Topic

[known issue] Newbie upgrade cards for older players...

Not sure if this will be considered a "bug" per say (or if there is already a solution for it) or an "idea" but: How do we get those Update Cards like "Zoomability" etc. since you usually get those when you enter Glitch as a newbie? As an older player, those I already have without buying the cards. However, when I go into my updates, I see them "unchecked" and it really annoys me because it feels incomplete... I'd really like to see all of them done, eventually? Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1 =)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You do have them. They were grandfathered to you.

However there is a bug where they are not checked off
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Annoys me too that they are not checked off :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the precision IrenicRhonda, that's the part I was not sure about. So then it should stay in the "bug" section and hopefully some devs take a few seconds to check them off for us ADD people that need everything to be correct XD haha
  • Seriously, this has been in the known issues post for a long time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Belle Z. Bub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has it, Belle? I checked it, read it... Must have missed it. Sorry...
  • AH! I see it now "Upgrades given during iMG conversion not showing in encyclopedia- Explained further here"...
    Well I was not here when the iMG convertion occured, so it just didn't catch my eye, didn't know what it meant. Bah!
  • There's a further problem.  I'd like to be able to get the Mappery upgrade, but it depends on my having High Jumper I  (http://www.glitch.com/upgrades/perks/mappery/)   However since High Jumper I  (and II ) is one of those ones that I got 'grandfathered' in on, I've yet to see Mappery show up as a buyable upgrade, no matter how many times I reshuffle.  I think a similar 'Grandfathered Upgrades Failing To Trigger Access To Subsequent Buyable Upgrades' problem is happening with Baby Triple Jump.
    Posted 12 years ago by rnalexander Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you have a minimap, you have Mappery. From what I have seen, it would become available either still in the tutorial, or just after. It was probably also grandfathered to you and is covered by this known bug.
    Posted 12 years ago by Belle Z. Bub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +!
    Posted 11 years ago by MrMatt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll look forward to when this is fixed. It's disturbing my OCD. ;-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah! I was wondering about those yesterday.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would also really like to see this fixed. It would be so satisfying to eventually check off every last upgrade.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Gaalen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 malexander.  I was told these mappery/jumper cards are back in the mix, so it is a matter of being dealt.  After a few RL days, no luck though.  Keep hope though!

edit: One day later, just got my Medium Triple Jump card.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zadow, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink