Topic

Having someone follow you allows them full access to your house

Found this out about 10m ago.  No reason to point out who as I consider it a lesson learned.  I'm an old schooler who still has piles of stuff in their backyard, so they went shopping a bit.  Looks like all I lost was a few stacks of cheese, some potions, a big mound of SWF/red Fs I didn't have much use for, and maybe some other misc crafting stuff so nothing huge, but still annoying.  I didn't do a full inventory and I'm not planning on it, as it'll likely just make me angry.  I asked them not to take the stuff, once I saw them say "look at all this free stuff!" but apparently that wasn't heard.  And I know now that I could have kicked them out, but this was the first time I ever had a house guest, so didn't know there were commands.  

Seems like it should give a knock prompt?  Then again, this might be working as intended, in which case, it's just a heads up.  I remember from the old houses you rarely let people in due to theft, but I let my guard down a bit.   Leader beware!

Posted 12 years ago by Evadrepus Terramere Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I don't think this is a bug, especially since you have to accept to allow someone to follow you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah, you let them follow you, so you are partially on the hook for the thefts.  but still, who assumes that stuff in a house/backyard is up for grabs?  what a bum!
    Posted 12 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Folliwing someone let's you bring multiple people inside most locked doors. This is left for players to discover, since there are advantages to it -- but as a side effect players are also left to discover followers can enter private houses also.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I dont even let *me* in my own house.

Figure that one out~
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, if you follow someone into another person's house it kicks you out. Even if the person you're following has a key to the house.

So I don't think people should be allowed to follow us into our own house.
    Posted 12 years ago by Minti Subscriber! | Permalink