Topic

[fixed] Game not loading...load page is blank

Starting to notice others are having the same problem with the game not loading so wanted to make a post here (see recent comments in "[client testing comments] TS... Wat R U Doin... TS.... Stahp!").
A couple of us have tried the cache, browser, etc with no luck and have forwarded the self test results to TS Help.
Thanx for your help.

Posted 12 years ago by Sir Mixalatte Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I've missed a whole day! All those quoins ungathered, all those piggies un-nibbled and chickens unsqueezed! Please help -- Glitch is more addictive than no-no powder and I need to get back to Ur NOW or I may go out in the real world and behave innapropriately to a butterfly. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Jenny Wren Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Folks

All of you are using Internet Explorer in what is called 'compatible mode'. It shouldn't be broken to load the game, but it is until we fix it. If you know how to turn it off, you can do that and the game will load in the meantime. 
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Game not loading what's up? Get blank screen. Using IE. Same for hubby can not load.
    Posted 12 years ago by 2020smoke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kevbob, i am not in compatible mode have never been.
  • Yesterday I did get the "waiting" screen animation and window that shows where I'll be when in the game (someone's street). Just never got past 80% loading.

I updated Adobe, restarted my laptop, cleaned the cache, and today I am still the same thing. I am using IE9.
    Though for a brief time I couldn't even get the "waiting" screen.
    Posted 12 years ago by Latigirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've tried loading with "Compatibility View" on and off, and the game won't load either way for me. Unfortunately I can't download a better browser with my current wi-fi (I can't even watch YouTube- 'tis a sad life, although it should be fixed in a few weeks) so I really hope you guys can fix this. The typical settings on my computer mean that websites won't be in C View automatically- so Glitch has never been in this mode, to my understanding.
    Posted 12 years ago by Incendas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some information about toggling Compatibility view on and off

((3rd party site- ignore the bit that calls it a great feature, it isn't.)

Nutshell: Notice the little page icon with a zig zag through it in the address bar on our site. If it is colored blue, compatibility is turned on. When it is colored white, compatibility view is off. (Click the image directly under the word 'Instructions' to get a close up.

Or, you can wait a bit while we fix or use another browser.
  • Turned off completly. On the blank page at the bottom left corner it says done with a little box next to it which tells you an error on this page has occured.
  • Thanks folks, we are close to figuring it out. Soon!
  • Ok! If you haven't moved on to loading with another browser yet, and were still waiting on a fix for IE, go ahead and give it a go.
  • Seems to be working fine now for me on IE. Thanks for the quick fix, again! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Incendas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks working now (((hugs)))