Topic

special chars input in some places, not others

i can input a special char, e.g. é, in some places, but not others.  i can input the special char in this forum, on notes, in snap titles.  i CANNOT input special chars in tower names, or tower level names.  is this a limit of the technology somewhere?  or is there a switch that needs to be flipped to enable this capability?  or do i just need to learn how to input differently in some circumstances?

Posted 12 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• oh, using chrome 18.0.1025 on ubuntu 12.04
  • et, merci à l'avance pour vos réponses
  • bump
  • It's the other way around, Tower names are just simply limited to certain characters (A-Z, 0-9, space, and only a few punctuation symbols). Same with Bag names, Animal names etc.
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • zut alors!
  • Yeah, it's a bummer. Would be extra snazzy if we could use extended Unicode characters for Tower names specifically.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cinnamon Petrichor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sometimes it is only through frustrating and seemingly artificial limitations that we truly break the barriers surrounding our own creativity.

Er, I mean, it's a known thing that's on our radar to improve. We're sorry that it's not more Francophone-friendly right now, and you're right that the inconsistencies are annoying.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink