Topic

Right Click

Due to the design of my laptop, I sometimes right click by mistake.   There seems to be no way of getting rid of the little box once it comes up and all my buttons freeze, the game is still running but I can't do anything, not even close the screen.  I have to use program manager to shut it down and then sign back in.  

It is one of those small but really, really annoying things I hope you can fix sometime :)

ETA: I am using Firefox for Glitch alone, if this makes any difference!

Posted 12 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hi Miss Parsley- This little widget is something that happens with Flash; can you try hitting the [esc] button? It should dismiss it.  
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi kevbob!

No, it doesn't, everything freezes and all I can do is ctrl alt delete.  It's not major but it is annoying when it happens.

• Can you try reinstalling Flash then and see if that helps out?
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I will try that, thanks kevbob :)
  • I don't wanna appear to be a jerk, but maybe getting a wireless mouse and disabling the touchpad would help?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ganesha Xi in SL Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That didn't come over as jerky,  good advice, but the preference I have for using the touchpad outweighs the possible risk of annoyance from the right click problem, which probably happens about once a week or so :D

I updated my Flash, so when I next right click I will see if it has helped.   
  • I do that a lot too as I am used to using my right mouse button to bring up context menus. I couldn't get it to go off my screen also. But if you have another program open on your computer so it shows in your computer toolbar, just click on the button in your computer toolbar so it open over your other program then minimize the same program. The pop up window goes away.

For example, I always have Skype open on my computer. If I click the right button, I click on my Skype button in the computer's toolbar so it maximizes over the browser window then I minimize the Skype window. The pop window goes away.
    Posted 12 years ago by creaksalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My touchpad is disabled.  I often accidentally right click and freeze solid,  I can't even close the browser.  The only thing I can do is use Task Manager and sometimes I can't do that and just have to turn off the laptop.  Escape does not work.  It is very annoying but can't be helped.  I would love to disable the right click but I do need it for other things so I will continue to do what I can.  If I wait long enough, it will eventually disappear, it did at least once that I know of.

Thanks for the Tip creaksalot!  I will try that next time, I often have one other program open.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Annoys me as well...To remove the menu, try clicking elsewhere in the screen (I usually click over in the chat area a few times and it finally goes away).  Flash apps automatically append the oh-so- annoying right click menu, so I'm not sure there's anything TS could do. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink