Topic

I made a tiny "christmas present" for you :)

*** Please check mini-glitch.tumblr.com (password "Glitch") for updates when the forum is closed!! ***

Hey, my Glitch-y friends!
I tried my best to make a little "christmas present" for y'all!
It's a tiny recreation of Glitch that uses your own avatar which you have to download beforehand. That's why I'm releasing it now (even though it's not finished) - so you can download your avatar's sprites. You have to unzip the folder inside the zip file before you can play. Please read the README.txt for instructions and share the "game" with everyone! I hope you enjoy!! :D
The download link is  https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh4gidw9cfuy6nw/Miniglitch.zip .
Merry Glitchmas!

EDIT: After experimenting a bit with the music files, it's much smaller!

EDIT2: I updated the game again and now there are some more things to do/see:

+ I "activated" jumping (even though it's very buggy... I'll try my best to fix it!)
+ I improved the facial expressions
+ I know they don't live in Uralia, but I couldn't resist and I'm sure you will love them as well: HELIKITTIES!! :D

EDIT3: Now there are Chickens, a street in Nottis and a better readme file! :D

Posted 11 years ago by Dragonflyz Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • Thanks coolbettycakes but I need to get the sprite files to download first - that's where my problem is occuring, I've not yet got to the renaming part because I don't have the files yet.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vialdana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahh downloaded it to find that it's in .exe ;_; no hope for Mac users?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kieley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much. Im so glad I can scratch my butt again (:
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is really great! I can't wait to see the completed project :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I lobe you dragonflyz
    Posted 11 years ago by momofmany Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uh, my avatar isn't appearing. This happen to anyone else?
    Posted 11 years ago by Alcie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • is there currently any way to listen to the Highland music?? although this is my favourite too :)
    Posted 11 years ago by momofmany Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @snygyst: I will name future versions of the zip file so that they contain a version number. Also, I'll write a changelog into the readme file.

@Vialdana: It should load instantly... I can put the images into my Dropbox folder and send you the link if you have still trouble with getting them. :D

@Kieley: Not at the moment, sorry. :(
    But I'm trying to make a html5 version so you can play it in your browser - with my Glitch avatar. I don't think it will be customizable with your own avatar...

@Keeda: Haha, I just read your comment on one of LP's snaps and thought about answering!

@Osiris χ: I can't say for sure whether I can "finish" it at all... I'm still a beginner at developing software and there are already so many bugs I can't fix and so many things I want to implement but don't know how... :(

@momofmany: Yay! LOBE!!
    Currently not, but I plan to add more streets from other regions.

@Alcie: The Data folder has to be in the same directory as the game. If the problem is that it isn't your avatar, please read the readme file.

@All: Does anyone know if there is a list that shows which music plays in which region?
  • I'm having the same background issue as Marla - I walk a little way (maybe two full screens), and then the background blurs out.  That said, yay for walking around in Ur again! (and because hope springs eternal, I keep putting ALL of my sprite sheets into the Data folder. ;-) )
    Posted 11 years ago by Kshandra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dragonflyz - yes please! www.glitch.com/profiles/PHF...

Doesn't seem to matter what I do the wretched thing won't download for me :( (tried dl'ing from here: tower100.no-ip.org/GlitchTo... as well and get same problem - nothing dl's.
  • I have piggies and butterflies, but no kitties. How can I get the latest version, and do I just overwrite the old one? If so, I guess I just set my data folder aside and replace the new one with the old one to get my avatar back?
    Posted 11 years ago by twinkletoe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I deleted the old version and downloaded the new one.  Wow!  From 73 MB to 12?  I'm not even gonna try to get my avatar in it.  I now have your avatar(who can jump a little), butterflies and piggies and Helikitties!  I still have the color banding at the midpoint of the paper tree but it's much less than with the first version.

