Topic

Gourdian Knot: a new project in the spirit of Glitch

Some of you have probably already seen this, because I posted here about it before the project even had a name, and I know some people followed me there. But as a reminder to those of you who have, and a fresh announcement to those of you who haven't: Gourdian Knot is a project by Glitchen to build a new game that will have something of the Glitchy spirit.

It's going pretty well, but we need all the help and support we can get. If you're any kind of artist, any kind of writer, any kind of designer, any kind of programmer, or just have a lot of opinions, the project will welcome you with open arms. In fact, we will welcome you even if you are none of those things. Come! Lend a hand! Read up on the developing mythology! Play the vestigial game! (We have in-game chat now, it's very exciting.) Help us shape Glitch's successor!

I'll look for you in the forums. :)

Posted 11 years ago by Jokes Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• "Friday, March 15th starting at 7:30pm EDT (currently 4 hours behind GMT).were hoping as many people as possible can sign on to the game,have a party 
    stress test it out a little "

We might even have the avatars slightly animated (re: flip back and forth when changing direction!) by then :D. Come blow up the server with us!

gourdianknot.com/forum/view... - to the forum area for the details
    www.gourdianknot.com/gk/log... - to the login server for the (admittedly very much WIP) game area

Hugs, and hope you're all well!
    Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Make a video of this ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A video, Lemo? What do you mean?
  • -That's a bunch of still photographs you assemble very quickly to fake motion on a screen
    For example you can see some "videos" on this site
    Yeah "Jokes" apart :p, I mean you should record that event so people can have a look
    if they're not around on march 15th...
  • Perhaps someone who attends who has screen capture capability just might! Bug your friends!
  • Ooh, good plan!
  • Lemo: <3

Best answer ever :D
  • This looks awesome. Flat out awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by Future Shock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Come join us, Future Shock! We have lilla pads and liquorish sticks!
  • For those who want an idea of stuff we're mucking about with, try this:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?...

The link above is concept art I hooked together from game assets but the game server isn't too far behind! (Plus, it makes pictures much more fastly than I do by hand). We're working on things literally all the time and would love to get any of the help for any of the projects!

We'd also just love to have you around at the party to say the things people say in an MMO global chat server. Because, you know, we miss you (yes, even you! And ESPECIALLY you!).

Come play!!!
  • We're still looking for someone with screencapture capability to record the pod party... volunteers welcomed! <3
  • Hey! I registered, then logged in, and found I couldn't get an avatar. There were choices, of course, and instructions to "move the avatar in the grid," but after I supposedly chose an avatar, there still was no grid. Help meeeee! I wanna play!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, Ann (love the screenname!), a few people have had similar problems now and then, and your best bet is to head over to the Game Testing forum and describe your symptoms in the thread for the appropriate game version - the latest is here. Our illustrious head developer, Turnip, will probably be able to help you out more than I could. And thanks for giving the game a shot! <3
  • Hey you facebook link doesn't work btw...
    The project homepage could use a bit of graphical previews and updates actually
    How about posting it there instead
  • Oh ha Lemo, it's a closed group I linked to, open only to people who played Glitch (not actually a Gourdian Knot FB page). AFAIK everyone on Gourdian Knot is from the Glitch player community though, so I've been tending to post in that group as I go. I'll try to patch it through my own FB page... try this:

• Ossum, I don't think Facebook links work for us heathens who never ever ever log into the site. You might as well come up with a totally Facebook-free way to look at 'em, so I can see the pretty pretty things you're showing everybody. XD
  • 2nding the non-facebook look! I don't have one either and am super curious.
    Posted 11 years ago by ozli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just come play then:
    www.gourdianknot.com/gk/log...

In for about an hour myself, from now :D
  • Update: The pod party was tons of fun, and there will be chat logs and recordings up soon!
  • I will for sure have to check this out. What a birthday gift (16th) :P
    Posted 11 years ago by Baron Münchhausen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy birthday!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy birthday, Baron!

The chat logs have been posted in the pod party thread, where you will also find a screenshot of the group hug and some discussion of technical difficulties with getting the videos up. XD