Topic

Staff Topic

Error: "unable to load avatar assets"

Hello-

Some of you are unable to enter the game currently, with an error that partially consists of:

"unable to load avatar assets"

For some reason which we have not yet determined, some of you cannot load specific files that you need in the game. It appears to be regionally affected, for instance, we know that for some of these specific files some who are in the west coast of North America can't load those files, while it works in the east. And we have seen players in other parts of the world (Australia, for instance) unable to load affected files.

To be sure, we are working on it, and hope to have a solution for anyone stuck out like this as soon as possible.

--

Update: Ignore the location information in the original post, it is possible it could be happening in other locations as well.

Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks Dr. Kevbob for the diagnosis!   
    I know TS will find a cure to West Coast Avatar Assetitus.   
    Posted 12 years ago by Ooola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mucho Fab Thanks.
    Posted 12 years ago by Baron Münchhausen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the update!  Much appreciated!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jinjur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TY TY :)  my poor piigies :(
    Posted 12 years ago by GEMCAT Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still no fix yet, but we are working on it.
  • Thanks again for the timely update kevbob!
  • I'm one of those who keeps getting error ever since yesterday and I just tried entering the game earlier and its fixed! thank you so much TS :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Ygbir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great Ygbir! We're still not quite calling it fixed from this end yet, I don't think all can get in yet who were suffereing, but I do have confirmation of one other who can so far. (It is network related.) 
  • I'm in too!  Hooray!
  • WEEE Thanks
    Posted 12 years ago by Baron Münchhausen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can get in now, thanks.
    Posted 12 years ago by keebae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great, thanks folks- glad y'all are able to get into the game. :)
  • I was able to get in too. Thanks Tiny Specks! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • personally, i hate when my assets arent loading.
    ive had a lot of luck with that working lately though :D
    Posted 12 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We *think* the last of these errors have happened; most were from a few days ago, but as per emdot's post, there were a few others.

If anyone sees this problem again, please let us know; but open a bug case for us.

Thanks!
  • I am getting this error now, but about 20 min ago I was able to get in with no issues. I went to the test page and everything seemed fine, but it's still not working. I may try a different browser...

EDIT:  Not able to get in using Chrome either, although my room mate seems to be able to get on to their account with no problem.
    Posted 12 years ago by TinkerToy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TinkerToy, yeah, another browser won't help I'm afraid; very simply speaking, it's tied to changing your avatar and the images that make up the avatar don't get sent to all the servers, so the ones you are accessing don't have all the files, and you can't load. It generally passes after several hours, but we're trying to get this finally and really fixed.
  • I still couldn't get in this morning, so I just took all my clothes off. Naked gardening is fun!
    Posted 12 years ago by TinkerToy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does getting nekked help???
    Posted 12 years ago by MisAdventure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Folks- so, an update. If you had problems loading a specific piece of your avatar (and it might even be an animation, like you jumping or something), we have a workaround which should allow you to load the game. We also tell you in the client when that error occurs, so if you notice something amiss with your avatar and see that error message, we know it's broken for you but you can just continue playing with no bug report needed.

We're still working on a proper fix.
  • Just got a new one today, in conjunction with the 'small screen' testing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wandering Confusion Subscriber! | Permalink