I am grateful for this much of Glitch.  TY TY TY Dragonflyz!  <3

ETA:  Interesting!  The piggies and the glitch can walk all the way to the right (into the color banding).
    Posted 11 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you.  Much appreciation.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sildenafil Citrate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love help with getting this to work.... i'm using a MacBook and have no idea how to get this to go! Feel free to email me @ karmacharmer@gmail --- can't wait to see this in action!
    Posted 11 years ago by Niknik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Vialdana: Here are your sprites. :)

@twinkletoe: The download link is still the same. Simply overwrite the old .exe with the new one.

@Marla: Put these files in the Data folder and overwrite the existing ones. I already renamed them for you. :D

@Niknik: I'll write you when I find a way for other people to help me!

Okay, I changed the way the background is displayed and *maybe* the "color banding" is away now. You can download it here (it's a different link than in the opening post!) However, there's no reason to download this new version if you already have the helikitties and the background is displayed correctly. 

I also changed the readme file a little bit and there is one thing I want you all to know:
    I made a little blog on tumblr so I can keep you updated even if the forum closes soon. The URL is mini-glitch.tumblr.com and the password is "Glitch" (without the quotations marks).
    I think this is easier to manage than facebook...
  • Thank you Dragonflyz.  I'm not sure how to get the new file into the Data file.  I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to computers. :)  I'll try downloading the new file tomorrow to see if it solves the banding problem.  Since what I have now is SOO much more than what I had on December 10 I can live with the banding. :)
  • Thank you Dragonflyz very much appreciate your help with that :) and will share your blog around too :D
  • Woohoo thank you very very much :D my little glitch walks, jumps and scratches her butt.

I do hope you'll have time/energy/inclination to add more to this, it's SO lovely to have my little glitch back.

(I wantz to pet piggies lol)
  • Thank you very very much Dragonflyz. It's worked beautifully and now I can walk and jump my own little glitch around again yay! :D

I do hope you keep going on this lol I'm looking forward to nibbling piggies again somehow hehe.

(Wouldn't it be lovely if TS would release a downloadable 'offline' version of the game so we could all buy that and at least play a bit even if we couldn't play properly together).
  • @Marla: You can do it!! And I'll try to get rid of that color banding..

@Vialdana: You're welcome. :) I also hope that I won't give up... 
    Yes, an official offline version would be very very very nice, but I don't think we'll get something like this.. :(

Does anyone have a snap or a screenshot with the little menu that pops up when clicking on a piggy? I guess I can make petting and nibbling possibly sometime. :)
  • Awesome starting point! Interacting with the animals would be good, and jumping is buggy but we're getting there. I guess more areas would be cool, one from each region would be good! A home street with a garden and customizable butler would be cool, Kukubee released the tool used to customised butlers so I suppose this could be implemented.

I just want to grow herbs ad make tinctures again :c

But great job! We're getting there! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is this mac friendly or PC only?
    Posted 11 years ago by Luna Owl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I couldn't get it to work on my mac... is it PC only?
    Posted 11 years ago by Mourning Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I downloaded the newest thing you gave me.  I still have the color banding.  But as I said, this is SOOO much more than I had December 10.  It's so nice to see a part of Glitch again.  TY TY TY!
  • OMG, I just saw this post - thank you thank you THANK YOU. :D

This is awesome! Thank you very much for the instructions on how to put my own avatar in there. I was afraid it'd be complex and difficult but it was actually very easy. The constant butt-scratching thing amuses me greatly. :D No snow comes down when I press W but it's all right. I'll be checking the tumblr link you posted above for any updates.

Again, thank you so much for this, Dragonflyz, and have a Happy New Year!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dwit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I could hardly wait for the thing to finish downloading. I do request chickens, though! and their funny little stretching. And moar Helikitties! <3 Thank you so much for this. You are the best!
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Aemulus: I think you're expecting too much .. Q.Q
    I'm really just a beginner who can't do very much... especially the butler thingy - either they'd be static and customizable like in the tool Kukubee released or movable but not customizable.

@Luna Owl & Mourning: Sorry, only PC at the moment. I'm trying to get it to work with HTML5, though.

@Marla: Did you manage to use your own avatar? :D

@Dwit: Maybe you pressed W twice? Press it once and wait a little. Pressing it again deactivates the snow so you probably deactivated it before you saw it.

@Moonie: Making more helikitties wouldn't be a problem.
    However, the chickens.. it's unbelievable how many images their .swf contains and whenever I try to extract them into a .png something is cut off... I guess I can still use them somehow. I just didn't do that yet because I hoped to find a better way to extract the sprites.

Oh, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! \(^_^)/
  • Wow this is really awesome the only problem I have is that after the paper tree, the scenery just stretches on. :L

I really wish there were customizable butlers... I want my little Raghorn back. And my chickens. :c
    Posted 11 years ago by Rainwolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another attempt to fix the "color banding" is downloadable here.
    Maybe it works now?

I also added more helikitties.^^
  • Aw well, you could do a homestreet with a customisable but static butler. I think that would ease the loss of butlers. Maybe looking into ways to possibly interact with the enviroment would be a good idea :3

You've done a really cool job though! You may be a beginner but that doesn't mean you can't grow through this project!
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy New Year!

I downloaded the background fix but I still have the banding.  No biggie.  I downloaded my sprites (I have 11 png "things") but don't have a clue as to how to get them into the miniglitch app.  Maybe tomorrow. :)  No matter what I AM so grateful to have this!.
  • That's amazing! Thank you so much! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Hishalea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are wonderful for doing this! thank you so much! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Chibirexy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Tinder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank YOU for liking it! :D

@Aemulus: I think Kukubee's butler generator does a pretty good job at easing the loss of butlers. Ways to interact with the environment are planned. But first of all, I want to improve the jumping... that and the color banding really bug me. ><

@Marla: You should have a folder named "Data" somewhere. In this folder, there are eleven image sheets of my Glitch. You simply need to copy the images with your Glitch into that folder and overwrite the images of my Glitch. You can do it! :)
  • Got it working in Linux through WINE, and I emailed a revised README file. Question: what's the mouse secret?
    Posted 11 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @dragonflyz, Oh really? Which snap? (:
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank You!
    Posted 11 years ago by FullAuto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate having to keep asking all these questions, but i really am clueless!  I have the Data file in the unzipped miniGlitch file.  I have my sprites in a file called Marla (that's the way they were downloaded.  i didn't see any choice).  How do I get the Marla sprites into the miniGlitch data file?  I tried copy and paste but I can't copy them. :(
  • @Lorris/Klikini: It's not really a secret, it's just a hint that there IS something to discover with the mouse... :P   You probably found it already.
    Thank you very much for the revised readme file!!  - how do you want to be mentioned in the "special thanks" section? :D

@Keeda: This one. ;)

@Marla: Try to unzip your sprites first and copy them afterwards into the Data folder. If a message pops up, click on the option to overwrite the existing files. I hope this helps!
  • Yessss! I really wished there would be a way to save a little piece of glitch like this. Thank you so much for your hard work. <3<3<3
    Posted 11 years ago by Skrellen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kiely: winehq.org helped me run it on Linux (which Mac is based off of).
  • To those that are confused: Klikini is Lorris! (Me!)

Back to playing.
  • Is it possible to get to other connecting streets? And a map, even if it's just for looks.
  • NEW UPDATE: 
    This time, I included chickens, a new street (Stafli Joli in Nottis) and the readme is much more readable (thanks again, Klikini!). 

You can download it here.

So many requests.. I'll see what I can do about them..
  • The new Nottis street is awesome, especially when you make the snow fall. So many kitties! 
    Thanks for all you work. It is wonderful!
    Posted 11 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thank you for this little peace of ur that i can hold onto. so many heli-kitties! i almost feel like my old self. my next plan is to create a set of sprites with a wardrobe change! thank you. thank you. thank you. 
    Posted 11 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been given another way to get my sprites to override Dragonflyz.  I'll try that soon.  If not, as I've said.  I really appreciate having this little piece of Glitch.  A downloadable game or disc we could buy from TS would be wonderful.
1 2 Next