Topic

Glitch HQ: No way to get "more" on Nexus 7

I've been happily using Glitch HQ on my Nexus S for quite a while, and decided to install it on my Nexus 7 this morning. Most features appear to work exactly as I expect, with the exception of the Activity Feed. On my Nexus S, I have a hardware menu button, so getting "More..." is pretty easy (one buttonpress, one tap). On the Nexus 7, however, I can't find a way to get More: there's not an onscreen (or in-menubar) action overflow button, and the lack of standard action bar means there's nowhere to put a dedicated "more" button, either. I'll likely keep using the app for its other functionality, but I figured I'd mention this in case it hasn't been discovered/reported yet.

Potential fixes could include: 
* set minSdkversion to 10 + targetSdkVersion to 11 or higher + use a system theme with the ActionBar disabled, like Theme.Holo.NoActionBar or Theme.DeviceDefault.NoActionBar. Android will automatically add the legacy action overflow button to the system button bar (but only on 4.0 or higher)
-or-
* set targetSdkVersion to 14 or higher + use a system standard theme that has an ActionBar + add <item>s that were previously in the overflow action menu to said ActionBar with showAsAction="ifRoom". An added benefit to this method is that you could easily put all of the different app functions (activity feed, profile, skills, etc) in the Action Bar, and any that won't fit on-screen will overflow to the action button as needed to fit on-screen.

Posted 12 years ago by devlogic Subscriber! | Permalink