Topic

Wintry Walk

Not sure this is the right place to post but here goes

When exploring I wandered too far to the right and was ejected before I had a chance to finish the quest, As far as I could tell there was no way to know the exit was there. Kinda bummed I got booted out perhaps it needs to be a little less sensative or something to warn you are near the exit?

Posted 12 years ago by Mizu Ryu Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• hmmm......maybe this could of gone in ideas but I would like a warning or a confirmation before leaving. This happened to me too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me as well. Also, I don't know if I was missing something but the icicles weren't falling I used levitation to get the quoins. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same thing happened to me--I was quite surprised!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks folks, we are looking at what's up.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Kev, I've tried twice and got thrown out before I could collect quoins.
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, I checked on it, I hadn't done it when you folks did earlier- but this is not a bug, just different. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kev it seems virtually impossible to get the QQ & 2nd quoin on top of the last pillar? It throws me out before I can reach them, even if try jumping for them before I quite reach them?
  • I have done this quest twice now and each time got booted out of the area before being given the chance to collect the final QQ. About 5 seconds after exiting the Wintry Walk section.
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I concur that this may not be a bug, but I would still say it is a design defect. I have also gotten kicked out every time while trying to get the last 3 quoins.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator IX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This level is badly designed.
    If you miss an icicle, go back left to find it, or use spinach.
    If you miss the portal to part two, do not finish, or use spinach.
    In part two, avoid the ladder- it leads you right out.
    If you leave part 2 for any reason, you can't go back.
    After finding every 'pre-complete ejection' possible (I hope), I still haven't finished the 2nd level of this thing.
    So, if you bother, be aware- lots of ways to get ejected.

I also hate having to drown on 'A summers eve'.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biofellis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are 3 small icicles (located where you come out from Winter Haven) in Winter Walk that will trigger 3 large ones to fall that lead directly to the above-mentioned last 3 quions. 

I don't think it's a bug or a design defect but something we need to discover. Challenging yes, but exhilarating once you find the answer and ultimately master it. 

Thank you TS for the challenge! More quests like this please :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The main issue here are all the 'exit by accident' mechanisms.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biofellis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I already explained how not to exit by accident Biofellis.
    Posted 12 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I personally apologize for abrupt exit, not a very pleasant ending for a stroll through winter. Currently making an alternative exit for the winter walk quest. I understand if you wish to splank me publicly through the streets of Ur.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lisa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, should we be getting ice each time we finish the quest?  Or was that just a one time thing?  Not sure whether or not to report as a bug.
    Posted 12 years ago by FineousFingers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Lisa! No splanking necessary :)

I had no problem working out how to trigger the last 3 icicles, just couldn't stay up there to get the rewards.