Topic

Deleted accounts not quite deleted

Last night I tried the new public "Start Playing" because I've really been wanting to see the new tutorial and start area. (Nicely done!) A looooong time ago I made a second Glitch account. There was some confusion on policy about alt characters and as a result I deleted that account, using the red "Delete my account" link on the account page. The character shows as deleted. http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PUVCE3R3K7I2SCU/

When I got to the point in the tutorial where you have to register, I entered the email address I had used for the old deleted account. The game client informed me that there was already an account with that email. Confused, I went to Glitch.com and tried to sign in to see if the deleted account was still active. I got "Nope, we don't have an account with that email address."

So... My email is both associated with an account AND not associated with an account.

Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Ouch. Hopefully they fix that bug quickly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gordon Lughsen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So, emails from accounts which are deleted are not recyclable to be reused again. We definitely see where it can be confusing if you try to do what you did though, the messaging is inconsistent if you try to login with an email address with a deleted account.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink