Topic

Last Goodbye: I love you all so very dearly, and wanted to let you all know before the very end

ETA: Will be without Internets for the next several days, so won't be able visit forums for the final hours. Just wanted to add a heartfelt thank you to Tiny Speck. This was my first MMO ever and it's been grand. Tiny Speck and stoot--you folks really are something special and I am so glad I had a chance to play here. I will carry you all--stoot, devs, fellow Glitchen-- in my heart forever.

Just wanted to say what a wonderful and lovely experience Glitch was for me and how much I treasure having had the privilege of being a part of it. In the aftermath of the tragic events in Connecticut a little more than a week ago, I am even more thankful for the beauty, wonder, and gentleness of Glitch. I will treasure my experience here for always. I make this promise to all that I will do my best to keep the Glitchen spirit alive IRL --I think the real world really needs a little random kindness on a regular basis, frankly, and it is up to each of us to do our part. I hope to meet up with all of you folks some day in another MMO --if stoot's pattern is any predictor, we have a hope--The Game Neverending turned into Flickr. Who knows what Glitch will turn into, and who knows what will be next? Happy end of the year holidays to all of you, whatever you celebrate!

Posted 11 years ago by Axa Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You could not have said it better, Axa. How very many times I have thought "what a wonderful world", both during Glitch and after it's sad deimagining. I also am thankful for the beauty and loveliness of the world and the spirit behind it. So many have said it better than I am putting it right now, but know that my heart is with you, and with the many Glitchen I have known and had the privilege to enjoy Ur with. I also agree that the real world DOES need the Glitchen spirit - and that was one of the things that touched me about Glitch. I will keep hope in my heart that some day, some way, a place like Glitch will exist again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree wholeheartedly!  
    Posted 11 years ago by Elayle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's really quite preposterous. Every time I read posts like this I get teary-eyed. I miss the game more than I thought I might. Knowing that there are glitchen out there who believe that real life can be better than it is and who might try to live it in a "glitchy" fashion gives me hope. I, too, will try my hardest to bestow random acts of kindness wherever I am able :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hugs to all in this preposterous game. Imagine RAK rainbows everywhere.
  • I too think the world needs an injection of the spirit of Glitch, only I am not sure the local farmer would like it if I squeezed his chickens and nibbled his pigs! :) I will stick with acts of random kindness, i wonder if fox brushing will ever replace fox hunting.......hmmm....I think they might fall of their horses!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pippette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL Pippette! I, too, will stick with RAK. Though petting piggies and trees is probably okay, too.
  • I hope that out of the ideas of the Apps and such, Glitch will live on. If the Battle App doesn't happen, I will cry.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • like!
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The random acts of kindness (mentioned by a few of you here) is what I'm doing; I'm halfway there! 14 down, 14 to go.
    www.glitch.com/forum/announ...
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thank you and me too!!   :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, SIlvery, the RAK thread is great--I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for the tip.
  • @Minkey: great that you're joining in! 

@Axa: and you too!

I've done 17, so I need to do 11 more, since I'm one of the people who want to do 28. Tomorrow I'm doing two, and I have a few more up my sleeve. It really feels like a quest in Glitch, what with the planning and the preparing and the sometimes failing and having to try again! I really like doing it. I'll probably be going into the new year with the last of them, but I'd rather do them well than do them quickly. 
    Very best of luck with yours! You'll be making the recipients very, very happy!
  • Silvery: I'd love to see RAK just become an ingrained habit. Maybe we should consider doing it for 28 months or 28 years? If we all kept it up, maybe it would catch on.
  • @Axa: You're absolutely right, of course, but there is a 'but'. I'll always ask people who seem lost if I can help them, I often have a balloon on me somewhere that I can blow up for a toddler who is close to a tantrum, I send cards or e-mails to sick or depressed friends or colleagues... For a lot of people, that's what you normally do, isn't it? But now, for this campaign, I'm not allowed to count those RAK, the ones that I would do anyway. I have to do something else, something more, something unexpected. That is more difficult! Yesterday for instance I had an envelope on me with a Christmas card and a few lottery scratch tickets, which I was going to give to someone doing an ungrateful job well. I was in a big city, and that envelope that I needed to give to someone, made me look at the people in the streets in a completely different light. I found one, in the end, a man cleaning up at the railway station, and he was happy and so was I. 
    I think, like you said, RAK should be an ingrained habit, but I must admit the 'extra mile RAK' is not for every day! I love it, but it's been very time-consuming. Great fun, though. 9 more to go!