen.  I would have never figured it out!  You're my hero.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad I could help 
  • I'm trying to join up but |i can't see the captcha picture :(  I've tried opening it in a new tab but it still wont show :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Grubble Shnub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hrm, that's strange -- which browser are you using?  
  • Chrome :(
  • Hrm - that's very odd I'm using chrome and I don't have an issue ...

Regardless, check your messages.  I manually registered you and created a username/password for you to start.  

Any  questions, please let me know :) 
  • I tried to join, but  I accidentally made a typo in my email, and I can't undo that mistake. I mean, I could change my username, but I was planning on it being my Glitch UN too. Is there any way my registration can be reset so I can try again?
    Posted 11 years ago by Chillykins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi ChillyKins -- sure can ; I think I saw the typo in the email and I fixed it and sent you an activation code - please let me know if this doesn't work :-) 
  • Where have you messaged me :?  Sorry I'm a fail :3
  • It's ok :-) I send you a message here on the glitch.com site 
    You can also shoot me an email at 

Support@wherecanIfindawoodtree.com and I'll send it to you there as well 
  • Yay! xD
    Thank you very much- I feel silly for making that mistake~
    Posted 11 years ago by Chillykins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it's ok -- it happens :-) glad I could help you out