Topic

[fixed] Jerkiness in new camera behavior

This is about the camera that follows you around in the world, not the one that is an inventory item to take pictures. I've noticed a lot of weird jerkiness as I walk around since yesterday's new behavior was rolled out. Easiest seen and not described, so here's a video from me walking through my house: http://youtu.be/WW3zmgA-2nE

I'm on a MacBook Air i7 on Lion. This is Safari 6.0 with Flash 11.4 r402. It does not seem to be a byproduct of low available memory (there's plenty) or of my browser running for too long (I've restarted a few times).

Posted 12 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Exactly the same problem here. Had run smoothly for 11 months until yesterday.  FF13 in W7 w/ Flash 11.1.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me too..its like the screen is skipping or stuttering
    FF 15 w/flash 11.2
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here also.
    Posted 12 years ago by Moody Blue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me four.  FF 14/Vista/Flash 11.4

Also chickens are scooching away from me - quickly, and backwards! - when I approach them & butterflies are zooming past. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Blé Filamenté Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the reports folks!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am having this problem too in each browser I've tried: Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cadmium Blue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And I'm on a Dell laptop, running Windows 7 and Firefox. Most noticeable to me are the piggies dashing past me in Groddle Meadow and Groddle Forest.
    Posted 12 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad to know it isn't my computer breaking down. Before early yesterday afternoon (EDT) I'd only had mild lag. Updated to Firefox 15 but it made no difference. Vista; Flash 11.2 debug 32-bit.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A reload came along for the animals jumping about, so hopefully they'll move in a more considered fashion. (This had nothing to do with your folks computers, our animal trainers needed to work with our animal friends. :)

Little Poundcake, that issue is still something we are looking at.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm having the jerkiness, too. I haven't noticed it in the animals, but when my Glitch is walking around. Gadzooks described it well - a "stutter."
    Posted 12 years ago by Erak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hot diggity. Thanks!

(OS X is pretty sure I wanted to say "Hot dignity," so go with that if it makes you feel better)
  • It's like it's dropping frames to keep the speed up, appears horribly jarring as your character jerks about looking like four frames a second stop(ped) motion, all since wednesday lunchtime (PST).
    Posted 12 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I opened a bug report on this!!! I guess I should have checked here first!  I am having terrible rubberbanding (stutter) again.  Help ticket opened.  This is almost as bad as the last time this happened.  Almost, but not quite as awful.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have an open bug report about this that I started yesterday. I feel a little better that I'm not the only one.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Add me to the list :(
    Posted 12 years ago by sudv ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too. Win 7, Firefox latest, my Glitch horribly stuttering....
    Posted 12 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here. Just awful, its making me feel nauseous to walk my character around with the continual jerking. Even using a Sky Plunge card my character doesnt freefall without the jitters.

Chrome/ FF on Vista. I dont think its ever been this bad. Making it way too hard to want to play :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine is the same guys, takes ages to load and then jerking all over the place!
    Impossible to play now, always ran perfectly before, what's happened? :(
    Posted 12 years ago by TamaraPlum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This has also been happening to me, on a Windows XP machine, both Chrome and Firefox.
    Posted 12 years ago by MicklePickle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please tell me we are getting close to fixing this........

Its really annoying.
  • Glad I found this thread--it's happening for me too, for several days.
    Posted 12 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same thing is happening to me, it's driving me mad and putting me off playing. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cinammon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here. I can only play for a few minutes before I start getting dizzy from the jumpiness.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gelderlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here, it gets hard on the eyes.
    Posted 12 years ago by glassy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any kind of update? I feel like it's getting worse.

It's absolutely the worst on home streets, though.
  • I agree, it is worse on home streets, and I feel like its worse, too.
  • Ok, so as I am made to understand, this was supposedly fixed before I logged on for the evening.

It did not take for me. My camera is still jerky as all heck. :(
  • There was an update rolled out about a half hour ago that smoothed things out somewhat (for me). I'm still seeing a couple of jerks when I walk back and forth across my home and yard but it's not as pervasive as it was when I reported it.
  • This did not help me, at all........

I must have logged in after the update?  No help.
  • LP, I logged on after that update had already occurred and almost feel like it was worse. I tried updating flash (at the recommendation of RM) and that was little, if any help.

Innie actually says she is having luck with a rolled back version of flash which I am going to try tomorrow.
  • It seems worse for me today. Have major problems trying to jump up in the caverns.
    Posted 12 years ago by Soytoy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I logged on today and am having this problem - I wasn't before (although I wasn't on yesterday). Should I put in a separate bug report or is there some fix already posted somewhere? Safari
    Posted 12 years ago by Captain Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For me this seems to come and go.  I can play for a while and have no problem and then all of a sudden there it is.  Once it kicks in it doesn't go away.  Refreshing doesn't seem to help much.  I hope this is something that will be fixed quickly, it's giving me a headache.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still no change in this frustrating behaviour for me, except that it is happening on the MacOS now, too --- both Sarari and Chrome. 
    Status update from TS would be greatly appreciated.
    Posted 12 years ago by MicklePickle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe the problem is situational, because it seemed better in my house but it is really bad in world. Here's a video of me walking around a street right after a rook attack.

http://youtu.be/53YsAsWImrg
  • Yes please! I tried rolling back flash, which seems to have helped Innie, but the game wouldn't even load for me with the version that she suggested.

It is actually getting so bad that it's starting to give me a headache if I try to actually play.

ETA rather than creating a new update on top of the one I just made -

Last night I had the debug flash player, this morning I had the latest flash, earlier, I tried using version 11.3.300.271 and the game wouldn't even load, so I went back to the most recent version.

With the most recent version, the jerky behavior occurs slightly less frequently, but the jerks are more severe.
  • Try a reload now, please, most kind and patient people of Ur. I tried last night to roll back the changes that caused this issue, but failed. Today, I believe I have succeeded.
    Posted 12 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seemed better after the reload. Wish I had more time to run around Ur today.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Much better now, thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Muuuuuuuch better!
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eric, it is a BILLION times better after the reload, but I still get stuck in some of the places where I used to get jerked around.

But seriously, thank you so much because now I can play again!
  • Eric, thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I can use my normal browser again. THANK YOU!!!
  • Much, much better now, thank you!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Cinammon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All better now :) tyvm
    Posted 11 years ago by Captain Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It is now safe to roam the ancestral lands.
    Posted 11 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much Eric, you are the best :)
    Posted 11 years ago by TamaraPlum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Total success, been working fine about the last week - playable and enjoyable now, thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink