Topic

World of Ur Minecraft Server

I joined the server a week ago, and it's been amazing. Glitch can never be replaced, but this server and community have helped fill that empty feeling left in my heart and have dried my tears away. Seeing the familiar locations and playing with fellow Glitchen that are always lending a hand or sending a "5" my way makes me smile again. :)

Together we are rebuilding what was lost one block at a time, and we're having a blast doing it. The only thing that would make it even better is YOU. Don't be scared; if you're new to Minecraft, remember, we are Glitchen. We help each other. :)

I put together an album of just some of the locations that might look familiar to you... http://imgur.com/a/tL1xw

Seriously, it's just awesome and wonderful, and feels like home. You can even hunt for 11 hidden DNA clusters, or strike out on your own to build a house, or rebuild your favourite spot on Ur. It might be a bit more blocky, but we haven't had as long to refine our imaginations as the Giants! ;D

Here are some previews of a texture pack that's being worked on (not in game yet):
i.imgur.com/uKZsv.png
i.imgur.com/RyyS4.png

If you want to sign up for the server, visit: http://ur.w3k.id.au/

We also have a dynamic map that lets you see where your friends are, and lets you chat and hang out with your fellow Glitchen even when you're not in game!

Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• OMG!  I love Uncle Friendly's, so real!  Thank you for sharing this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG that is amazing. I am so going to join.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy New Year celebrated together in Groddle Meadow. :) *hugs*
  • Awesome! I signed up a while back, and then forgot to check when the server opened... it looks great! :~D
    Posted 11 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good job guys ^^
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awesome!!:)
    Posted 11 years ago by mira gaia maia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh My Giants! Those texture packs are amazing! I am buying Minecraft soon soo Im friggin excited
    Posted 11 years ago by Flamingo Pink Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Drakani - have you seen the tree houses too? Near the meadow :)
    There's 3 so far.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hen vla Ham Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's beautiful in there! and amazing!
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do these things work for the app version of Minecraft?
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hen vla Ham - I swear I took a couple shots of those. I'll look for the pictures. :)

@SeerQueen - No, you need the full computer version of Minecraft to play a multiplayer server like this. I just checked my own ipad. :)
  • One talented member of the community made a 'Block of Condensed Rainbow' as a replacement for a watermelon. Once ate, you can replant the clouds (melon seeds).

I'm looking forward to see what SmiVan does as the texture pack looks super promising!

Also, shout out to Kukubee for sending me a high-res version of the world map for me to recreate Ur with! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by WaLLy3K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahh, here's a couple tree houses in Groddle Forest :)

http://i.imgur.com/11xTV.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/3HXAL.jpg
  • Wow, it really looks amazing! I might have to actually sign up and play now...
    Posted 11 years ago by Ladyceres Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in, but...how do you get your avatar beside your name in the forums? And, I didn't put my minecraft user name in the registration form...is there a way I can fix this? I'm baybi glitch on minecraft.
    Posted 11 years ago by bayBi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi bayBi! You go to the User Control Panel on the top left of the page and add details under the "profile" tab.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have! :)
  • Thanks Wally.
    Posted 11 years ago by bayBi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's pretty epic.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The texture pack made my heart smile! So cute! Can't wait to play!
    Posted 11 years ago by Skippy ♫♪♫ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool. borrowed friends avatar to come look. i'm not really a builder but its been fun to run around in glitchy places :)
    Posted 11 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gregarious Towers is now in Groddle Meadow and looks terrific! :D Perfect starter home for those new to Minecraft!
  • This is an astounding creative effort. I'm pretty new to the whole Minecraft thing, but this place is enough to get me quite interested.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cygnoir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome! I love minecraft! i hope the texture pack comes out soon!
    Posted 11 years ago by SockMonkey101 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just so you know..........I'm there, and the Glitch spirit is in this place.  It's small for now, but the heart is huge and while it can never be Glitch, if feels homey due to the wonderful people that participate.  Thank you for doing this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @SockMonkey You can now download the Glitchy texture pack on the server forums. :) The moon always puts a smile on my face. :)
  • Glad I saw this forum post. I just got Minecraft for Christmas. I just signed up and popped in for a second. My name there is Clarinetian though. Can't wait to try it out!
    Posted 11 years ago by Suzy Spring Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I use a Minecraft proxy, so I won't be able to play with you all.. May invest in the official thing soon.. Looks nice
    Posted 11 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh look my texture pack :D
    Posted 11 years ago by SmiVan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just joined! Will see you all there :)
    edit: Is there a link to the texture pack? Haven't found it yet.
    Posted 11 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The link to the texture pack is found here.
  • Awesome, thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alrighty, so I tried to sign up, but.. to my embarrassment, I didn't know the answer to the security question. I wasn't on glitch for very long v.v Can some one help me out?
    Posted 11 years ago by Harpsichord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you PM me with the question, I can help you Harpsichord.
  • Harpsichord: All of the 'security' questions are covered in the rules thread! I've also made the description of the rules thread a bit more eye catching, so people know they need to read it to answer the questions. :)

(It's a means of making sure that A. People read the rules and B. Aren't spambots)
  • Thanks guys! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Harpsichord Subscriber! | Permalink