Topic

Game: Puppet Guardian/ Magical Rooms

prntscr.com/p4uxx (pic)
www.mirrorrealms.com/ourgam...
mirrorrealmsgames.wikia.com...

Inventory, Characters, Merchant(Auction), Friends list, are shared across either game, it is browser based and free to play. Everything in game is crafted, clothes, furniture, weapons, everything. Theres 70 pages of items for Magical Rooms alone! 
Please read the links for info.

If you try this, please let ppl, know your name, because a friend request can be sent to you even if your not online at the time and will be pending until accepted, whenever you sign in next. Once its accepted you can message(IM) anyone in game, from either game,though you must send friends requests from Puppet Guardian originally.Hope to bump into ppl!

BTW im LyricalJade there

Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • Thanks, Lyrical!! I'll check this one out, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Kridla there--just signed up. Thank you for the suggestion. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks kinda glitchy indeed, I may check it out later^^
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's a very interesting game. :)

Tonight, I'm brain fried from a long day of work. I'll have to try it again tomorrow.
  • Hi Lyrical, I've tried to sign up at Puppet Guardians and I get the screen to enter everything and it also ask me to type the two words shown.. but there are no two words shown anywhere (just a box with the TOS) . :-(

Kridla, You got the "two words" capcha option?
    Posted 11 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (Edit) 1/19/2013
    Heres the list of ppl currently playing...
    LyricalJade
    Arietty_Glitch
    Kipple
    Pretzelle
    Scarf
    Beans Obviously
    Zean
    Zigniber
    Jyzavi
    Mochamai
    Kridla
    Fstra
    Milkshake
    VoluptuaSneezelips
    Lorian
    Cygnoir
    Mellitus
     Avnas
  • Is it possible the captcha is blocked by adblocker or something?
  • In case your in world before i am....
    People in this conjoined game are generally really helpful and friendly, so don't be scared to ask!
    Also when your in game and you get a message, theres a beep and the lined paper icon blinks. Click it and  a message window opens.

And...if your in Puppett Guradian and running low on dice rolls, go to the towers on the top of the castle instead of the bottom, theres a ladder or a staircase to get there. There are drops that give you more dice rolls that only get dropped at the upper towers. In addition pets come with their own dice rolls, which replenish, but pets must to be purchased. 

Other than that, dice rolls normally replenish 1 die per hour, even if your not online at the time.You can also share dice rolls, hit team, step in circle, get bar over your head, once in a Tower, roll, wait for arms to flap, complete roll. 

As for healing, 5 blue herb,(which makes 1 blue potion)and 2 lizard tails for a heal potion, also feathers are used in another heal item.
    Blue herb is in tower IV and 1 (mostly) and lizards are in tower 1 (mostly)
    1 blue potion and 2 lizard tails  = 1 heal potion

Most of the plants, make dyes and potions
    Cotton, Flax, Wool etc, are for cloth = clothes
    Minerals and Metals, etc.are mostly Weapons
    There are exceptions these are just some basic generalizations when it comes to crafting
    The wiki is very helpful with crafting too

Magical Rooms does not have dice rolls, and monsters come every 15 minutes, but not inbetween. You get 1 room free and 3 NPC squires. NPC squires will fight for you, you get up to 3 per room, but can only add 1 per day. If you want to avoid the monsters, in Magical Rooms, exit,the room before the timer hits 0, but close to 0, and when you come back the timer will start over from 15min. Your squires can be killed though, You can also set them to avoid instead of fight. They are on automatic you dont control them other than the basic settings. Also if you exit they go to sleep. Right click for options in Magical Rooms, you can turn off the monsters completely if you want to.

You can send a request to another friend and connect your room to theirs too, in Magical Rooms.

Furniture recipes do not show up in Puppet Guardian but all recipes show up in Magical Rooms

If you are in need of gold, the things that sell the best are Healing items, potions and scrolls, and Advanced Clothing and Advanced Weapons.

There are also ways to earn free gold through offers, the safest and fastest of these is videos, (they play in a seprate window) which you can replay the same ones and they will still count towards more gold. Or you can buy gold too.

Yes im long winded...
    Also if it helps set anyones mind at ease, this game has been around since 2007, and they are planning on adding a third game, again accounts, characters,inventory etc,  will be shared, and youll be able to message  from any.

Hopefully all this info didnt scare you off! Hope to see everyones who's curious about this game soon, Hugs i miss you all!

Ive missed crafting things, so much i really have!
  • I'm deciding whether to play or not. But if I make an account, My name would be Zoefiery or Lashasummers (:
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Princess Fi: Yes. I had to do it twice as the first time didn't work. I hate Captcha. I never get it right the first time.

@ Lyrical DejaVu: Thanks for the info. I was looking at making healing potion because before I made a weapon, those darned lizards got me, twice! LOL

It's definitely a different kind game. As for getting gold, the offers look and feel just like those on Swagbucks. And, those are easy as long as you are careful not to download anything. I agree the videos are the easiest so getting gold will be a piece of cake. I like the pet system too, especially since they don't delete your pet if you lapse on the feeding contract. Having my pet be safe if I don't play for a while makes me happy. :)
  • I couldn't see the captcha thing at all in Firefox but it worked fine when I switched over to Chrome.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Bobbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm gonna give these a try! Thanks so much! 
    Posted 11 years ago by pretzelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lyrical, I cannot imagine how many different games you have tried in an effort to keep this Glitchen community together as much as you have. Kudos to you! You constantly impress me with your dedication. :) Thank you for putting so much work into this. :)

I'm off to try this game!

ETA: Which games do you find yourself returning to? 
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Since i did decide i was going to be spending a lot of time in this game, i decided to purchase the membership. Which is $5 a month. And that gives you the extended storage(for free instead of 20 Gold (20 Gold = $5 anyway), free barbershop options, 1/2 price pets (if you want them) and other things reduced as well if i remember right. Well it ends up its not working at the moment. So they credited me 200 Gold instead ($30 value). Also you can cancel the membership at any time. So if you dont want to worry about Gold as much, this is an option, get the 200 Gold and then you cancel the membership later if you so wish. It is a free to play game this would just make it easier. Just another Option is all.
  • And ive been returning to, Puppet Guardian, Transformice,  and Realm of the Mad God.
    The community on Puppet Guardian is a good one
    The community on Realm is pretty average(not horrible but not good either)
    Transformices community is atrocious but i like the game a lot
    (Edit) Alot of games have horrible community's its hard to find ones that you like BOTH the game and the community.

Ive tried all the games on the list, or at least looked into them, and retried games ive played in the past too. It seems that I am quite picky. Hopefully there are games that havent come out yet that will fit us better, there are quite a few in development that just might.
  • Well guys, gave it a try. It's different... there's no cooking *sobs* but, so far it seems interesting.
    Add me up and let's go and roll those dices! Im Pretzelle there as well :) 
    Posted 11 years ago by pretzelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Waves!
  • mmm, under rpg you've put it?
    docs.google.com/spreadsheet...
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, its under RPG, the housing aspects are sandbox, and its a non-linear progression game, so not sure if it should be RPG or Sandbox, but it is under RPG on the list.
  • Your welcome,don't get me wrong plenty of other ppl have contributed, and CyberGrape made the spreadsheet, but i tend to over research things, not just stumble across them. By that i mean i get obsessive about it, sometimes this works out to my advantage! other times not so much. But i can say this much, the game review sites have been gone over, many, many, many times, i dont think weve over looked anything, if it might appeal to us, odds are its on the spreadsheet.
  • @lyrical the magicalrooms game looks like a puzzle&building, while puppetguardian is indeed very rpgish

it's true there is no cooking, and there is not complex metabolics, the crafting seems more focused on clothes, and only partially on weapons and other useful items

the world is not even comparable to Ur,  while the magicalrooms game feels a lot like the neighborhood housing from glitch
    wonder if by making the bigger glitch groups on other games know about this they would consider moving over
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've just joined up - I'm Mochamai there.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know its not Glitch, but it is pretty decent. The characters can sit and lie down, wave,laugh,but they cant jump, some of the clothes you can make are funny, like frog or chicken nest hats, pillows,True theres no food, but there is furniture, clothes, potions, ( i know there are firecrackers you can make, not sure about other fun potions)weapons, when in Puppet Guardian if you dont want to fight and just want to gather, if your rolling you cant be hit, not every place you land in a Tower has monsters, just parts of it. Or you can just go back to the lobby for that tower. Mostly I'm just glad to have so much crafting to do again. Plus theres no PVP , the community is friendly,and the few crafting oriented MMO's the others all seem to have PvP or Perma Death. No game is going to be a perfect fit, some will just be better than others is all
  • Oh to anyone who did decide to try this, if you see the paper icon blinking it means you got a message.
  • started poking around at magical rooms, I'll have to try puppet guardian as well and see how I like it :) Mellitus there as well
    Posted 11 years ago by Mellitus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well, I tried to sign up and, aside from someone already having my name, I couldn't sign up because where it says "type the two words shown" is a blank area, just background colour, nothing else.  Awww.  I am going to try to contact them, maybe it doesn't work with chrome.
    ETA: it worked just  fine on firefox.  If you're having trouble with chrome, try switching browsers  :)
    I am MinkeyGlitch
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It tends to be plugins that interfere with the Captcha, or the browser,and send freind request to everyone when you get a minute:)
    LyricalJade
    Arietty_Glitch
    Kipple
    Pretzelle
    Scarf
    Beans Obviously
    Zean
    Zigniber
    Jyzavi
    Mochamai
    Kridla
    Fstra
    Milkshake
    VoluptuaSneezelips
    Lorian
    Cygnoir
    Mellitus
    Avnas
    Gorsecloud
    KameRider
  • I will, thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If we're adding a list of people currently playing, I've actually been a member of Puppet Guardian for years (though I only play off and on) and am glad someone suggested it since, well, it's not Glitch but it does rely a lot on cooperation and gathering items to make things and such like Glitch did.

I believe I'm Gorsecloud on there as well.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gorsecloud Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank You!...and ill update the list!
  • List updated!
  • Looks like fun, might as well jump in. I'm KameRider there.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kame Rider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Updated again!:)
  • -------------------List Update!----------------

LyricalJade
    Arietty_Glitch
    Kipple
    Pretzelle
    Scarf
    Beans Obviously
    Zean
    Zigniber
    Jyzavi
    Mochamai
    Kridla
    Fstra
    Milkshake
    VoluptuaSneezelips
    Lorian
    Cygnoir
    Mellitus
    Avnas
    MinkeyGlitch
    Gorsecloud
    VivaCity
    KameRider
    Chillykins
    Misbehavin
    Jark
  • I'm Chillykins. P:
    Enjoying it so far, though I wish you could move with arrow keys.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chillykins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • List Updated
  • To anyone who wanted to try this and might be having an issue with the Captcha, during sign up. Change your browser settings until you've finished signing up. Disable plugins that are Poup Blockers, and Add Blocker types, then restart the browser, and sign up. After youre signed up you can go ahead and turn the plugins back on. Hopefully this helps those that had a issue with the Captcha!
  • Ok, I am severely frustrated with trying to sign up for this game.  I get to the screen where I enter all of my info to set up an account (create your character) and fill everything in, blah blah blah.  Then it asks me to "Type the two words shown" and yet there is no option, no Captcha to do that.. nothing, nada.. :(

Lyrical, Sorry, didn't see your post above.  Nevertheless.. I disabled AdBlock and still no luck.  Will search for anything else that might do this.

Aha! Success at last.. So I even went in and disabled pop-up blocking in Chrome and that didn't work either.. But!  Opened a Firefox window and I didn't have to block or unblock anything :).  Signed up now and ready to see what this game is about :).
    Posted 11 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Add us when you get a minute to the friends request, and let us know our name in game!:) thanks!
  • I had to use Idiot Explorer to sign in (had to remember how to use it too). OK now to play on Chrome except being redirected to blank pages when clicking on certain stuff (eg those pillars in the lobby)
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok havent heard of anyone having issues with redirects or blank pages, so now im puzzled, its been just the captcha issue.  Firefox has the best results from what we can tell, its playable in Chrome, but its more prone to errors, like not being able to interact with NPC's, as for Explorer or Opera, etc, i dont know. Might be a flash issue wiht Chrome, im not sure. Odds are some are playing in other browsers but might not of had any issues.Sorry for the difficulties, hang in there. Couldnt hurt to ask in the Google+ group or the FB group as well. Hope to see you in game;)
  • correction to my last.. it was clicking on a pillar in the 1st place I rolled into that caused the redirect. Still messing around with it to see if I like it... it's sort of endearing in a simplistic way, but so are other games  lol 
    The hint boxes in the bottom right corner of the play area are a nuisance after a while but not sure how to dismiss them.
  • Signed up as me :) Not sure I like it, the fact that I can't use my arrow keys I really don't like plus the blank pages when clicking on pillars and the hint boxes are quite annoying...
    Posted 11 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello! 
    I've just signed up :) I'm rasamalai there as well, but my game screen stays blue :(
    Posted 11 years ago by rasamalai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Weaving, the hint boxes go away when you've made a weapon. Sadly, the tutorials tell you to use a non-existent Synthsizer Jar. Try this....Put wood in rucksack, click on rucksack, click synthesize on bottom row of buttons. Select synthesize to the right of wood and make a club or something. 
    Still getting blank pages though :(
  • Thanks snygist, I found out about that by clicking just about everything I could, lol. Wondering if there's more than wandering that tower and clicking stuff?
  • Dunno, I run out of life and goes. Now need to team up with others to continue. If I'm only one in game I'm not going to get many goes and I'm not paying so this may not be the game for me.
  • Oh I found that when I play in FireFox and I get the blank page after clicking the pillar there's the following in the address field: "guardians:%20To%20move%20through%20the%20tower,%20%20roll%20the%20dice%20by%20clicking%20on%20the%20Dicebutton%20below.%20%20Click%20again%20to%20stop%20your%20role.%20%20Pick%20up%20thesparkling%20items%20as%20you%20travel.At%20the%20end%20of%20the%20tower%20path,%20%20click%20on%20the%20Lobby%20button%20below.%20Good%20luck!"

Hmm :o)
  • Oh the synthesis jar thing, it used to be seprate from the Rucksack, they did away with it and instead added more spaces to the Rucksack. So the same options are in there. Sorry havent read the tutorial since sign up, and its been awhile. Ok there are ways to make heal potions, find blue herbs and lizard tails, and feathers. Aside from that your HP (life) will heal on its own every 24 hours. Your dice will regenerate 1 dice per hour even if your not online. And there are dice drops as well(top of castle use ladder). Other players can heal you and generally anyone around will let you tag along. If you have started a roll you cant be hit, use that to retreat or you can hit Lobby, to retreat, you can also share rolls. If your alone its best to go to Magical Rooms instead, your HP is much higher there. There are 17 towers total, 1-8, are on the bottom of the castle, (9 is connected through 8)10 and up are at the top of the castle, anything past 10 is connected to 10.  Im presuming the hint boxes go away once completed,and HOPEFULLy that will make the blank pages go as well. As for blue?um...no idea...Ill ask around to the others when i see them to see if they had simmilar errors.

@ Snygst there are offers to get Gold, videos, surveys and what not on the Puppet Guardian page its at the bottom of the page. If there werent alternates to buying i wouldnt of suggested it. So is the button for Magical Rooms, at the bottom of the page i mean

@WeavingtheWeb thats some form or another of background script, its code, ( i recognise it but i dont know code, if that makes sense)it shouldnt be showing, odds are though its on your end, now WHAT setting is off, i couldnt say
  • @Lyrical Thanks for info on dice-drops. I could have sworn it said 1 dice every 4 hours, but I could be wrong. I'll give it a good try-out ad hope to see you in game.
Previous 1 2