Topic

Glitchen at the Arisia science fiction convention in Boston, MA

I didn't get around to doing it until the final day of the convention, but I walked around for a while today (Monday, Jan 21) wearing a Glitch logo, and carrying a tall sign saying "This game was ABSOLUTELY PREPOSTEROUS!"

Thanks so much for the joy of finding a dozen or so people who knew what that meant! Hugs and thank you to those of you who came up and responded "I agree wholeheartedly!" or who gave me hugs or who talked with me for a while about our wonderfully preposterous times in Ur! I've missed the game sooooo much, and it was great to be able to talk about it, in person, to folks who understand!

There may be a facebook picture or two of me and my signs -- I told folks who wanted to take a picture they were welcome to do so, and to post it if they wanted to.

Hugs to the glitchen community at large -- I wish I had ways to find more of you out in the world.

Sincerely,
gilbert whisper (I also played as Niobe Lithos)

Posted 11 years ago by gilbert whisper Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Awesome. Can we have links to pics?
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want pics :D I wish I could've been there D:
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, this is wonderful! What a great idea to carry around a sign. I sure hope you had fun doing it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad you found some other glitchen!! {{{{{hugs}}}}}
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lovely to meet you.  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You were there because you were good!
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gah! Why did I not know of this in advance? I could totally have gone! I even had the day off classes :(

Oh well. Glad you got to find people who knew what it meant. It's nice to hear that I'm not stranded in a Glitchenless void up here in Boston :P
    Posted 11 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dont live there, but kudos to you for having the heart  and guts to do so...you know we all lobe you, for it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kestin: There are a bunch of us up here in Boston.  Sinope was the one who started it all for us.
    Posted 11 years ago by Locutus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I might need to do this when I go to Katsucon next month.
    Posted 11 years ago by akatonbo Subscriber! | Permalink