Topic

Deposit Errors With the Still

Hello TS!

I've noticed an error when I'm using my Still. Here goes:

I normally fill my Still with corn. Once I've removed the distilled hooch there's a level of 9/500 remaining in the Still. If I deposit 68 corn it fills to 498/500. However, if I only fill partially (say, by half) and then I fill the remainder it doesn't use all 68 corn.

Here's a step-by-step:
- I remove all of the hooch. The level of the Still is 9/500.
- Fill with Corn. Takes 68 to fully fill. Depositing all 68 at once will use all 68 corn.
- If I deposit half (34) I see in Local "You activated a Still. You added 41 Corn to the hopper." Still is at 304/500.
- I deposit the next half (34). "You activated a Still. You added 27 Corn to the hopper."
- Final level is 498/500.

So I don't know what's going on with the back end math but I figure it needs an update so I don't keep getting hooch from 7 phantom corn. Phantom corn... what might that do to the hooch?! I worry about such things.

Be well,

-Indi

Posted 12 years ago by Indikut Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I have the same thing happening
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for your input, Innie! Now I don't feel quite so alone in my mathematical sleuthitude. :)
  • Are you sure it's not just a side-effect of this?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • PQ - the corn hoocher bonus gets applied correctly the first time (38 put in, credit given for 41), but then the second time corn is added the bonus gets applied twice.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Pale Queen, I hadn't thought of that. But shouldn't the bonus mean the math is always the same? Why would you get the benefit of that if you donate in two small batches, but not if you donate all at once? Something's fishy here.
  • There's defo something wrong with the still that only started within the last day or so. I fill it everyday with the same amount of potatoes and get the same amount of booze and today I only have a quarter of the amount.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just caught this, too.  I told it to deposit 108 out of 216 grains, it deposited 140 or so. [ie it filled the hopper].  It's not a bonus, I'm actually missing the 'extra' grains.

BAD STILL, NO COOKIE.
    Posted 12 years ago by Moose J Finklestein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So it seems like there is a lot of wonkiness going on. I still have the extra corn, Moose J, so I'm not getting jobbed like you are, but somewhere there is still some bad math going on and it's starting to sound like a bigger problem with Stills in general.

Would any staff care to respond at this point, even to let us know you're aware of the problem and looking into it? Not calling you out, you are fantastic, just legitimately curious.

Still (pun intended) a Happy Glitch, -Indi
  • Hiya Indikut and all- confirming, yes, we do have bug looking at what is going on with the stills. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hooray, thanks kevbob. I appreciate the note so we know this is on your radar.

Stay classy, Tiny Speck.

Yours in Distillation, -Indi