Topic

The Art of Glitch: Staff please read!

I have a huge question im sure many of you have also been wondering. The campaign for the glitch book says the money goes to the printing of the book, and whatever is left is for creating another Tiny Speck game. WHY CAN'T WE USE THAT MONEY TO SAVE GLITCH???? It makes sense right? the game is already created, you dont need to think of a completely new concept, you just need to get it up and running again. its less work and saves time. We all want Glitch back, not a new game similar to Glitch.

Im just asking that the staff consider this option instead of creating a new game, because no matter what Glitch will always be on my mind, and in my heart. I told my parents that all i want for the holidays was Glitch to not close, im sure if we did a campaign that wasn't for books and just for money, thousands would come together and donate to save their favorite game.

I am speaking for every person who played Glitch out their in this world. It was a fabulous, amazing game, that no one could ever come close to being similar. From time to time i get bored and try to play glitch but then i realize, Glitch is no longer, i can no longer explore the streets of Ur. Please use the money for saving Glitch, not replacing it with something that is supposed to be better, it will never patch the hole torn in our hearts from the most amazing fantabulous game ever. 

I knew that i would never outgrow Glitch, that i would play it forever. It turns out that Glitch, you outgrew me, and every player of you. Glitch, you have made an impact in our lives, i would say "Hey mom look! Yellow Crumb! Can we pick some?" and realize that it was just a patch of dandelions in the distance. I can no longer say that but "Those look like the flowers from the greatest game ever, that ended." and then i would frown. 

Glitch please come back, please exist again, i would pay you as much money as i could get my hands on to just be able to play one last time, to say goodbye to my friends, cubimals, and butler. I miss you Glitch. :'(

Posted 11 years ago by SockMonkey101 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I think you've misunderstood what kuke posted. The campaign says the money will be used toward making the books and "Whatever that's left will go towards helping to fund Tiny Speck's next venture, and maybe buy me some time to create this book for you guys."

Tiny Speck's next venture has not been stated to be a game. Stoot's implied pretty strongly it will have to do with communication software. Game Neverending became Flickr, not Glitch, so I expect we will end up with some kind of software that comes at a problem from a different angle.

I know you're sad, and you want Glitch back, but it isn't happening any time soon, and promising to throw money at them won't get TS to change their minds. If you read Stoot's interview as well as the FAQ, you'll see he actually refused further venture capital money.
    Posted 11 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The amount of money required to save Glitch is not realistically possible. I know it's sad, but it's the truth.

Fara basically said everything...

Ugh I miss it.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot said "if people donated this much money every day, for over a year, we could keep glitch going." So, unfortunately, it is not even close to being enough money. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink