Topic

Butler has total amnesia today

Butler keeps claiming that no-one has visited but I know that at least 3 people have been.

Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I have the same problem.  Some Jerk is coming every day, picking all my crops and leaving a terrible mess, but my Butler insists no one has visited my home street for days.
    Posted 12 years ago by Leites Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have also had the "no visitors" thing when it is impossible.
    Posted 12 years ago by scullyangel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have the same trouble along with other irritations so I tried to bag the butler and stuff him in a cabinet but he refused to get in the bag.  Now he just sings to me so I tried cramming a Cucumber down his throat but that didn't work either.
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PCRE2V...
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine too!  and I know they visited...so sorry guys..hope they fix this really quickly.  Suggest leaving something with Butler so I know you've been there ( a bean, something really simple).
    Posted 12 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brib that is just hilarious! Love it!  My butler hasn't improved any, senile maybe?  I still have a packing crate ...I wonder...
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My butler reported two visitors this morning but later today went back to not noticing them.  Or maybe my gardens are being tended (and sometimes looted) by the Ghosts of Ur?
  • Mine is sporadic about remembering visitors, too. Even when visitors leave me packages with my butler...
    Posted 12 years ago by glassy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once the Butler reports some visitors it immediately forgets all about them and will not tell you a second time.  I think maybe it also forgets after the New Day when other visitors come.  That is, if, say Larry and Moe visit you and then the New Day dawns and Curly comes in.  I think (not certain) the Butler will forget Larry and Moe and only report Curly.  Whatever the case, it does forget things.  I wish it were more like a mailbox and kept the list of visitors until you tell it to forget.  I also wish it would report Mail and Packages as I sometimes miss these.  I would much rather it say the annoying, "You've Got Mail" if I have it than all the other things it says such as , "I don't know which Giant I like best".
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I logged in at 7am pacific time to find all my gardens harvested and replanted in purple - which was not what was growing there.  The purple matured at 7:15, more or less.   The butler said there had been no visitors.   This is broken.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sue Chef Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're aware of the reports here and in help cases and are reviewing- thanks folks!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TS...my little Butler just got her brain back!
    Posted 12 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My little girl has lost her brain today!  Total amnesia!
    Posted 12 years ago by Cabinwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So, it's not just that my butler is mad at me for muting him?  :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Hed Lin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This still seems to be an issue, huh?
    Posted 12 years ago by Hed Lin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, must still be an issue.  Mine has amnesia today too!
    Posted 12 years ago by Patches Samson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't suppose there's any update on this?  My butler has had amnesia pretty much since the problem started.  It'd be really nice to know if I'm actually getting people from the visiting stones and who to pay visits back to.
    Posted 12 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still investigating this. I just looked at spacekadt's logs, and I don't see any obvious problems (at least not in the last day or two).

Are any of you still having problems? Are you sure you actually had visitors? If so, can you please post the name of a visitor that was not reported by your butler?

Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by Etna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got about 880 img in this last day rollover (currrently the 38th of Favor) and my butler is telling me there have been no visitors.  Stevyn is at my house as I type this and my friend Lelaine has never been reported as a visitor.  I don't think Thylacine has, either.  Scullyangel comes by every once in a while and leaves goodies in my house for me... I have seen her in my butler logs, but it's hit and miss.

Mostly, my clues are the higher amounts of img with the butler saying there have been no visitors since I last asked.

Does the butler only remember the visitors until the day rolls over?  That's about the only thing I could think of since I tend to check when I get a spike in img, but I could swear it used to give me everyone regardless of when I asked... not to mention the message the butler gives that there have been no new visitors *since the last time you asked* as opposed to "today".
    Posted 12 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, spacekadt! That's really helpful.

Your butler should in fact be reporting all visitors since the last time you asked regardless of time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Etna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still having problems with my butler too. I have no idea who visited, but I know I've had at least one very recently. Before logging off about 20 minutes ago, I'd laid some food out on my home street. I just logged in again and it was gone, but my butler says that I've had no visitors. I'll try to post the names of visitors when possible.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know I have visitors most days, because I get the extra IMG from the butler and my plots have been farmed, but it has been weeks (in real time) since my butler has reported a visitor.
  • My butler has Alzheimers. I watched a Glitch come and go from my street, according to his reports, and that Glitch never showed up in the visitors list. Buggerific!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink